Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 69 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing making me sceptical about second floors is that there doesn't seem to be any provision of emergency exit stairs at the back, to judge from the chopper pictures. I think the rear of the Flourish & Blotts / Olivanders building is a guest-accessible area anyway? Unless the emergency stairs are inside and there's an inconspicuous door at ground level, which could be possible.

The only thing making me sceptical about second floors is that there doesn't seem to be any provision of emergency exit stairs at the back, to judge from the chopper pictures. I think the rear of the Flourish & Blotts / Olivanders building is a guest-accessible area anyway? Unless the emergency stairs are inside and there's an inconspicuous door at ground level, which could be possible.

That is a good observation, but as you said, they could be inside. The FJ queue and attraction are all interior to the ground floor exit doors.

I think there's still the possibility (at least I haven't seen it shot down) that some of the places will have a guest-accessible second floor, like WWW and maybe even the Leaky Cauldron, plus HTF did say that there will be stairs inside Flourish and Blotts. If that is the case, they would want the view out of any windows to be complete.

Just by my own logic, it seems with how tall these buildings are, why wouldn't they include more than one floor?

Not sure about how it would work in FL, but being familiar with the laws here in CA, they could also run into potential ADA compliance issues with a guest accessible second floor unless they had an elevator or some other means to get guests with disabilities up to the second level. I'm pretty sure there were ADA issues involved with Hagrid's Hut in Hogsmeade becoming only a facade seen from outside as I believe the original intention was to make it a walk through.

I "spied" with my two fully functional eyes... a RV being installed today at Gringotts. At first, I almost though I was looking at the MIB Ride Vehicle from the way it was laid out and looked.

Good things are coming... good things are coming...

I wonder how many cars are left to be loaded. HTF said that the ride may run with 7 trains at the most, so that may mean 8 total.

There's stairs in the Hogs Head Pub and even in Honeydukes. They are there just for authenticity / theming. Now, this doesn’t mean there won't be second floors in DA, but I would be willing to bet that if there are second floors anywhere, they will not be guest accessible (TM areas or storage).

Grotefoto-IKRO3GK4.jpg

To be clear:
I mean these walls that can't be seen from anywhere. I suspect the railings are constructed further on all the roofs. What's the purpose? The only reason those walls will be seen is if you are on top of the building itself but it's small and I don't see a door OR it's visible from a high enough location.

I believe the dragon is to the courtyard as stairs are to castle walkthrough...

You'ze guys have totally lost me.

That makes literally no sense. If anything, dragon is to castle walkthrough as stairs are to courtyard? That would be my guess at this point anyway. But who knows!

Grotefoto-IKRO3GK4.jpg

To be clear:
I mean these walls that can't be seen from anywhere. I suspect the railings are constructed further on all the roofs. What's the purpose? The only reason those walls will be seen is if you are on top of the building itself but it's small and I don't see a door OR it's visible from a high enough location.

It must just be a case of a weird sightline from somewhere else on the ground, perhaps coming out of a shop door or standing in a corner somewhere. It'll probably be something 95% never see, but for the 5% who walk into a certain place it would look wrong if it wasn't there. There won't be any access to anywhere high up such as the little person you've put on the bridge there.

That makes literally no sense. If anything, dragon is to castle walkthrough as stairs are to courtyard? That would be my guess at this point anyway. But who knows!

Just being silly...there always seems to be some aspect we debate on in these Potter projects...honestly it is what makes it fun.

Thanks @UORBuzz for the frequent pics and thanks OrlandoParks for posting the update! :thumbs:

The roof for Grimmauld Place looks finished now :cheers: They just need to put the balconies and that exterior will be pretty much done!

I like how the brickwork just seems to go well with San Francisco. It makes it feel like a continuation of the area.

Indeed! Also, I never thought about it this way, but I guess I better understand the choices for the buildings now... The Leicester Square Station is a bold red, while the buildings around it are in a pretty muted palette. Makes sense to draw attention to the entrance to DA. Never noticed that before :p

Indeed! Also, I never thought about it this way, but I guess I better understand the choices for the buildings now... The Leicester Square Station is a bold red, while the buildings around it are in a pretty muted palette. Makes sense to draw attention to the entrance to DA. Never noticed that before :p

And the land is book ended by similar coloured bricks. Grimmauld and Kings Cross are fairly close in colour.

Status
Not open for further replies.