Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 421 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I've heard, FJ may be getting express sometime next year. I think it makes perfect sense for crowd control - FJ still gets a the biggest wait times most crowded days, and I'm sure Express would make it worse... I thought that newer attractions got this treatment, but if Transformers got it right away, it might simply be due to the craziness of Potter crowds... Can you imagine them trying to implement express on Gringott anytime this summer?

I don't know.. Considering FJ is a continuously moving attraction, I feel like Express would be a tough line to manage along with regular and single riders.

Yeah, that's the only thing that's keeping the faith alive that it's just Potter attractions. Which I don't really understand the reasoning behind it. Is it purely crowd control?

From what I've heard, FJ may be getting express sometime next year. I think it makes perfect sense for crowd control - FJ still gets a the biggest wait times most crowded days, and I'm sure Express would make it worse... I thought that newer attractions got this treatment, but if Transformers got it right away, it might simply be due to the craziness of Potter crowds... Can you imagine them trying to implement express on Gringott anytime this summer?

FJ and Gringotts are built with ExpressPass in mind, so I see them EVENTUALLY getting it, but when is the question. I don't think Universal is against Potter attractions with ExpressPass, I think they just want to let every guest experience it on equal footing.

Just want to pop in to say I'm really happy for everyone that got to experience HE today....and by that I of course mean I'm a tad jealous too ;).

Also, in case anyone was wondering, according to the gentleman I spoke with at reservations they will be adding Diagon Alley to resort guest early entry starting on July 9. That was what he was informed, at least, so it might be worth taking that with a grain of salt.

It's finally happening.

For those wondering, yes Gringotts is a good ride, very worth it. The 3 main actors are either in the ride or lookalikes, was hard to tell for sure. But yes very cool. Similar to Spider-Man and transformers in a way, with some fast segments like Mummy.

Really glad for all you peeps who got on last night. I felt really excited and I wasn't even there! Being able to live it all vicariously sure is great :cheers:

I heard about the softs, got out of work early and practically sprinted to King's Cross because I know how finicky soft openings can be. But I ended up getting on and would've geeked out so much harder if I wasn't by myself. Even so, I couldn't stop smiling throughout the entire experience, from entering the queue to leaving Hogsmeade station. I still have yet to ride from Hogsmeade to London, but hopefully they'll soft open it again today because I'll be back on Potterwatch bright and early!

Capacity seems to be much better then what a few were saying. I wonder how long the lines will be today now that the cat is out of the bag and the ride is in full softs.

Capacity seems to be much better then what a few were saying. I wonder how long the lines will be today now that the cat is out of the bag and the ride is in full softs.

Once the "Seven Minute Ride time" Universal originally claimed was deemed false, the capacity picture got much better. They seemed to be hitting 7 minute cycle time regularly yesterday, which comes out to about 1400 people per side per hour. Not great, but better than the 1000 or so we could have expected with a seven minute ride time.

I thought the line seemed short considering Diagon wasn't open at all, leaving most people to just ride on the HE over and over. Once Diagon opens, I wonder if things will get even better. I'm thinking allowing only 2 park tickets to ride may be it's saving grace. Sure Universal will sell more 2 park passes, but I also think the folks that are adament about 1 park, and saving money will stick to their budget.

I guess we will see.

For those wondering, yes Gringotts is a good ride, very worth it. The 3 main actors are either in the ride or lookalikes, was hard to tell for sure. But yes very cool. Similar to Spider-Man and transformers in a way, with some fast segments like Mummy.

So happy for you getting a chance to ride! Can you please post lots of details in the spoiler thread?

- - - Updated - - -

Rode Gringotts twice tonight. They have it working a bit better. A few odd things though, stuff not synced in the preshow/elevator, weird dark square at the edge of one of the screens. But still a great ride!

Great info! Please tell us more in the spoilers thread!

The HE was a wonderful experience. I was high-fiving TMs left and right in the train station and they also seemed rather excited to be seeing guests flowing through the queues. In my 1st trip right when the gates opened, the snack corner in Kings Cross wasn't opened yet, but on my second go around about an hour later it opened and like most others I was THRILLED to be able to buy a beer that I could actually take on the ride with me.

The capacity surprised me too, I was able to make a round trip later in the afternoon within an hour. I got in line at about 5:45-5:50pm when the line in Kings Cross was half an hour long, I arrived in Hogsmeade and got in the 20 minute line for the return trip and was back to Kings Cross by 6:40pm.

Between 6:40-7:30 when the hype/crowd for a potential DA soft was at its fullest, I noticed less people going into the HE line. It probably looked weird to tourists to see a crowd standing outside near a ride that was actually opened.

I thought the line seemed short considering Diagon wasn't open at all, leaving most people to just ride on the HE over and over. Once Diagon opens, I wonder if things will get even better. I'm thinking allowing only 2 park tickets to ride may be it's saving grace. Sure Universal will sell more 2 park passes, but I also think the folks that are adament about 1 park, and saving money will stick to their budget.

I guess we will see.

Last night was a surprise. Once the 8th comes around, I think you'll see bigger lines.

What is the themed bus marked Camp LKO parked next to KC mean? There is a base camp at Everest called Camp Lucknow and abbreviated to LKO. It is a themed rusty bag of bolts and and very run down.

--- UPDATE ---

Perhaps the bus is for HHN... it takes me a while.

Last edited:
I apologize in advance for the distortion. Had my 11-16mm lens. I was on the first or second train. Not a lot of time to absorb the details, might have been in a bit of shock.

A man enjoying his handiwork.

I really like this. It's a little (yet big) detail that I thought was awesome.

Yes, the Hedwig moves.

This is one beautiful platform.

Getting busier.

I made both trips this morning. It's a neat experience, but nothing special. A bit short, and that dementor scene was really short and kind of forced even. Overall, it's cool but I'm glad I got to ride before it got busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.