Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 157 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am pretty doubtful you'll get much more then screens. Maybe some air that blows on you in the cabin, but actual dementors in the train? Seems way too good to be true. I also think it's funny that you are disppointed there are two shows. They could have easily gone the cheaper route and made one show both ways.

Wouldn't the train have to stop for dementors to board? Honestly with talks of this being low capacity I would prefer for there to be no stops just to minimize wait times.

Well since we'll be looking at a screen they could just make it look like we're stoping without the actual train even slowing down. :shrug:

No one ever said you would see an actual Dementor inside the train, only that there would be in- cabin effects to make their presence known...

The apparent Un-confirmation of the 400+ combos is my biggest disappointment! but I rather have 2 well composed journeys than many pointless variations. Still hoping for daytime vs nighttime visuals...

Well since we'll be looking at a screen they could just make it look like we're stoping without the actual train even slowing down. :shrug:
Precisely. Add some sound effects, and a cold air conditioner blasting on you, and I think it could be effective.

While I am happy we got some details on the HE, I don't believe this is it. I suspect Universal has a few things up their sleeve.

I am pretty doubtful you'll get much more then screens. Maybe some air that blows on you in the cabin, but actual dementors in the train? Seems way too good to be true. I also think it's funny that you are disppointed there are two shows. They could have easily gone the cheaper route and made one show both ways.

I'm certain that I'm not the only one disappointed that there are only two shows. Yes, its better than one show, but one show wouldn't have made sense since each show starts and ends at opposite physical places.

No one ever said you would see an actual Dementor inside the train, only that there would be in- cabin effects to make their presence known...

The apparent Un-confirmation of the 400+ combos is my biggest disappointment! but I rather have 2 well composed journeys than many pointless variations. Still hoping for daytime vs nighttime visuals...

No one ever said it, but I'm not crazy thinking that it was HEAVILY hinted at, am I?

The stuff about Dementors ON the train was only Fanboi speculation. Don't quote me on this, but I believe that the glass separating the couchettes from the hallway are frosted to where you can't actually see out into the hallway. If that is the case they could use a projected effect along with sound to imply that there are Dementors in the hallway. But that is just me speculating.

Last edited:
There's a new King's Cross section on the site with a new video and some extra goodies. It looks like we may be seeing a cameo from the trio as well.

6-2.png

4-2.png

5-2.png

3-2.png

Hogsmeade Station:

2-3.png

Carkit Market:

1-3.png

Reactions: Felipe
The stuff about Dementors ON the train was only Fanboi speculation. Don't quote me on this, but I believe that the glass separating the couchettes from the hallway are frosted to where you can't actually see out into the hallway. If that is the case they could use a projected effect along with sound to imply that there are Dementors in the hallway. But that is just me speculating.

That would be an absolutely acceptable substitute to a dementor attacking your individual car. I just hope it's more than just a visual of them in the "window" and a little bit of AC.

And yes those pictures ^ look great, thanks!

Little disappointed that there'll only be two versions of the ride, but on the plus side I won't have to worry about missing something like Star Tours where I still haven't seen the Death Star.

The new artwork is beautiful. The market looks like a really nicely designed area (complete with Butterbeer Brewery-esque signage over that archway!) and I think the expansion is going to rekindle that genuinely overwhelming feeling everyone got when entering Hogsmeade for the first time. I'm perhaps hoping for slightly more dense tree cover and foliage on the pathway leading to Hogsmeade station though, anyone else?

Listening to Harry's Wondrous World as I post this; I feel like I'm walking past Owl Post and up towards FJ with a butterbeer in hand :cheers:

The train's meant for guests of all ages. I'm pretty sure a lot of younger guests would be terrified if Demontors actually showed up INSIDE the train. The window acts as a protective barrier.

Status
Not open for further replies.