Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 158 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The train's meant for guests of all ages. I'm pretty sure a lot of younger guests would be terrified if Demontors actually showed up INSIDE the train. .

Just like JAWS was meant for all ages...
More terrified than this?

[video=youtube_share;fq-CTtmSeVU]http://youtu.be/fq-CTtmSeVU[/video]

Robert Niles at TPI is reporting rumored soft openings for diagon starting as early as may 14.

Anyone think those photos of the ride look kinda...fake. It looks like the actors on top of a cheap green screen. Maybe, I'm just being picky?

Softs starting May 16? :inquisitive: While I'm very confident in Universal's abilities, with all the delays that have occurred, that almost sounds too good to be true for them.
All the info on the Express is interesting. Even if we knew the basics, it's always fun to learn some of the details they can share right now. I'm curious as to why one of the articles seemed to make it out as if guests don't enter the brick wall for 9 and 3/4. The way it was worded, we'd watch people enter from afar. That may have just been funny wording but I found it interesting. The new artwork is wonderful as always, and I loved the images from the ride itself - the details are really breathtaking in rides like this. And Carkitt market looks gorgeous in the artwork, it looks akin to a larger version of the Owl Post in Hogsmeade - an open area where you can kind of take a break from queuing, which is an important feature in an area like this (in my opinion)...

So are they just going to start letting the public in for softs, or will they do like they did for Hogsmeade and make the softs for hotel guests? I was prepared to book at least a couple nights at one of the hotels for this- I suppose I still would, but just was wondering if it will be the same as before.

Anyone think those photos of the ride look kinda...fake. It looks like the actors on top of a cheap green screen. Maybe, I'm just being picky?

I thought the same thing, but remember how high-tech and somewhat 3D (I think) these screens will be. I'm sure it'll have depth and realism. I don't think Universal would be allowed to mess that up.

FJ cgi is flat and cruddy too and many of us felt that way even before Phase 1 opened... seems like an artistic choice WB is forcing onto them. I have found out only recently that WB wields vast amounts of artistic power over UC. In many cases, UC might as well not exist.

Does anyone know what the windows/screens in the train are made of? If they are boxing people in cubicles and asking them to be seated that sounds like they may be assuming average height and distances. I don't remember hearing one way or the other, but could indicate they may be doing something with a parallax display.

Does anyone know what the windows/screens in the train are made of? If they are boxing people in cubicles and asking them to be seated that sounds like they may be assuming average height and distances. I don't remember hearing one way or the other, but could indicate they may be doing something with a parallax display.

Notice that they were a bit vague about seating. I was told that they might allow standing room in some instances. Who knows if that will turn out to be true as it would kill the idea of controlled viewing angles.

Also about the footage/screen shots we've seen of the onboard video, if you watch the new video on the interactive site when you click on Kings Cross and "take the train to Hogsmead" the annimation is very obviously unfinished in this video so I would'nt be too critical just yet.

The stuff about Dementors ON the train was only Fanboi speculation. Don't quote me on this, but I believe that the glass separating the couchettes from the hallway are frosted to where you can't actually see out into the hallway. If that is the case they could use a projected effect along with sound to imply that there are Dementors in the hallway. But that is just me speculating.

Yes, you can see in the video of Thierry Coup on board the train from the live webcast that the glass in the cabin doors is indeed frosted. I guess I always assumed that the Dementors in the hall would be a shadow/projection effect. It seems like it could be a simple yet very effective trick. And going the other direction, they could use the same trick and flashes of color to signify fireworks being shot into the train by the Weasley twins, or something similar.

Didn't HTF say in one of the podcasts that there would be effects on both sides of the cabin? If that's the case then I think shadows/projections on the frosted glass is the most likely scenario.

Anyone else disappointed that the castle viaduct resembles that awkwardly stretched out bridge in DH part 2 and not the version we see in HP 1-6 and Forbidden Journey? Because that is driving me insane...

Yes, you can see in the video of Thierry Coup on board the train from the live webcast that the glass in the cabin doors is indeed frosted. I guess I always assumed that the Dementors in the hall would be a shadow/projection effect. It seems like it could be a simple yet very effective trick. And going the other direction, they could use the same trick and flashes of color to signify fireworks being shot into the train by the Weasley twins, or something similar.

Didn't HTF say in one of the podcasts that there would be effects on both sides of the cabin? If that's the case then I think shadows/projections on the frosted glass is the most likely scenario.

yeah, this definitely seems possible. So will you be able to hear what going on outside? because in reality you wouldn't.

Sorry if this has been brought up before but I think I remember people getting tickets to return to Hogsmeade at the opening that couldn't wait in the queue. I was lucking to get in the queue right in front of the Jurassic Park Discovery Center for my first time there three weeks after opening.

Am I just imagining the return tickets or was it real?

Status
Not open for further replies.