Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 662 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a lot of WDI's issues and why they can't do a project at anything close to real world costs is because of ego and legacy. Given the current situation at Universal, I would not be surprised if Creative is starting to have some similar issues (more on the ego side, rather than legacy), but that could also be a problem with the contractors as well, especially Nassal in particular.

I'm glad to know, though, that this shouldn't have too much of an appreciable impact on the land.

I think a lot of WDI's issues and why they can't do a project at anything close to real world costs is because of ego and legacy. Given the current situation at Universal, I would not be surprised if Creative is starting to have some similar issues (more on the ego side, rather than legacy), but that could also be a problem with the contractors as well, especially Nassal in particular.

I'm glad to know, though, that this shouldn't have too much of an appreciable impact on the land.

From my experience, basically everyone in the industry has ego problems.

Hello, Currently here at Universal enjoying both parks before tonight's shift at Fantasmic at Disney's Hollywood Studios, and I happened to notice this plane flying in circles above phase 2 around 2:40pm on 9-11-2013
null_zpse31350cf.jpg

Wonder how soon we are from some fresh aerials.

He emailed me the original post, you don't want to read it... Lets just call it growing pains and one of the downfalls to a rapidly expanding division within a Fortune 500 Company. He is allowing me to tease something but I'm holding onto it for now while I get some more info on a few things. Don't anyone panic though, I mean its not good news but its something most will never realize.

Thanks, it was clear to me that he must have removed any talk of the budget cuts everyone was concerned with. I'm sure like anything else the costs can get outrageous and they have to draw the line somewhere. I would still like to read the full original post for my own curiosity, but maybe it's best that most people don't know what they're going to miss in the final version of DA/HE.

Will do, What Disney resort are you staying at? We're staying at Art of Animation! Can't wait.
I
I have no idea of a plan of action yet though! Totally a relaxed unstructured holiday this one! Different to the last 2 times!

I will be staying at BLT and AKL before moving over to I Drive.

This transcript is a bit lengthy but contains some great bits regarding parks and capital spending as well as a target opening date:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/comcasts-ceo-presents-bank-america-190204362.html

The second attraction is in the other gate and the way you get from one gate to the second gate as you take a train and the train is the Hogwarts Express. And so, the actual transition or the movement from one gate to another gate is part of the attraction which is never been done before and it’s a wonderful creative idea, that opens next spring.

- Steve Burke

This transcript is a bit lengthy but contains some great bits regarding parks and capital spending as well as a target opening date:

The second attraction is in the other gate and the way you get from one gate to the second gate as you take a train and the train is the Hogwarts Express. And so, the actual transition or the movement from one gate to another gate is part of the attraction which is never been done before and it’s a wonderful creative idea, that opens next spring.

- Steve Burke
That's a great interview. It's clear that Comcast sees the theme parks as a bargain whose worth has already increased 9 times since the purchase. Plus they're committed to significant capital spending every year for the rest of the decade. What is very interesting is the attendance figures that Burke mentioned, Basically a 20% increase at the Studios since Transformers opened, and he said a 40 to 50% total attendance increase between Hollywood & Orlando in the past year or so. Those are huge numbers that indicate attendance is probably higher than some independent groups have been estimating. Couple that with an average guest spending higher than WDW and you have a business that's very very healthy. And the most important thing, unlike Blackstone & Disney, Comcast is putting profits back into the business, instead of sucking all the profits out. One other interesting comment is that money is also being spent on IT upgrades, this without all of the disruptions that WDW is going through with their Next Gen albatross.

- Steve Burke

This bodes very well for the parks, and gives us a time frame for the opening of Diagon. But seriously....

Is anyone else just completely offended by how terrible the editing is on this article? I felt like I had to fight to understand the content of most of those sentences.

So Hogwarts Express, train stations and London waterfront all open in Spring, and then Diagon Alley opens in Summer?

I'm not doubting that they could phase in Diagon Alley, but it seems like an unnecessary effort to just save that section for another three months. With the speed and efficiency with which they developed Transformers, what's to say that they won't at least have a "universal" opening for Diagon Alley and all of its major components?

Looking at most of the previous openings, they've been the middle of June, which is still technically spring. But soft openings in May could be a real possibility. Just imagine the crowds next summer considering Transformers (which wasn't even announced) pulled in apx. a 20% increase. It's realistic to expect a 30 to 40% increase on top of that when Diagon opens. Tourists are planning their vacations now. Ladies & gentlemen, this is going to be massive.

NEW WIZARDING WORLD MOVIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[video=youtube_share;I1VhYOqBuKw]http://youtu.be/I1VhYOqBuKw[/video]

Where are all those Disney Fanbois saying there will be no more Potter material? WHERE ARE THEY!?:saw:

Status
Not open for further replies.