Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 146 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Theoretically, sightlines will not be altered too seriously when they are finished. It is just a question of what new obstructions will replace the old obstructions. Although the LC designs are great, they have really clashed with the more authentic looking Hogsmeade stonework.

Do we have any idea yet what we will see here?

Do we have any idea yet what we will see here?

When it comes to landscaping, I probably have the best inclinations on this site. But I don't know exactly what buildings (if any) might be built in the former games area. I would look for more of the skanky evergreens that are planted between Hogsmeade and Hogwarts. They might toss in a Live Oak (not to be confused with northern oaks) or two for tall fill.

When it comes to landscaping, I probably have the best inclinations on this site. But I don't know exactly what buildings (if any) might be built in the former games area. I would look for more of the skanky evergreens that are planted between Hogsmeade and Hogwarts. They might toss in a Live Oak (not to be confused with northern oaks) or two for tall fill.

So what we are going to be seeing here is landscaping and greenery? make it look like a forest on both sides. Should we expect to see new grass at Dueling Dragons? Its been looking kinda brown (THATS WHAT IT'S CALLED, NOT DRAGON CHALLENGE!!!)

So what we are going to be seeing here is landscaping and greenery? make it look like a forest on both sides. Should we expect to see new grass at Dueling Dragons? Its been looking kinda brown (THATS WHAT IT'S CALLED, NOT DRAGON CHALLENGE!!!)

There never was much grass covering there since 80% of it was lakes and rescue road. The vegetation there was mainly shore stabilization.
And its far from Dueling dragons, since it was prohibited from dueling back in 2011.
Took one of the most technical advanced B&M's and tossed out all that technology. Returning just a plain coaster experience.

They will be building a couple new buildings to replace LC games, but will be set back more that service court was huge, and really didn't need to be. Was made that big for 24' box trucks to pull in for the 3 restaurants, games warehouse and merchandise. But drivers have been able to cope with the bypass bridge so, they can adjust. You couldn't drive in there during park operations so it's useless to eat up that space.

Reactions: Andy
Those 2 pieces of horizontal mullion that are native aluminum on Kings Cross curtain wall are bugging me. I guess the glazing contractor will deal with it on punch list work.

It would be cool if they could include a bridge of some kind to continue the 'island' theme...but I'm sure that would not be great for guest flow from HE to HP

Well, you'll have that in a few years. It's called the bridge between Seuss and LC right now :look: :lol:

Witty, witty... :p I personally hope not, but I might eventually have to resign myself to the fact that it is a strong possibility. I just wish they'd rework LC, since I love its theme and wouldn't want to lose it... I'm holding out hope.

^ Well we all know that HP areas require a bypass for crowd control, and there is no such bypass for LC unless you want a bridge from Seuss to JP... Check and Mate :pound:

They will be building a couple new buildings to replace LC games, but will be set back more that service court was huge, and really didn't need to be. Was made that big for 24' box trucks to pull in for the 3 restaurants, games warehouse and merchandise. But drivers have been able to cope with the bypass bridge so, they can adjust. You couldn't drive in there during park operations so it's useless to eat up that space.

Those new structures will be surrounded by planters of greenery if I'm not mistaken...

I may have just made this up in my head but I was under the impression that the space was to be filled with tall pine-like trees to create a train station in the forest environment like the movies? Including a tree lined walkway up to the Hogsmead entrance? It would be so nice if Hogsmead was kind of hidden from view by trees in my opinion.

With so little to be seen because of the London facades, things that would normally be minor seem like major developments. :lol:

In light of that, Orlando Informer got a shot of the WWW storefront with its orange paint partially completed. I believe it's the first bit of color we've seen there.

entrance-to-diagon-alley-universal-studios-florida-02-22-14.jpg

With so little to be seen because of the London facades, things that would normally be minor seem like major developments. :lol:

In light of that, Orlando Informer got a shot of the WWW storefront with its orange paint partially completed. I believe it's the first bit of color we've seen there.

entrance-to-diagon-alley-universal-studios-florida-02-22-14.jpg

Thanks for the photo bump, it's good to see something new on the inside.

Hi, folks! Our old friend BobWadd apparently climbed into a helicopter recently and took some aerial photos of Diagon Alley! They have been posted at pixelsattheparks.com and there are some great shots.

Last edited:
I remember reading something on here in the past about having other platforms for theming for the queue in kings cross, but aside from that, do we have any idea what we'll be seeing during what looks to be a long walk from the the entrance facade to the actual train platform ?

Status
Not open for further replies.