Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 51 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
New photo from inside Diagon Alley over at the site with insiders of theme parks...

Some people have voiced concerns/opinions about the theming of the section depicted in this photo and where it may be. Now bear with me, but I think I figured out where in the land this is.

I was looking through bobwadd's aerial photos and I think I figured it out. It looks to me like the leaked photo has been flipped horizontally (perhaps to obfuscate it's location). As I said, bear with me.

If you flip the photo, it uncannily matched the section seen in these pictures:

WWoHPII-RS-018.jpg

On the left:
WWoHPII-RS-032.jpg

And for reference, at the very bottom of this image:
WWoHPII-RS-036.jpg

EDIT: Photo credit to bobwadd.

Last edited:
Reactions: Enbee
Ah, thanks for the clarification. Too bad. It is the only thing I could think of that would have been extra extraordinary. Otherwise, I worry about more puppets on sticks mounted on kukas that is FJ... just bigger puppets.
I can't really say more myself but the new use of the Kuka made even me smile.

Last edited:
Ah, thanks for the clarification. Too bad. It is the only thing I could think of that would have been extra extraordinary. Otherwise, I worry about more puppets on sticks mounted on kukas that is FJ... just bigger puppets.

Not to worry! You wont even be able to see the arm the way the function is being designed. The titan arm is going to be a big highlight in this attraction. :cheers:

The Kuka arms will be utilized in Scene 7, which will be a 360 Degree Dome screen. The massive arms will "complete" the dome by placing large sections of screen in the riders path. Before you "escape" and launch (LSM 2) into Scene 8 Dark ******* the Kuka arms will "blast" the screens out of the RV's path.

How's that...

...that, is going to set a new standard within this industry. The kuka tech is going to be much better utilized this way vs. having it attached to the ride path.

The Kuka arms will be utilized in Scene 7, which will be a 360 Degree Dome screen. The massive arms will "complete" the dome by placing large sections of screen in the riders path. Before you "escape" and launch (LSM 2) into Scene 8 Dark ******* the Kuka arms will "blast" the screens out of the RV's path.

How's that...

That sounds amazing!

I'm imagining that the images projected on the 360 dome will match the physical sets around the vehicle. So the scene could go a little something like this....
the vehicle glides to a stop within a physical set. A breeze blows through the cavern, causing the torches on the walls to flicker and go out. In the few seconds of darkness, the screens maneuver into place, sealing the riders within a dome. When the lights come back on, the riders believe that they are still looking at physical sets. Then the dragon or goblins or Voldemort or whatever the Big Bad is appears and all hell breaks loose.

This technology sounds insane! I'm getting so pumped :doggie: I've been reading these posts for a while now and finally had to make an account and join in on the discussion.. Nice to meet everyone!

Last edited:
I've been wanting to ask, does anyone know how spectacular the actual transition to Platform 9 3/4 will be? I want it to be amazing and it seemed it was going to be, but the podcast seemed to almost talk it down. Idk.. Maybe I read into that wrong but has anyone heard if we will actually be running through a wall? haha

I don't know if this guy has been mentioned here before, but Twitter user @UORBuzz just posted some pics showing that most of the scaffolding in front of Grimmauld Place has been taken down. I think it looks great!

P.S. This is my first post. I've been following this thread and the one before it for a while now and I have to say, all the insider info and pics people post is just amazing! I just wanted to say thank you.

Some people have voiced concerns/opinions about the theming of the section depicted in this photo and where it may be. Now bear with me, but I think I figured out where in the land this is.

I was looking through bobwadd's aerial photos and I think I figured it out. It looks to me like the leaked photo has been flipped horizontally (perhaps to obfuscate it's location). As I said, bear with me.

If you flip the photo, it uncannily matched the section seen in these pictures:

I think I have to agree with you. They have reversed the image for some reason, but it is this area. That makes it, I believe, the back of the Ollivander's shop building and facing the Goblin show area. That should make those all false storefronts, but I think with that picture, that was probably already clear.

Nice find!

This to me is a gamechanger in the business of attraction scenes and it raises a new bar on how something like a trackswitch can go.

PS. i believe this is the first post i'm making so I'm happy I'm on here now!

I was just going to post about the scaffolding as well... Thursday's announcement is the only reason I can think because the building is definitely not finished as far as paint goes... the Black's windows should be dingier and the roof isn't finished...water damage...mold..etc

Status
Not open for further replies.