Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 156 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like portions of the interactive website are down. The intro and animated map work normally, but when you click on Diagon Alley, the window either freezes or goes black depending on the browser. At least that's what I've been getting, and I tried on two different computers.

I don't know if that means anything, but could it be receiving an update and they neglected to add a "down for maintenance" notice?

Ok, I posted an article on the Touringplans blog that I encourage someone else to link to ;-)
Here are the highlights:
Guests traveling from London will go through Kings Cross Station just like Harry did in the books and films. An optical illusion/magic trick that will make it appear as though people ahead of you in line are actually passing through the wall.
There will be no height requirement to ride the Hogwarts Express.
After stepping onto Platform 9 3/4, guests will see the Hogwarts Express billowing steam, luggage carts, and owls in cages.
Riders traveling from Universal Studios Florida to Islands of Adventure will encounter Dementors, and see Hagrid flying on his motorbike through the train’s “window”.
Riders traveling in the opposite direction will also see Hagrid, along with Buckbeak the. Hippogriff, the Knight Bus, and the Weasley twins, who will create a fireworks display for you.
The actual train ride will be about six minutes long.
Exact hourly capacity has not yet been determined, but each of the two trains will carry an number of guests “comparable” to other Universal attractions.
Each cabin on the train holds “about 8 people” and is separated from other cabins by closing doors, and every guest will “take a seat.”
The creative team did research in London to ensure that the train whistles, cabin fabric, and even metal bolts are all authentic.
The existing Hogwarts Express locomotive in Hogsmeade will remain as a photo op.
Guests on board the trains will not see anything from the theme parks, only the virtual British countryside.
Guests must purchase a park-to-park ticket in order to ride the Hogwarts Express. There will be a way to upgrade your ticket at the attraction.
All guests must exit the train at its destination and queue again if they wish to return. You will not be allowed to remain on board for round-trip transit.
Guests will exit the train outside of Hogsmeade or into the London Waterfront area. All guests wishing to enter Diagon Alley must pass through the “magical” brick wall near the Leaky Cauldron; there is no direct access from the train station to Diagon Alley.

Reactions: Felipe
Ok, I posted an article on the Touringplans blog that I encourage someone else to link to ;-)
Here are the highlights:
Guests traveling from London will go through Kings Cross Station just like Harry did in the books and films. An optical illusion/magic trick that will make it appear as though people ahead of you in line are actually passing through the wall.
There will be no height requirement to ride the Hogwarts Express.
After stepping onto Platform 9 3/4, guests will see the Hogwarts Express billowing steam, luggage carts, and owls in cages.
Riders traveling from Universal Studios Florida to Islands of Adventure will encounter Dementors, and see Hagrid flying on his motorbike through the train’s “window”.
Riders traveling in the opposite direction will also see Hagrid, along with Buckbeak the. Hippogriff, the Knight Bus, and the Weasley twins, who will create a fireworks display for you.
The actual train ride will be about six minutes long.
Exact hourly capacity has not yet been determined, but each of the two trains will carry an number of guests “comparable” to other Universal attractions.
Each cabin on the train holds “about 8 people” and is separated from other cabins by closing doors, and every guest will “take a seat.”
The creative team did research in London to ensure that the train whistles, cabin fabric, and even metal bolts are all authentic.
The existing Hogwarts Express locomotive in Hogsmeade will remain as a photo op.
Guests on board the trains will not see anything from the theme parks, only the virtual British countryside.
Guests must purchase a park-to-park ticket in order to ride the Hogwarts Express. There will be a way to upgrade your ticket at the attraction.
All guests must exit the train at its destination and queue again if they wish to return. You will not be allowed to remain on board for round-trip transit.
Guests will exit the train outside of Hogsmeade or into the London Waterfront area. All guests wishing to enter Diagon Alley must pass through the “magical” brick wall near the Leaky Cauldron; there is no direct access from the train station to Diagon Alley.

Even more info. Thanks for sharing

Full press release and stills released by Universal Orlando Resort:

ORLANDO, Fla. (March 14, 2014) – One of the most memorable and exciting experiences from the Harry Potter series will come to life at Universal Orlando Resort this summer. Imagine:

• Being transported from the Muggle world to the wizarding world as you pass through the brick wall at King’s Cross Station to arrive at Platform 9 ¾
• Watching in amazement as the Hogwarts Express pulls into the station – its billowing steam and authentic
whistle beckoning you to hop aboard
• Sitting in one of the train’s cabins with your family and friends and actually riding the Hogwarts Express – just as your favorite characters did in the Harry Potter films
• Looking outside your cabin window and enjoying a scenic, breathtaking journey through the British countryside as you encounter magical creatures, some of your favorite Harry Potter characters... and even Dementors...

Since the very first Harry Potter film, every fan has dreamed of taking the same classic journey Harry Potter did aboard the Hogwarts Express. And this summer – they will get to live it.

Today, Universal Orlando revealed never-before-released details about the Hogwarts Express experience that will debut as part of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley – the all-new, magnificently themed land opening this summer. The train will connect the new land in Universal Studios Florida with The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade in Islands of Adventure – allowing guests with park-to-park admission to enjoy a real journey aboard the iconic locomotive.

Never before has this been done – creating an actual train ride experience to connect two spectacularly themed environments. The Hogwarts Express experience combines powerful storytelling, live special effects, lifelike animation and state-of-the-art technology to take riders on the journey of a lifetime. Guests will enjoy two completely different experiences depending on whether they’re traveling to Hogsmeade or London.

Once seated in the cabin, guests will be able to look out their windows as an incredibly authentic and magical adventure unfolds before them. They’ll see Hagrid come alongside the train on his flying motorbike, Buckbeak the Hippogriff swoop gracefully over the black lake, the Weasley twins on brooms and up to their usual antics, the Knight Bus swerving through London traffic – and other special moments and surprises.

Universal’s Creative team has been working closely with Warner Bros., Stuart Craig and the production team from the Harry Potter films to create a sensational Hogwarts Express experience that the entire family can enjoy. The Creative team has gone to great lengths to ensure the experience is true to the books and films. Everything about the train is authentic – from the paint and the materials used to build it.... all the way down to the whistle.

Park-to-park admission is required to experience the Hogwarts Express journey from The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley (located in Universal Studios Florida) to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade (located in Universal’s Islands of Adventure). For more information about the Hogwarts Express – including a new video that features a first-look at the ride experience – and The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, visit www.universalorlando.com/harrypotter.

BiqRh4UCUAI2wEu.jpg:large

BiqR5EkCYAAHZHt.jpg:large

BiqSEeUCYAAPJv-.jpg:large

Attachments

• 01_Buckbeak.jpg
    01_Buckbeak.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 02_Fred-Weasley.jpg
    02_Fred-Weasley.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 7
  • 03_Hagrid-at-Hogsmeade-Station.jpg
    03_Hagrid-at-Hogsmeade-Station.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: badlactose
So it's just one journey for each way? Not to sound disappointed or ungrateful, but I thought it was going to vary and mix and match, a la Star Tours 2.0. Otherwise, it still sounds like an amazing ride and I can't wait until it opens. Also, nice to hear that both twins are involved and not just one of them since...ya know....

So it's just one journey for each way? Not to sound disappointed or ungrateful, but I thought it was going to vary and mix and match, a la Star Tours 2.0. Otherwise, it still sounds like an amazing ride and I can't wait until it opens. Also, nice to hear that both twins are involved and not just one of them since...ya know....

I was just about to say the same thing. Seriously? Two stories? Did they do do that to minimize repeat riders? I may be reading into it wrong, but I also was hoping dementors in the hall way, not just everything on the window screens. I'm sure it'll be cool, but...eh for now.

I was just about to say the same thing. Seriously? Two stories? Did they do do that to minimize repeat riders? I may be reading into it wrong, but I also was hoping dementors in the hall way, not just everything on the window screens. I'm sure it'll be cool, but...eh for now.

Didn't even realize that. Yeah, so the dementors are just on the screen as opposed to in the hallway? If that's true, that's probably the most disappointing fact.

Didn't even realize that. Yeah, so the dementors are just on the screen as opposed to in the hallway? If that's true, that's probably the most disappointing fact.

Well they did say there were more surprises and "live special effects." Add to that what Hatetofly told us about the super powered air conditioning on the cars and there's still a good chance.

Well they did say there were more surprises and "live special effects." Add to that what Hatetofly told us about the super powered air conditioning on the cars and there's still a good chance.

I wouldn't be surprised if the air conditioners were just turned on when the dementors were seen from the outside of the train and the "window" freezes. I would really hope it'd be an in-cabin effect, but who knows at this point. No point in complaining, we're still getting an awesome new attraction either way.

Wouldn't the train have to stop for dementors to board? Honestly with talks of this being low capacity I would prefer for there to be no stops just to minimize wait times.

Doesn't the train have to stop though? There's only one track, with two trains going in opposite directions. At least one of them will stop in the middle of the ride to let the other one pass. I assume this is when the Dementors "attack".

Doesn't the train have to stop though? There's only one track, with two trains going in opposite directions. At least one of them will stop in the middle of the ride to let the other one pass. I assume this is when the Dementors "attack".

The trains are connected by cable, and move at the same time and speed. There is a bypass in the middle, and each side is long enough for the trains. One train will always take the east side and the other train will always take the west side. Both trains will enter the bypass, one coming from the north and the other from the south. Then both trains will be 100% inside the bypass, so each can go out on the side the other came in.

Status
Not open for further replies.