Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 152 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why they would faux paint the brick work and what not and then go and spray the white molding details and get white overspray all over their previous work... how will they get that off? Try to cover it up with more faux paint? ...things I think about...

Thanks for the pic update, Frenzy88! :thumbs: It's great to see the details coming together! :cheers:

I agree, it is very weird, TheLastAshen... :shrug:

So am I, ReelJustice! The brighter red was definitely looking like a base or primer, but it was awkward nonetheless. I can't wait to see the process and the final outcome of the faux tile finish. For this, watching paint dry should be quite exciting :lol:

First Post; long time lurker! My family are travelling to the Orlando area between the 11th and 25th July. Is that a pretty safe bet to visit Diagon Alley? We should have a 14 day pass so any day/days would do! We've seen most of these sights up close - including the Hogwarts Express on the West Highland Line. But having the opportunity to be immersed in the second Wizarding World makes us very excited - if slighty nervous that we miss it by a few days - to see the "real" Diagon Alley.

Even there he's been a bit quiet. I know he said he had some personal stuff to attend to for a while.

I'd be looking at early July, unless Universal is able to pull 20 hour days for a while to get some things smoothed out. Hard to peg just yet. I don't expect to hear an announcement this month. But stranger things have happened.

I hope they announce something soon. I already booked my hotel for June but I might have to push it back depending on opening date.

Orlando Theme Park News posted a new update showing some more progress on the Embankment.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2014/03/universal-studios-update-cloudy-but_7.html

Things look a little different on the back section:
jTj0o7Q3OXh9a.JPG

j4DcSIZxpiIFa.JPG

Looks like the beginnings of the waterfront entrance gate:
jh3kkxcwkn4Qs.JPG

Work has begun on the fountain:
jckUli4zroWxo.JPG

All photo credit to Orlando Theme Park News, http://www.orlandoparksnews.com

Mercy, I guessed correctly way back that that is a retaining wall for earth... Wild that they are piling it 8' high in what has to be one of the steepest berms on property, that I have seen.

Mr Parks... that is not a "ladder thingy". That is tied off rebar being readied for a boxed frame and a pour of concrete. Together they will become what is called "reinforced concrete".

I'm sorry Mr.Teebin I was not aware of that term nor what it was.I did infer what i saw which looked like a ladder to my standards, sorry if i disappointed you

Now now... I wasn't trying to be unkind. I just have an attitude in my presentation and replies, that I am sure stresses everyone on this site at times.

I will add that what is curious about that column, is that I assume it is going to have to support something very heavy as that is quite a heavy dose of rebar. Perhaps it is one of the columns of the Whitehall style gates that were shown in the concept art, and it will have to carry the fancy steel gates.

Reactions: natespf
Anyone see any difference what so ever with that R? :lol: I think someone must have just nicked it to play hide and seek with; it looks exactly the same to me. Maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks for the photo's, love to see them. It's shocking how much they are doing but also concerning we are in March and there is still a ton of work to be done. I have a lot of respect for the projectleader.
Can't wait to visit it at the end of this year. :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.