Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 608 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What websites are posting info originally posted here? I don't visit any other sites but this. Perhaps a list of such sites is in order so as to humiliate them. Anyone have the list of the copycats?

I spoke to popsong recently asking if ever used orlando united or planned to join and he said he browses sometimes and said he may join in the future.

^Good to hear.

I am starting to wish they never got rid of jaws. It just doesn't fit in with the other areas in Universal to me.

The way they're going to make wont be like that. And it's Diagon Alley.
Diagon Alley is the draw and the main part, but the facades and where DA is located is London. The London Embankment has been mostly completed for almost a year now, just waiting to add lights and the such.

I think having a London cityscape works just fine, and fits in quite well with the rest of USF. I am more worried about the design / arrangement, and having major landmark buildings one next to the other, instead of looking more like a real city, with a major landmark building and more subtle ones around it. But I'm sure I'll like it either way, and it's a theme park after all.

Well at least it wont be snowy, dark looking buildings.

Diagon Alley doesn't have snowy, dark looking buildings either. It's actually quite colorful, whimsical and cheerful.

? I'm not sure your motives behind your last post. If it was a genuine thanks, then you're welcome...if it was snarky, it's unnecessary.

Having London facades certainly does blend in with the rest of the city themeing, heck even without the London facades Diagon Alley is still a city so even that would fit.

Everybody, it is a studios park! Go to a real studio backlot and there is London next to New York, next to Mexico, next to some Dr. Seuss town. That is how backlots work, they only point the cameras in angles that get the theme they want. So you can't say this areas theme does not match that areas theme, the mix of themes is the grander theme of the whole park.

I'll put this nonsense to rest right now.

Universal Studios Hollywood (a real studio!)

London Street has been featured in several music videos, still shoots and television shows such as “Arrested Development” due to its versatility with camera angles.

The English-themed street offers set -dressed facades and iconic props including two British telephone booths. The houses offer several practical doorways and operational windows.
http://www.universalstudioshollywood.com/production/sections.php?id=37

a_baker_street_with_red_boothe.jpg

Just think, it will be another geographical location (that could even potentially be used for filming more than other locations of the park could)

It will be like the UK Pavilion at EPCOT, but with stuff to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.