Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 586 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool, I think a 3D Musion Bellatrix would be worth the inconvenience of a pair of 3D glasses.

But OMG! It's just another screen.

Disclaimer: just purely speculation on my part.

That would be awesome. I think a 3D musion effect (as opposed to the 2D version) could be displayed a lot closer to the audience without breaking the illusion.

Last edited:
Just FYI the scaffolding for the London Waterfront facades theming is going up now. Just a matter of time before we're blocked out.

No pictures guys sorry, I is being watched by the rent a cop...

I understand there's some high tensions between Universal Security and this site right now, but lets not insult the security guards, they're not the ones making the rules and they're only doing their job, plus I'm sure it can only make matters worse.

But from what I've been told their department are the only ones enforcing this thing. The rest of the departments, Attractions, Food, Merch, and Entertainment know nothing of this policy. Yes the annoying entertainment people are annoying because it's their job, not because your taking pictures, or so I've been told.

I agree if it's the policy it's the policy. But I really feel like we need more people leaving negative guest comments about the policy to make sure upper management knows about it and that it's not appreciated. And also negative comments about unfair enforcement of it. If they ask you to stop and not someone else that needs to be noted with guest services too.

But from what I've been told their department are the only ones enforcing this thing. The rest of the departments, Attractions, Food, Merch, and Entertainment know nothing of this policy. Yes the annoying entertainment people are annoying because it's their job, not because your taking pictures, or so I've been told.

I agree if it's the policy it's the policy. But I really feel like we need more people leaving negative guest comments about the policy to make sure upper management knows about it and that it's not appreciated. And also negative comments about unfair enforcement of it. If they ask you to stop and not someone else that needs to be noted with guest services too.

The problem is unless you ask security it alright. Go to guest relations and they will state that construction shots are fine from guest areas. Security will stop you and say that they are not. :shrug:

If it's the policy, then lets make it the policy throughout all departments.

The problem is unless you ask security it alright. Go to guest relations and they will state that construction shots are fine from guest areas. Security will stop you and say that they are not. :shrug:

I still don't get the big deal anyways. It is just big fans that want to build more hype for other big fans. Better than free publicity, as your paying to be there :idea2:

It also makes me wonder at which level the decision was made. You know how the game of telephone goes. So it may be from misinformation up or misinformation down. Or even an assumption. :shrug:

Last edited:

All the more reason to lodge a complaint the right way and leave a negative comment.

I expect we won't be seeing photo updates for a while, until this all dies down. I'm not complaining it's just a shame that it has to come to this because the photos you guys take are amazing. It's quite funny actually that Uni's being so uptight about it when you're pretty much giving them free publicity. But aaanyways :focus:

I've never thought of 3D as taking away from a ride experience, only enhancing it. If the attraction is going to be screen-based, I'm always for it.

^^ :lol:

From today, and sorry there not the most awesome shots. I left the DSLR in the car for a reason :wave:

Reactions: Felipe
Universal has many reasons for not wanting construction shots out there. Everything from the the super zooms on blueprints, to construction workers failing to securing themselves properly when on lifts and such. But I would argue that the hype that "Blog sites" like these build for the attraction/expansion would offset any real damage that fan photos can cause.

Universal has many reasons for not wanting construction shots out there. Everything from the the super zooms on blueprints, to construction workers failing to securing themselves properly when on lifts and such. But I would argue that the hype that "Blog sites" like these build for the attraction/expansion would offset any real damage that fan photos can cause.

Yeah just handing OSHA free money and giving them a reason to come on site for further inspections and causing delays.

From today, and sorry there not the most awesome shots. I left the DSLR in the car for a reason :wave:

Thanks for the pics, HTF! :cheers: Lots of scaffolding and some more framing visible! It would be awesome if we had a completed London waterfront before HHN!

Aerial views:

[video=youtube;6QhZ06yMF-4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QhZ06yMF-4[/video]

Creds:Orlando Attractions

Thanks for the heads-up! :thumbs:

Ditto! Updates from sites like OU are seen and re-posted world-wide throughout fan sites, and it creates huge hype for the projects, which bring a lot of business to UOR. And bottom line is, we're just fans. We have no malicious intent, at all, quite the contrary. So, some of the actions they've taken against us are really appalling and feel like a slap in the face of the biggest fans of the resort. I hope this changes soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.