Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 144 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno what everyone's complaining about as far as Universal's parking goes. I've never had a problem with it, but that might be 'cause I typically leave an hour or so before the mad rush for the exits. If you stay there 'til close, yeah, of course you're gonna be sitting there in traffic. ;P

While I don't think I'll be using the train too many times after the first few rides, it's beyond words what this would mean to really hardcore fans. It's everything I've wanted since I opened the books over a decade ago, and what I've wanted every day since. Yeah, my six-year-old self imagined Actual Hogwarts instead of what we have, but that was before I learned that theme parks are their own kind of magic.

I know, I know, this is cheesy beyond belief, but walking through Hogsmeade and up to Hogwarts already had me in tears when I went (and then as I left, and then that awkward part in the middle where I got banned from Universal until this May... but that's another story) because it was so overwhelming not only to see the culmination of what I'd been waiting for since before WWoHP was officially announced and what I have such wonderful memories of awaiting with people like you guys, but because I was going to Hogwarts.

It might not make sense to some, but Harry Potter has defined my life, my development, and the person I have become in more ways than I will ever be able to explain. To have such a physical, amazing manifestation of that meant the world as it is. Now, to ride the Hogwarts Express and be able to replicate what I've read and watched just that much more? I'll pay as much money as it takes and wait in lines as long as it takes and it'll be magical.

Reactions: TSSD
^ All of the above.

Also, my only true wish beyond the all-but-confirmed is that any and all indoor queues/attractions maintain a strict NO FLASH rule. It is the most aggravating thing when you're trying to appreciate Dumbledore in all his holographic glory and then he's ruined by sudden indoor lightning.

While I don't think I'll be using the train too many times after the first few rides, it's beyond words what this would mean to really hardcore fans. It's everything I've wanted since I opened the books over a decade ago, and what I've wanted every day since. Yeah, my six-year-old self imagined Actual Hogwarts instead of what we have, but that was before I learned that theme parks are their own kind of magic.

I know, I know, this is cheesy beyond belief, but walking through Hogsmeade and up to Hogwarts already had me in tears when I went (and then as I left, and then that awkward part in the middle where I got banned from Universal until this May... but that's another story) because it was so overwhelming not only to see the culmination of what I'd been waiting for since before WWoHP was officially announced and what I have such wonderful memories of awaiting with people like you guys, but because I was going to Hogwarts.

It might not make sense to some, but Harry Potter has defined my life, my development, and the person I have become in more ways than I will ever be able to explain. To have such a physical, amazing manifestation of that meant the world as it is. Now, to ride the Hogwarts Express and be able to replicate what I've read and watched just that much more? I'll pay as much money as it takes and wait in lines as long as it takes and it'll be magical.

If I could shove this delicious bag of sour gummy worms through my computer screen, I would. BECAUSE YOU DESERVE THEM.

:thumbs:

This. Exactly this. :rep:

Permits Filed for Demo Between Sinbad & Dragon Coaster

Building upon my two previous posts from ParkRumors and Screamscape, respectively, comes this new ParkRumors find. They've uncovered permits filed with the South Florida Water Management District that call for...
“the demolition of site buildings, hardscape features, landscape features and underground utilities in anticipation of new construction”.

ParkRumors goes on to say...
So not only are they getting rid of those two previously mentioned buildings, but they’re also demolishing/clearing a large section of land directly behind them, all the way to the back of house access roadway behind the Sinbad theater.
And on one final note, the documents filed with these plans indicate the estimated completion date of the demolition is mid-July 2012, so expect to see work begin in the area pretty soon.

Demo-Area.jpg
Overlay.jpg

Coincidentally, the area marked for work above matches the pic Screamscape posted of the plans he saw for the Hogwarts express, with this "New Pathway and Queue" (yellow) extending from the WWOHP arch to the service road in between Sinbad and the coaster:

jbsC2hjJXCytPe.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Thor and violarum
This is kinda awesome, yet i'm still so weirdly uneasy on giving so much land to Potter. I don't want to be, but I am.

It wasn't though. I was far more excited for my fifth grade field trip to go to Universal than I was Magic Kingdom. They had hot properties of their own and rides like BttF, MIB, and Jaws that made kids seek them out. It had it's own demographic of teens+ and on its own franchises. When you went to Universal you got Universal... it was nice. Now you get Simpsons, an ambiguously themed musical coaster, and more Harry Potter. Harry was a good thing to hit IOA. But IOA, by definition, has more leeway in terms of outside franchises and themeing. Universal Studios should celebrate, I dunno... Universal Studios.

For the vast majority of people it was. It wasn't a destination. It wasn't something that people came to Orlando for. It was something that they might go to to take a break from Disney.

It wasn't the draw that it is now.

I guess my perspective, being that of a Florida native 45 minutes out of Orlando, is a bit different than others who fly in but still. For us as older kids and teens, it was Universal all the way. At this point Universal Studios may as well change it's name.

To play devil's advocate here (I like that HP is coming to studios), HP in IOA is already a draw, it brings people to UO in general. The question is then should Studios stick mainly to Universal property, to stay true to their name, or should they have what will bring in more people. Because HPII will bring in a lot more people and help Studios attendance. Perhaps they can use unused (old MSW/Herc and Xena) or outdated (Twister, maybe T2) buildings to focus on more of their Universal and NBC property and use HP as a big draw.

I find it interesting that the construction is happening so quickly yet no announcement has been made. I feel like they should have said something to help assuage the loss of JAWS.

Status
Not open for further replies.