Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 204 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From my convos with Alan I believe he is the big dog this time around, Stuart seems to be involved in name only.

Yeah, Craig appeared with Woodbury in the video back in December, leading me to believe he is involved to some extent. The other person in the video whose name I could not remember was Dale Mason. I will probably not remember his name all over again tomorrow.

Robert Niles on the themepark insider twitter is furthering his original call and saying softs for diagon can be expected may 14-21

Hopefully the work on the lampposts includes putting lasers somewhere along there for the Cinespec. That area is still lacking much pizzazz.

I agree, though, Teebin. Most projects of this size eventually become more scattered and erratic as deadlines are missed/changed/etc, but it seems Diagon Alley has been plagued with this problem from the beginning. It gives those of us with OCD anxiety! I know in the end everything will be finished and look gorgeous, but the means is a little frustrating.

Can I pile on with the primer overspray on all of their painted brickwork?!

Not to mentioned the sputters the London facade goes through, they apparently stopped almost all the way through with the red tiles, the visible portions of King Cross show building still (despite the nifty wall) and the spaces in the tree berm... it's enough to drive me crazy.

At least there is a berm, which means they acknowledge visual disturbances and gives me hope they will install trees both in front and behind the berm on ground level (offset of course) to properly hide absolutely everything.

I agree, though, Teebin. Most projects of this size eventually become more scattered and erratic as deadlines are missed/changed/etc, but it seems Diagon Alley has been plagued with this problem from the beginning. It gives those of us with OCD anxiety! I know in the end everything will be finished and look gorgeous, but the means is a little frustrating.

Yep, I was merely airing my perception that project details are so out of sync at this point. London appears to be the bastard of the entire project.

Can I pile on with the primer overspray on all of their painted brickwork?!

Not to mentioned the sputters the London facade goes through, they apparently stopped almost all the way through with the red tiles, the visible portions of King Cross show building still (despite the nifty wall) and the spaces in the tree berm... it's enough to drive me crazy.

At least there is a berm, which means they acknowledge visual disturbances and gives me hope they will install trees both in front and behind the berm on ground level (offset of course) to properly hide absolutely everything.

Just my frustration in seeing them wasting their own time to speed things up. I truly believe the Wyndham facade was an execution nightmare and failure in planning. They were pasting bits and pieces together that should have been cast as a whole back in the workshop. I have never seen such BS, much like the embankment wall.

So...a little of topic I guess but I was rereading the Philosopher's Stone and stumbled upon this motto inside Gringotts, and I was just hoping that this will be included as I think it gives a nice prelude to the ride
Enter, stranger, but take heed
Of what awaits the sin of greed
For those who take, but do not earn,
Must pay most dearly in their turn.
So if you seek beneath our floors
A treasure that was never yours,
Thief, you have been warned, beware
Of finding more than treasure there

It could be on a gold plaque,illuminated with a spotlight or how they illuminate the words for the Forbidden Journey signage. I would imagine JK would like to see this too. They could place it in the circular entrance where Stand-By and Single Riders Divide

Reactions: badlactose
So...a little of topic I guess but I was rereading the Philosopher's Stone and stumbled upon this motto inside Gringotts, and I was just hoping that this will be included as I think it gives a nice prelude to the ride

It could be on a gold plaque,illuminated with a spotlight or how they illuminate the words for the Forbidden Journey signage. I would imagine JK would like to see this too. They could place it in the circular entrance where Stand-By and Single Riders Divide

I would be very surprised if that's not somehow involved in the queue. Nice find!

It's nifty to revisit the books to find this stuff. Thanks for pointing it out to us! Sounds perfect.

Will Universals Cinematic Spectacular be staying ???
Is the show that good ? I have yet to see it live myself but not really excited about the videos .
What I do know is that ,for me, those barges are going to ruin the London skyline .

Will Universals Cinematic Spectacular be staying ???
Is the show that good ? I have yet to see it live myself but not really excited about the videos .
What I do know is that ,for me, those barges are going to ruin the London skyline .

A night show will be a permanent fixture at the USF lagoon moving forward. Whether it is Cinespec or not.

The barges are folded down for the vast majority of the day.

Just think it would be nicer without those barges sine Universal seems to be getting good at themeing .
They used to have that exploding boat a long time ago ,maybe something similar with an english theme would be good .
Then again Im happy if i get to see the whole HP next year

Status
Not open for further replies.