Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 50 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why. He is the one that had the ride vehicle plans that we assumed were provided by Universal to begin with. I assume no less of this new photograph. They are in bed together.
He's had exclusive interviews with various Universal Creative executives in the past. My guess would be that his info is generally higher management intentionally directed leaks. And his leaks are generally very accurate for the moment in time. He doesn't seem to let anyone out to dry.

I love how much of an enigma this entire land remains with the way its been designed. Would never have guessed that level of detail was completed inside the land yet.

Looking great, will certainly come alive once window displays and people are added to the mix.

I love how much of an enigma this entire land remains with the way its been designed. Would never have guessed that level of detail was completed inside the land yet.

Looking great, will certainly come alive once window displays and people are added to the mix.

Oh this is nothing lol

Thanks for the pics Enbee and AAO! :thumbs:

Interesting stuff on the podcast! So, I have another guess for this merch opportunity that is part of the queue. Now that we know it's not the currency exchange thing, and combining this bit about live actors and all that...

HTF, you say Yay or Nay, but I was thinking an in-queue souvenir photo-op. You'd get to take a professional picture in the queue, which you can then purchase after your ride in the gift shop? :shrug:

Far from full cycling due to major issues but the RV's are moving from one scene to the next

Major issues... Good to hear it is keeping everyone on their toes. Combine this with choo-choo issues and other delays here and there. I just hope that it doesn't result in too many more hatchet jobs as so often happens.

Hey guys i cant believe this but if you have not noticed there are pics from inside it looks like OrlandoInformer was right :dance:
anyway shout out to theme park insider for the pics :cheers:
here is the link anyway :drool:
http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201312/3807/

- - - Updated - - -

Hey a pic of inside gringotts thank theme park insider!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That pic has been around for a good long while. And the pic from inside DA was mentioned a page ago.

http://www.orlandounited.com/forums...-Diagon-Alley-Discussion-(Opens-2014)/page790

It was taken down then, it'll be taken down now.

Last edited:
No reason to take it down as it was approved for release by Univeral Creative and/or marketing depts. I would think the group here would be over the backstage photos rule by now. There is little that they can do about such "news" and investigative "reporting". God forbid someone here should turn their focus to someones extra marital relationship. :sneaky:

Between the London facade and Duff Gardens, Universal has gotten really good at making fake brick siding look very real! It's amazing to look at the level of detail in them.

Far from full cycling due to major issues but the RV's are moving from one scene to the next

I could say I'm sad to hear this, but come on. I'm more than happy it's doing any kind of cycling. I'm with Teebin, hopefully this just keeps them fueled to chug on through.

No, "chug" was not any kind of train pun.

Nothing to be sad about, this ride system is ridiculous. It's gonna take a few months to get this thing rocking and rolling.

Got thinking overnight... I wonder if the mega Kuka arms that have been referred to recently might be used to move an actual track piece. Better yet move the track piece with the ride vehicle and passengers on board. Cannot quite come up with how that would be cool, but hey.

Got thinking overnight... I wonder if the mega Kuka arms that have been referred to recently might be used to move an actual track piece. Better yet move the track piece with the ride vehicle and passengers on board. Cannot quite come up with how that would be cool, but hey.

See, the thought crossed my mind, but that would have to be one STRONG arm. Not that it couldn't be done, but it sounds like with the way these vehicles are able to articulate, they are going to weigh a buttload. Nothing like that has ever been done, though, and fits the bill for "mindblowing." Could you imagine the people's faces when their vehicle stops, but then the track starts taking them? Maybe this is incorporated into the see-saw element?

Edit: WAIT. Now this is a long shot, but picture if you will: Your vehicle stops mid track to face several openings in a wall ahead. A KUKA arm supporting the track below swings it off course and tilts the track up. Instead of going downhill like it's been speculated on this see-saw, one of these LIM launches shoots you up onto an incline and into a higher opening. The idea seems impossible, but dayum that would be incredible.

Last edited:
Well there have been some rumblings around of what the Kukas are actually going to be used for, have there not... And it isn't track related. Or was that debunked?

Status
Not open for further replies.