Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 143 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like they are "renovating" so to speak Kings Cross to add something, all the way to the left in Briman and Frenzy88s pictures. My question in regards to that is this part of the plan or a change made after initial build out? Almost looks like a cantilever awning is going in just my thoughts

Clarification. 3 cars. 7 cabins per car. 8 *SEATS* per cabin.

Are you saying that there are still 7 cabins? That goes against HTF's post that the number of seats has been reduced. This leaves me wondering how the seats facing both the front and rear in the end cabins will achieve any visual depth. Perhaps depth was never what they were going for.

Are you saying that there are still 7 cabins? That goes against HTF's post that the number of seats has been reduced. This leaves me wondering how the seats facing both the front and rear in the end cabins will achieve any visual depth. Perhaps depth was never what they were going for.

I believe he has since corrected that rumor of a reduction.

Well I haven't seen much mention of this yet but no one has really brought up the small street the runs by Weasley's. So here's my thinking, we have the main street of Diagon Alley and 3 streets coming off of that with Carkit Market on the other side. We know about Knockturn Alley and we know the street in front of Gringotts is Horizont Alley. I have a feeling the 3rd street will end up being Vertic Alley. Thoughts?

A Quick Visual:

DiagonStreetMapLarge.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Mad Dog
According to this, Carkitt Market is actually the name of the street Gambit has labeled as "Vertic Alley" above. If this link is to be believed, Carkitt Market connects Diagon Alley and Horizont Alley and is more diagonal (or at least more curved) than Diagon Alley is: http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-p...ing-world-of-harry-potter-diagon-alley-96348/

This is why I love this place. I'm not sure I believe everything that person in saying but it does make sense. Also, there's some new things I've never heard of in the article.

Does anyone else feel sometimes like the visible portions of this project comes in massive waves and then suddenly slows to a snails pace? I feel like we constantly have 3-4 weeks of crazy progress followed by another few of very little (these last two being part of that slow period). I'm impatient for Leicester to throw up the red tiles and Wyndham to get rid of its red.

Obviously I realize stuff is probably buzzing behind the scene during these periods.

Does anyone else feel sometimes like the visible portions of this project comes in massive waves and then suddenly slows to a snails pace? I feel like we constantly have 3-4 weeks of crazy progress followed by another few of very little (these last two being part of that slow period). I'm impatient for Leicester to throw up the red tiles and Wyndham to get rid of its red.

Obviously I realize stuff is probably buzzing behind the scene during these periods.

It is frustrating but I think teams are being pulled temporarily to finish stuff in Diagon and the North and South stations so other work can proceed. I.E. they can't hang themed decorations and signs on a building whose facade isn't yet finished. It is a messy game of catch-up at this point. I too am sick of pink and white where limestone should be.

This is why I love this place. I'm not sure I believe everything that person in saying but it does make sense. Also, there's some new things I've never heard of in the article.

The descriptions of Shutterbuttons Photo Studio and Fambus Station Wagon broom shop sound interesting to me. Who was it that noticed a broomstick in the DA blueprints and theorized there would be a photo op station in there somewhere? This certainly seems to confirm that. It's mentioned on the Harry Potter Wiki website now, as well:
http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Carkitt_Market

Last edited:
Wow.... that was painful to catch up on this thread. Lots of interesting information though.

I had one comment about the delays. I agree that when Grand Opening occurs it will open the entire area. When that date is, we have no clue at this point, but I would guess sometime in late June/early July. But they can open the area for softs and not have the rides ready. This way they can start making money off of things and test out the crowd flows sooner rather than later. I know that during the last softs they would only open the area if FJ was open, but if FJ shut down an hour after opening they still kept the area open for the entire day and did castle tours. I know this because when I went during softs FJ had been closed most of the day and we got to tour the castle, eat, and shop.

Does anybody know what happened to the helicopter charter fund? My donation was refunded and the thread has been deleted.

I was wondering the same thing, spent about 15 minutes searching for the thread and thought I was going crazy.

I was wondering the same thing, spent about 15 minutes searching for the thread and thought I was going crazy.
There was a little behind the scenes drama.

Come on everybody. Group Hug! Now, isn't that better? Hey stop throwing ****! No hug for you!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.