Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 144 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess where I was today?

p6hw4.jpg

You actually got to stand around back there; some kind of press event? I'm impressed! Is that a security guard giving you the hairy-eyeball?

Guess where I was today?

Oh PLEASE say you have an update! This thread is on life support right now.

In other news, I've been working on compiling all that we know of Diagon from many different sources and have come up with a map of the shops. As you might notice there are a few blank spots left, so if you have any information you sitting on...SPILL IT!

(Click for Full Size)

Last edited:
...there are a few blank spots left, so if you have any information you sitting on...SPILL IT!

Don't have any information, other than to say that "The Hopping Pot" is going to be something (at least a facade if not an actual store) and we don't know where yet, so it could be one of the blank spots.

Excellent diagram Gambit. Where in hell did you find out what the shops would be on the northern side of the Ollivanders building; House Elf Agency etc.? And why don't you have a listing for the show area?

I actually read and heard about the names of the northern shops from a few people who went on the construction tour back in January. In fact one of them wrote an article about it a page or so back. As for the shows, the reason I didn't list anything is because I don't know anything apart from the fact that they exist. Although I have a feeling it would be around the area with all the stairs in Carkit.

I actually read and heard about the names of the northern shops from a few people who went on the construction tour back in January. In fact one of them wrote an article about it a page or so back. As for the shows, the reason I didn't list anything is because I don't know anything apart from the fact that they exist. Although I have a feeling it would be around the area with all the stairs in Carkit.

Ah cool. I feel certain someone here knows what this show will entail. Please tell Gambit so that he can include it on his diagram. Too, please tell us about the costumes, the props, even the effects, should it have them. Then Gambit can get fancy.

:blank:

Ah cool. I feel certain someone here knows what this show will entail. Please tell Gambit so that he can include it on his diagram. Too, please tell us about the costumes, the props, even the effects, should it have them. Then Gambit can get fancy.
:blank:

fancy_o_427516.jpg

You actually got to stand around back there; some kind of press event? I'm impressed!

They had a stage built for a press event with Governor Rick Scott so he could talk about the thousands of jobs Universal is bringing in with Diagon Alley, Cabana Bay and the CityWalk project.

I've been working to catch up for days, and leaving the best for last, so I haven't hit this thread in a while.

First off, big thanks to BriMan, Frenzy and Jake for the awesome pic and video updates! :thumbs:

DH, I'm jealous you got to be on that side of the wall! Even if it was for Governor Voldemort... I mean Rick Scott.

Great sketches, Gambit! I think Scribbulus will be between Wiseacres and the Bank Teller. Isn't the space where you labeled Scribbulus the area with the stairs that will be the outdoor show stage?

I've been working to catch up for days, and leaving the best for last, so I haven't hit this thread in a while.

First off, big thanks to BriMan, Frenzy and Jake for the awesome pic and video updates! :thumbs:

DH, I'm jealous you got to be on that side of the wall! Even if it was for Governor Voldemort... I mean Rick Scott.

Great sketches, Gambit! I think Scribbulus will be between Wiseacres and the Bank Teller. Isn't the space where you labeled Scribbulus the area with the stairs that will be the outdoor show stage?

OK, I loved this. This made me crack up laughing.

I am also jealous of DH, only 4 or 5 months until hopefully we can be on the other side :)

Tell me about it! Britney put on a shockingly good show, even though her vocals were so processed she might well have been lipsyncing. But I'd still rather have spent my day with Governor Voldemort!

I do hope the reason this thread has seemed like a wake for an untimely death today, is because a bunch of you were at the park snapping pictures. Pictures of things we really want to see.

Tell me about it! Britney put on a shockingly good show, even though her vocals were so processed she might well have been lipsyncing. But I'd still rather have spent my day with Governor Voldemort!

Britney's my fave so I'm glad you enjoyed. :thumbs:

Wow.... that was painful to catch up on this thread. Lots of interesting information though.

I had one comment about the delays. I agree that when Grand Opening occurs it will open the entire area. When that date is, we have no clue at this point, but I would guess sometime in late June/early July. But they can open the area for softs and not have the rides ready. This way they can start making money off of things and test out the crowd flows sooner rather than later. I know that during the last softs they would only open the area if FJ was open, but if FJ shut down an hour after opening they still kept the area open for the entire day and did castle tours. I know this because when I went during softs FJ had been closed most of the day and we got to tour the castle, eat, and shop.

As you said it was an all or nothing thing the first time around. And if they kept the area open they were trying to get FJ back. There were a few days they ended softs early because they called FJ for the day.

When the seven dwarf mine train is providing me with far more interesting photo updates... something is wrong. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.