Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 147 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow..if they get this open by May I'll be seriously imporessed. It looks like they have a long way to go still.

^^^^ With all the delays, I bet you they are shooting for a July opening now. Probably very beginning with softs being the end of June.

This will likely be the last shot like this. They were forming up the partition on Friday,

From Adam Roth's twitter:

BhBvYPzIUAAOsN-.jpg

I'm very surprised with the amount of exterior work still needing to be completed from what I saw in bobwadds aerials. They will need to work exceptionally fast to meet their deadline

I'm very surprised with the amount of exterior work still needing to be completed from what I saw in bobwadds aerials. They will need to work exceptionally fast to meet their deadline

Pray for good weather.

If you look closely, the facades may be further along than they appear. They just look bright because they haven't been aged yet. Of course, they could be behind and that's why the London facade hasn't been touched significantly in a month.

PERSPECTIVE EVERYONE. The following pics are from February 20-26, 2010:

DiagonAlley.jpg

greenhousegreat.jpg

IMG_2876.jpg

IMG_2872.jpg

IMG_2914.jpg

Again, perspective... They are pretty much in the same place now as before. Recall too that they put on a zillion more sculptors and painters in the last 3 months before June, 2010!

Guess where I was today?

p6hw4.jpg

HAHA! I know that security guard, he's a really cool guy.

I haven't been in that part of IOA for a very long time, had no idea there was so much construction going on. Sometimes I feel like the entire resort is surrounded by construction walls.

Last edited:
wow...those pictures. wow. its unreal to see how large this project really is. So many moving parts to this sight.

Its really impressive when you think about...what they are trying to accomplish on a land that was a very large water ride.

12758164635_8a005e9304_h.jpg

Hey all, long time no post. This thread has been moving slow recently so I thought I'd post my concept for Universal Orlando Resorts' 3rd Gate. Because Uni won't actually build a third gate, hypothetically, which, if any, of these lands could you see complementing the London Embankment by being built in the FFL/MiB/empty lot between Krustyland/MiB? Sorry for the crudeness of the drawing but Photoshop was being a pain. Clockwise from bottom: Wonka St. (Tim Burtons: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory), the Four Nations of the Avatar (nickelodeon's Aang/Korra), Bikini Bottom (SpongeBob), Far Far Away (Shrek 2-4), Hobbiton, Tomb Raider, Hill Valley 1885 (Back to the Future Part III), Lake-town (Middle Earth), New Metro (Star Trek/Dark Knight).

12758164635_8a005e9304_h.jpg

Hey all, long time no post. This thread has been moving slow recently so I thought I'd post my concept for Universal Orlando Resorts' 3rd Gate. Because Uni won't actually build a third gate, hypothetically, which, if any, of these lands could you see complementing the London Embankment by being built in the FFL/MiB/empty lot between Krustyland/MiB? Sorry for the crudeness of the drawing but Photoshop was being a pain. Clockwise from bottom: Wonka St. (Tim Burtons: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory), the Four Nations of the Avatar (nickelodeon's Aang/Korra), Bikini Bottom (SpongeBob), Far Far Away (Shrek 2-4), Hobbiton, Tomb Raider, Hill Valley 1885 (Back to the Future Part III), Lake-town (Middle Earth), New Metro (Star Trek/Dark Knight).

I do not want to be a downer, but this is not the proper thread for this.

The Gringotts ride will be exactly 4 mins from the moment the RV enters scene 1 to the moment it clears scene 9. Total station time including disembark and load is 2 mins, equaling a 6 min total start to finish experience.

RV restraints are being modified at the moment to accommodate more guests as well as meeting new guidelines.

Creative has been back from Switzerland and programming is going very well as of late!

Finally how about two scene names for you all!

Scene 1: Rail Intersection

Scene 2A: Fall into the Abyss

Goodnight!

Reactions: Descendo
Status
Not open for further replies.