Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 117 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The condescension is getting a little out of control, methinks. I hold the community here to a higher standard than that. There's a way to emphasize to everyone your opinion that it's "just a theme park/just a business" without coming off as unnecessarily rude or high-and-mighty. Believe it or not, people do develop emotional/nostalgic relationships with elements of theme parks, even though they are at their core a business.

Condescension always reminds me of...

[video=google;-4875804498445482796]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4875804498445482796[/video]

My intuition honestly says that Harry Potter is not coming to USF. I have no source saying this other than my intuition.

From a business stand point it's all hunky dory and then you start getting into logistics. Like transporting all those passengers on a train. Making sure only people with multi-day passes get on the train. Having to deal with Potter capacity issues in two parks. Having to make sure the train does not run when one area is at capacity and one area is not. There are a slew of little things that people aren't taking into account.

I think Universal Orlando is gearing up for a HUGE announcement and that's the only thing tying Jaws closure into Potter phase 2.0. It's all but confirmed we're getting a new lagoon show (correct me if I'm wrong on that), Potter Phase 2.0 confirmed (but no official press release), Amity/Jaws replacement (if not tied into Potter), and we still could be getting something in Kidzone. Potential for our biggest announcement yet. Potter phase 2.0 might distract people from the impending Avatar concept and Fantasyland but it won't shut them down, all of this though, could make them completely forget it...

From a business stand point it's all hunky dory and then you start getting into logistics. Like transporting all those passengers on a train. Making sure only people with multi-day passes get on the train. Having to deal with Potter capacity issues in two parks. Having to make sure the train does not run when one area is at capacity and one area is not. There are a slew of little things that people aren't taking into account.

The train idea isn't even confirmed though. It's just a rumor/speculation right now. They could very well just make everyone walk their happy asses to USF like they always have.

The train idea isn't even confirmed though. It's just a rumor/speculation right now. They could very well just make everyone walk their happy asses to USF like they always have.

Ditto! As convenient as it would be for us, the train is just an idea thrown around. It would be nice for the parkgoer, but not needed.

I wonder if the expansion element will be in Cali first as a teaser to kick off the park.

At the press conference it was heavily implied that the WW in Hollywood would strongly resemble the one currently at IOA. People said they also heard statements saying that expansion would be eventually possible at USH, which would suggest they are getting none of the expansion elements slated for UOR.

If USH plans on expanding eventually, wouldn't it make more sense for them to just open the WWoHP with what we have in Orlando now and with the expanded stuff?

To give people an incentive to go to the original. Plus, that way you open a new land in Hollywood, it does well, people go, then it dies down, you open an expansion, people go back. You're guaranteeing two visits by staggering the expansions.

The following is my semi-realistic view on what I want to happen in the next few years. Most of it isn't rumor or info. Just what I want to happen.

-Amity becomes London/Diagon Alley

-Gringotts Coaster anchors Diagon Alley

-Weasley Wizard Weezes secondary attraction.

-Leaky Cauldron and Florean Fortesque's for food.

-Ollivander's is moved to a bigger location in DA. The old location is expanded and becomes Madame Puddifoot's.

-FFL is closed and replace. In a perfect world, Universal goes out and gets the rights to Bond and puts a 007 ride here to complete the London feel.(For ReelJustice)

-Space Fantasy coaster is built in KidZone (not a rumor...just what I want).

-SS44 is demolished and replaced.

Reactions: Felipe

I just don't see it. I know a lot of people are hopping a board and saying USF is getting Potter, and it's possible, but I'm just not sure about it. If I'm wrong I'll admit it and face no shame in the matter. I'm just looking at this from a logistical stand point and I do see where some people are coming from with the whole "Two Wizarding Worlds in two parks, AND you have to walk!"

As I said, I'm not saying it's not possible, because it very much so is, and it MIGHT happen, but I just don't see it.

The condescension is getting a little out of control, methinks. I hold the community here to a higher standard than that. There's a way to emphasize to everyone your opinion that it's "just a theme park/just a business" without coming off as unnecessarily rude or high-and-mighty. Believe it or not, people do develop emotional/nostalgic relationships with elements of theme parks, even though they are at their core a business.

Thank you, well said! I have wanted (and actually started a dozen replies...) to respond to what I felt was unfair treatment, just couldn't articulate the way I wanted. Sorry if this upsets some of you but alot of comments have been a snotty and down right hypocritical.

You guys are forgetting about the issue that has always plagued a Gringotts mine car coaster that it would be way too similar to ROTM. It wouldn't have been a problem in IOA but down the street from ROTM it is.

You guys are forgetting about the issue that has always plagued a Gringotts mine car coaster that it would be way too similar to ROTM. It wouldn't have been a problem in IOA but down the street from ROTM it is.
I do see your point..the exact same type car would be odd...however their are plenty of new designs in the coaster world that I'm sure Uni would use...I'm betting on an adaption of the cars from the movie..Or something completely different
Hopefully Maher Sohne will not be a part of this coaster *shutters*

Status
Not open for further replies.