Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 255 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks I noticed it and said there is some foreshadowing. A couple next to me were like huh :lol:

Looks like the foul weather has slowed them down. Thanks for the pics HateToFly.

I'm curious about what will be done with the 2 sections that connect to other 'Lands.' those portions don't match the Victoria Embankment part.

Btw, concrete walls should be going up soon at Gringotts. Rebar is being inspected tomorrow. I assume this is one of the below grade pits.

It is nice to see that there are at least two cranes still on site. Somewhat necessary when one considers the fact that they build these tower cranes with smaller cranes lifting the sections. (there is such a thing as self rising tower cranes, but these do not appear of that ilk.)

two new shots from OrlandoInformer. Scaffolding is coming down!

A1pSPdSCQAE6hzK.jpg:large

A1pSYmjCYAAfoxT.jpg:large

thinking the announcement comes after they finish the water front, which will be right around a certain other park will be inviting guests to a new area...

thinking the announcement comes after they finish the water front, which will be right around a certain other park will be inviting guests to a new area...

The waterfront should open before FLE, unless they hit a big snag for some reason.

And I doubt you'll get an announcement this year. Anything is possible, but I'll be shocked if it happens.

Wow, they are distressing that wall FAR more than I would have expected them to. It seems a wee bit dark to me. Surprised no one else has commented on this. Guess we can expect heavy verdigris streaks beneath the lion heads.

I think that since it's a theme park, the visual effect that the wall will create should be accented for it to be noticed right away. The verdegris is going to pop very well if the ageing process continues as we see it. Plus, the dark accents of the lamps will create a necessary rhythm that will frame the facades behind it, all the while being embellished by the verdegris lion heads. I agree with these colors.

If the water front opens soon, will it be part of London, San Francisco, or World Expo for the time being? Or do we just not talk about it?

I think we're going more towards the lets just speculate about it route. Someone today told me that there wont be Hogwarts Express connecting Phase 1 and 2. Guess some people still aren't convinced. :lol:

To clarify, I was talking about the distressing below. I never said there shouldn't be aging... it just seems too dark to me. I also never said there shouldn't be verdigris stains, I was merely commenting on the fact that none of us knew for sure where they were going next with the faux grainite treatment and was happy that they are introducing a full modern day look.

distress.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.