Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 68 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could only see them making this effect look good with an indoor transition room similar to Belle's cottage in Fantasyland. That's a tremendous effect and could work wonders for this, but I haven't heard any hints of that happening.
[video=youtube;x8HeWvY5Qw0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8HeWvY5Qw0[/video]

tumblr_myl3dd8OEH1t0giw6o1_1280.jpg
tumblr_myl3arf3df1t0giw6o1_1280.jpg
tumblr_myl38sSQSW1t0giw6o1_1280.jpg
tumblr_myl0d2DMY51ste3u9o1_1280.jpg

source: http://sammax88.tumblr.com/

It's strange that Universal released those two teaser trailers two days in a row, and then none since. I wonder if they originally planned to spread them out more but released the second one right away when they saw a lot of people leaving negative comments on how vague the first one was.

I even saw someone on facebook (someone who apparently doesn't recognize the HP theme music) comment on the first teaser that it might be a Thor ride.

Wow. That last one is going to get someone in trouble. It looks like it's taken from the catwalks.

That last one was released by Universal today on facebook and twitter.

Quote from facebook post:
We're still performing all the necessary charms, but next year, Muggles will have the chance to ride the iconic Hogwarts Express between Hogsmeade and London. Are you ready? #WizardingWorld #DiagonAlley

Did we ever figure out the cool thing that you can buy in line and pick up at the end? I'm hoping its an "animated" wanted poster...

Question for HTF: just how narrow is Diagon Alley? How many people can stand shoulder to shoulder inside it? From above that place looks extremely narrow and I feel return tickets will be used there for a very long time.

Question for HTF: just how narrow is Diagon Alley? How many people can stand shoulder to shoulder inside it? From above that place looks extremely narrow and I feel return tickets will be used there for a very long time.

Here, I posted this DECADES ago or at least 18 months. Measure the largest room in your house and compare it to these numbers.

measurement.png

Wait, so the lockers are going to be part of the storyline on Gringotts where you put your valuables (lose items) in a safe (locker)? Good idea. :thumbs:

Wait, so the lockers are going to be part of the storyline on Gringotts where you put your valuables (lose items) in a safe (locker)? Good idea. :thumbs:

No, I believe it was mentioned some time ago that the lockers were going to be in a separate area from the ride and queue similar to how they are for The Mummy attraction.

Here, I posted this DECADES ago or at least 18 months. Measure the largest room in your house and compare it to these numbers.
Thanks Teebin, I missed these while reading the first thread.

That is a really narrow space for a expansion that will pull as many people as this one will, don't you think?

Has anyone checked the aerials for cooking exhaust fans for Leaky? I forgot to check and am too lazy to go searching for said pictures tonight.

this is why I think Teebin is awesome. I've spent hours staring at the aerials and never even thought of looking for things like that. I never even made it past the facades to glance at the roofs.

I checked out the great pictures on Orlando attraction's website and still was wondering why they themed a few sloping walls opposite the quarter circle arches detail that is apposite the dragon that's going to be opposite it and then it struck me (look at the top of the photo). I guess guests will be able to wander over the long bridge. They will be able to see that wall and be eye to eye (from a distance) with the dragon.
What do you guys think? Why would Universal install 2 nicely curved walls on the middle of a roof that no one on street level can be seen?
Wizarding-World-Diagon-Alley-expansion-aerial-photo-17-506x500.jpg

I checked out the great pictures on Orlando attraction's website and still was wondering why they themed a few sloping walls opposite the quarter circle arches detail that is apposite the dragon that's going to be opposite it and then it struck me (look at the top of the photo). I guess guests will be able to wander over the long bridge. They will be able to see that wall and be eye to eye (from a distance) with the dragon.
What do you guys think? Why would Universal install 2 nicely curved walls on the middle of a roof that no one on street level can be seen?

The long bridge is for entertainment purposes related to Ollivanders and shows, FYI. Not for guest purposes.

The slope is to create a vantage point and forced perspective similar to HPFJ, but with the intent on everything seeming narrower and taller. Also, consider sight lines from other areas.

The long bridge is for entertainment purposes related to Ollivanders and shows, FYI. Not for guest purposes.

The slope is to create a vantage point and forced perspective similar to HPFJ, but with the intent on everything seeming narrower and taller. Also, consider sight lines from other areas.

I have always been worried that Rockit or Simpsons building would be seen from inside DA...

I think there's still the possibility (at least I haven't seen it shot down) that some of the places will have a guest-accessible second floor, like WWW and maybe even the Leaky Cauldron, plus HTF did say that there will be stairs inside Flourish and Blotts. If that is the case, they would want the view out of any windows to be complete.

Just by my own logic, it seems with how tall these buildings are, why wouldn't they include more than one floor?

Status
Not open for further replies.