Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 527 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we think Lester Square Station might be a facade then the other ones SHOULD be the Leaky Cauldron. So possibly something like this...

(Please excuse the crappy photoshop job) :)

wwohpp2.png
Screamscape just posted Gambit's artwork for HP2

You might want to reconsider your purchase plans, and buy it.

i don't have enough money to make two purchases. :lol:

The only reason it's being held back is the guaranteed loss of AP sales that would ensue. Universal learned that lesson dearly during Phase 1 :thumbs:

Ahh, true. I hadn't thought of the AP angle. Not living in Florida I don't get to enjoy that kind of pass.

We did have AP's for Seaworld one year, but we were out there 3 times in 12 months. No chance of that happening any time soon. :pray:

I still think they make the announcement around the same time as D23 in August. Let Disney show their cards first and then blow them out of the water. If Uni's plans indeed are to truly change the perception of the Orlando themepark landscape then this would give them the most bang for their buck.

The only reason it's being held back is the guaranteed loss of AP sales that would ensue. Universal learned that lesson dearly during Phase 1 :thumbs:

In all honesty, I don't think they would have anywhere near the same drop off this time. They've just added too much/are adding too much for people to drop out.

I get why they're cautious, but I don't think it'd be bad this time.

yeah, last time there was pretty much nothing worth coming to see in between when they announced Potter and when it opened. I believe Rockit was the only thing to open and we all know how well that went...

yeah, last time there was pretty much nothing worth coming to see in between when they announced Potter and when it opened. I believe Rockit was the only thing to open and we all know how well that went...

Simpsons opened May 2008, but your point stands. UOR had been neglected for so long.

Would anyone really forgo seeing Transformers and Springfield for a measly $200?. Heck, if you buy at the right time, an ap may even get you to WWoHP2 opening.

Simpsons opened May 2008, but your point stands. UOR had been neglected for so long.

Would anyone really forgo seeing Transformers and Springfield for a measly $200?. Heck, if you buy at the right time, an ap may even get you to WWoHP2 opening.

Simpsons in 2008 and Rockit in 2009.

But really, Simpsons was just a Back to the Future overlay, and Rockit is...Rockit. Neither is Transformers or the still incredibly strong pull of WWoHP1.

Uni learned a lesson and even if it won't have the same effect, they still don't want to take a chance. BTW, they learned two lessons, the first one was don't announce too early and the second one was built stuff beforehand.

BTW, my nurse buys one park a year. Last year it was Sea World and Aquatica. This year it was supposed to be Uni, but from knowing me, she knows what is coming next year. She is considering not going with Uni and maybe going with Disney and then Uni the year after. Since her husband is on a waiting list to get employed full time with Disney, she is playing the wait and see game. Her Sea World doesn't expire until June anyways. But this kind of tells you, there still could be a drop off in sales for people like her.

Uni learned a lesson and even if it won't have the same effect, they still don't want to take a chance. BTW, they learned two lessons, the first one was don't announce too early and the second one was built stuff beforehand.

BTW, my nurse buys one park a year. Last year it was Sea World and Aquatica. This year it was supposed to be Uni, but from knowing me, she knows what is coming next year. She is considering not going with Uni and maybe going with Disney and then Uni the year after. Since her husband is on a waiting list to get employed full time with Disney, she is playing the wait and see game. Her Sea World doesn't expire until June anyways. But this kind of tells you, there still could be a drop off in sales for people like her.

It would be negligible.

Honestly, how many APs don't know what's coming? I'd say the vast majority are smart enough to figure it out.

It would be negligible.

Honestly, how many APs don't know what's coming? I'd say the vast majority are smart enough to figure it out.

You've met people that live in Orlando, right? Smart is not always the word I would use. I think you would be surprised the number of people that don't know what is going on. I know when I talk to locals and I tell them about it, most of them have no clue what is going on. Even ones with annual passes. People just see construction and know something is coming.

You've met people that live in Orlando, right? Smart is not always the word I would use. I think you would be surprised the number of people that don't know what is going on. I know when I talk to locals and I tell them about it, most of them have no clue what is going on. Even ones with annual passes. People just see construction and know something is coming.

Well, that's enough. They know something massive is on the way. If they wanted to wait for it, they would have already no re-upped their APs.

A lot of people that WORK THERE don't even fully realize it yet. I mean, when you're working there (predominately at the same location day in and day out), you don't know or care what they are building around the park. By the end of the day you just want to go home. :lol:

I think you would be surprised the number of people that don't know what is going on. I know when I talk to locals and I tell them about it, most of them have no clue what is going on. Even ones with annual passes. People just see construction and know something is coming.

This :thumbs: I agree 100%

Nah.... it could be a very large e-ticket restroom and a building filled with a bunch of benches :)
Oooooo, a little swipe at Disney cloaked in a joke from Izzy. See how fun and easy that is?

That's one. Two more and you have to come sit on the "Doom and Gloomer's" bench with us. It's cool, we have cookies...................and Rum!

Oooooo, a little swipe at Disney cloaked in a joke from Izzy. See how fun and easy that is?

That's one. Two more and you have to come sit on the "Doom and Gloomer's" bench with us. It's cool, we have cookies...................and Rum!

I'm making waffles :thumbs:

Bad news, we're out of rum. But it's Ok, I value engineered this moonshine which is just as good!

lol - never said Disney was perfect, nor smart all the time. I like Rum and Cookies, I can bring the Cake :)

Bad news, we're out of rum. But it's Ok, I value engineered this moonshine which is just as good!

No Rum? Hmmm.... Might have to change my mind then :)

Status
Not open for further replies.