Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 145 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When the seven dwarf mine train is providing me with far more interesting photo updates... something is wrong. :lol:
Unfortunately, Universal's plan of using the London facades to block picture taking is working. How many updates showing crown molding and brick patterens from the same 4 buildings do we need?

As you said it was an all or nothing thing the first time around. And if they kept the area open they were trying to get FJ back. There were a few days they ended softs early because they called FJ for the day.

That is interesting because the day I went it had been down since around 2 PM, this was in the evening and they told us no hope of it opening and it didn't. I didn't care I was pregnant at the time and could not ride it, but hubby would have gone on. I enjoyed being able to take my time in the castle tour part. I also enjoyed seeing everything else and the stores have never been that empty since that day for me.

I was out there, but my cell phone is not going to get good enough pics of the opening, nor am I tall enough lol

I was standing outside the Amity bathrooms yesterday, and couldn't help but notice at least a half dozen construction workers finishing off the backs of the Diagon buildings. This is really leading me to believe there isn't going to be much to cover up that entire side of the land...

Any thoughts?

I was standing outside the Amity bathrooms yesterday, and couldn't help but notice at least a half dozen construction workers finishing off the backs of the Diagon buildings. This is really leading me to believe there isn't going to be much to cover up that entire side of the land...

Any thoughts?
Maybe some tan steel cladding.. Toss in some landscaping, thats the magic of movies.

They could do something like a vinyl printed covering, to give it the appearance of something. But historically they will just paint or clad it.

That is interesting because the day I went it had been down since around 2 PM, this was in the evening and they told us no hope of it opening and it didn't. I didn't care I was pregnant at the time and could not ride it, but hubby would have gone on. I enjoyed being able to take my time in the castle tour part. I also enjoyed seeing everything else and the stores have never been that empty since that day for me.

I was out there, but my cell phone is not going to get good enough pics of the opening, nor am I tall enough lol

The no hope may have been the TMs take (probably because they overhead the technicians talking) But officially (as far as WB was concerned) for a soft to happen and stay open there had to be hope. I was there at least two days they cut it because FJ went down hard, and the land closed shortly after as a result.

I took a few photos today as I passed by. Nothing much.

852AAD6A-40FF-4BC3-9B8A-B27A1307194B.jpg

F93147E9-4737-47F9-A638-B51C0B765149.jpg

62F50B26-2464-4DAB-886D-ED10A32B97AE.jpg

F2E972F6-3450-4CAD-B5B3-6566CB9F8F0E.jpg
9D77CA4B-2698-41D4-87A3-0B4168A2E7A9.jpg

1F67ED48-CA80-4B22-8E00-73E991F45BA8.jpg

DDED893B-214F-453E-AFD3-EFBDD5F728F8.jpg

Thanks for the pics Gambit. Mercy, something must be way behind elsewhere. They're pasting a few joints on a daily basis lately. Perhaps the brickwork redo in the north station that HTF spoke of as well as other decorative stuff beyond this facade.

Perhaps they hoped to have London open long before the softs for Diagon, but this has changed now and the extra workers onsite have become a blessing in disguise.

Universal's jobpage had a listing for turnstile attendants in Harry Potter, it was mentioned that it required taking biometric data; so essentially we will be looking at regular turnstiles with a finger-scanner then? Does anybody know how many lanes there will be for this?
Also, when arriving in Diaogon Alley from Hogsmeade, will you go from the train station to Diagon Alley or will you get out of the station to the front of the London area?

Universal's jobpage had a listing for turnstile attendants in Harry Potter, it was mentioned that it required taking biometric data; so essentially we will be looking at regular turnstiles with a finger-scanner then? Does anybody know how many lanes there will be for this?
Also, when arriving in Diaogon Alley from Hogsmeade, will you go from the train station to Diagon Alley or will you get out of the station to the front of the London area?

In the North Station were looking at 2 Upgrade Counters and then 4 lanes with one of those being ADA Accessible. In the South Station again your looking at two service upgrade counters and then again 4 lanes with one of them being ADA access. As mentioned by TubaGeek you will depart from the train and exit into London. There will never be access from Kings Cross or 9 3/4 into Diagon. You will always have to exit into London and then pass into Diagon via the main entrance.

I guess I'll be "that guy" and say how much I don't like that glaring white "King's Cross" sign they stamped on the front of the station. All I can picture in my head is being across the lake at night, looking over to the London facade, and there it is... glowing like a damned Wal-Mart store front. Ugh. I get why they did it, I just really wish they hadn't anyway. Still though, terribly excited about it all getting near to completion. Thanks to all of you who have taken the time to put up all the great pics!

Nice comparison shots.

It will be really weird after those walls come down.

Theoretically, sightlines will not be altered too seriously when they are finished. It is just a question of what new obstructions will replace the old obstructions. Although the LC designs are great, they have really clashed with the more authentic looking Hogsmeade stonework.

Status
Not open for further replies.