Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing amazing work!!!

The bridge structure doesnt sit well with me. As for walking space it seems the main stretch to Gringotts will get tight but over near the facade up against the building seems to open up substantially.

White isn't drinkable water? And why would they be at such odd angles coming out of the sand? In construction, is it ok to let them bend this way in that until completion?

Some municipalities will run sch40 pvc for their services. Not sure what Orlando specs are but it's possible. But like Bob said, that's a really large diameter pipe to be used to run water to for services.

The white pipe could be water, drainage, heck even gravity sewer really.

Last edited:
White isn't drinkable water? And why would they be at such odd angles coming out of the sand? In construction, is it ok to let them bend this way in that until completion?

Yes, white can also be potable water and blue can be compressed air.

They are coming out of the ground at odd angle because all the line pictures are of a flexible nature.

- - - Updated - - -

Some municipalities will run sch40 pvc for their services. Not sure what Orlando specs are but it's possible.

The white pipe could be water, drainage, heck even gravity sewer really.

I've personally never come across a municipality the allows sch40 for service.

The white could be storm or DWV but have you noticed all the SDR everywhere?

Last edited:
I'm trying to figure out where the queue for Gringotts. It doesn't look like there is enough room for the giant lines that are sure to form.

That's because all the lines will be inside the building, after the entrance point. Trust me, there is a lot of space for queues. A lot.

Yes, white can also be potable water and blue can be compressed air.

They are coming out of the ground at odd angle because all the line pictures are of a flexible nature,

- - - Updated - - -

I've personally never come across a municipality the allows sch40 for service.

The white could be storm or DWV but have you noticed all the SDR everywhere?

We have some down here that will run pvc off the main up to the meter. That's really as far as the guys we supply go lol. We actually have more municipalities require poly tubing so s40 is the rarity

We have some down here that will run pvc off the main up to the meter. That's really as far as the guys we supply go lol. We actually have more municipalities require poly tubing so s40 is the rarity

Yeah, up north (different ground condition) mains were usually ductile and we almost always did live taps using compression fittings and thick wall (can't remember the grade) tubing for the service.

A few municipalities required spin-weld fittings on the customer end of the service.

Last edited:
^ Ok, thanks both of you!. So I believe we agree that something is going there, but it is confusing as hell as to what it could be. Correct?

So, four to five 6" pipes. Hmmm... I can see where they wouldn't be incoming water short of a hydrant. So...

I love this minutia. More to come.

^ Beat me to it, I was busy looking for the original shot.

I would tend to agree that the blue line is for potable water. although, that would be a large volume of water,

Not yet convinced that the white are drainage.

WWoHPII-RS-056.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Haven't you figured out that nobody stocks anything anymore. :fist:

Is the format AVCHD?
Here is the camera with specs. I have just about given up. I even drug the old computer out of the closet that I have used with the camera several times before and it won't see it. But it went into the closet for a reason. I am willing to drive it out to you to see what you can do with it.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...000U_HVR_HD1000U_Digital_High_Definition.html

I have HDMI, USB, AND mini FireWire>standard FireWire cables. I just don't have a lot of computer firepower.

Last edited:
Reactions: Felipe
Thanks Bob, Dave and our buddy for the incredible effort and outstanding achievement! :rep: Excellent pics and video, and I'm patiently looking forward to the other video. We know good things come to those who wait :thumbs:

I love seeing all this progress and it makes me increasingly excited for Diagon Alley!!

Ok, so many thoughts seeing these pics...

First, even though some areas look tight, let's keep in mind that once the scaffolding comes down there'll be a bit more walking space.

Second, that elevated walkway structure thing is so baffling. Even though it's not the most aesthetically pleasing thing, it should provide some shade, and I guess it would slightly alleviate traffic if the TMs use that.

Now, on the topic of those pipes, notice there's another blue pipe further up these pics (more to the right side of the Gringotts facade, if looking at it head on). Since that is a bigger open area, I think some water fountains / features would work well there.

WWoHPII-RS-044.jpg

WWoHPII-RS-043.jpg

And since we're on that side... Let's point out what definitely looks like the stage for Diagon Alley's show:

WWoHPII-RS-045.jpg

WWoHPII-RS-019.jpg

Is the big area where the one crane is currently situated next to the Hogwarts express station going to be accessible to guests, or backstage access only? I figured it was in the past but it seems rather bland at this stage if they are making anything of it.

This specifically is what I mean...

WWoHPII-RS-004.jpg

I think that will be backstage, with this marking the end of the guest area:

WWoHPII-RS-042.jpg

Once again a HUGE thanks to Bob, Dave and our mate! :cheers: More thoughts tomorrow... Goodnight!

Last edited:
Wow what a monday morning surprise, haven't been able to access the site until now and just wow! Thanks so much guys for all the great photos! :thumbs:

Thanks Bob, Dave and our buddy for the incredible effort and outstanding achievement! :rep: Excellent pics and video, and I'm patiently looking forward to the other video. We know good things come to those who wait :thumbs:

I love seeing all this progress and it makes me increasingly excited for Diagon Alley!!

Ok, so many thoughts seeing these pics...

First, even though some areas look tight, let's keep in mind that once the scaffolding comes down there'll be a bit more walking space.

Second, that elevated walkway structure thing is so baffling. Even though it's not the most aesthetically pleasing thing, it should provide some shade, and I guess it would slightly alleviate traffic if the TMs use that.

Now, on the topic of those pipes, notice there's another blue pipe further up these pics (more to the right side of the Gringotts facade, if looking at it head on). Since that is a bigger open area, I think some water fountains / features would work well there.

WWoHPII-RS-044.jpg

WWoHPII-RS-043.jpg

And since we're on that side... Let's point out what definitely looks like the stage for Diagon Alley's show:

WWoHPII-RS-045.jpg

WWoHPII-RS-019.jpg

I think that will be backstage, with this marking the end of the guest area:

WWoHPII-RS-042.jpg

Once again a HUGE thanks to Bob, Dave and our mate! :cheers: More thoughts tomorrow... Goodnight!

in that last photo, I've been thinking all this time that was the entrance to Knockturn Alley all this time :( It seems like an awful lot of space to go unused for guests. I was hoping for an good sized Knockturn to queue up in for Borgins. with lots of dark wizard themeing.

Thank you so much guys for all your efforts in getting some great shots. Is it safe now to say that Knockturn Alley will all be in doors? Because it is, I will pee myself with excitement. Seeing what Horror Nights does with facades in soundstages is amazing, I could only imagine how amazing this would be.

I got the impression that the 'bridge' is purely temporary for construction purposes. Specifically for transporting materials for one side of the site to another is what it looks like.

Great shots guys. What a great way to start the week off. This is the reason OU is the best site for Universal related information on the net!

Status
Not open for further replies.