Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1380312_10151739903587852_1561239493_n.jpg

Reactions: natespf
From the Universal facebook:

The Hogwarts Express has arrived at Universal! The iconic locomotive and train tender was placed on the tracks between the two theme parks today.

Just like in the books and films – guests will be able to board the Hogwarts Express and travel between The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade, which is open at Islands of Adventure, and ‘London’ when The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley opens at Universal Studios Florida next year.

1378284_10151739903647852_166919342_n.jpg

1380312_10151739903587852_1561239493_n.jpg

944625_10151739903592852_215671378_n.jpg

It looks absolutely perfect.
Anyone else pleasantly surprised that Universal actually released photos of this being set up? I'm so used to them being a closed book.

Is this usual for them to release pictures like this so far off completion?

I'm just wondering if they're doing this to make "leaks" less impactful or if this was done clearly in front of guests so they had No choice.

Is this usual for them to release pictures like this so far off completion?

I'm just wondering if they're doing this to make "leaks" less impactful or if this was done clearly in front of guests so they had No choice.

I would put money on it that is why they did that. But its good they actually used their brain and started using social media to their advantage

There is probably a convergence of factors. One they kinda sorta announced it, so it isn't a great secret even though most still were not aware of it. It is also like Ash said in a visible area. I hope it is a sign that Universal won't be so secretive/hostile with their fanbase.

Disney World announces new holiday Jungle Cruise script...

...Universal posts picture of Hogwarts Express.

That's my best guess. If I remember correctly Universal likes to announce things following lackluster Disney World announcements.

I would guess more than anything it's because testing will be visible to guests once the trains are in place, so why not try to make the most of the publicity opportunity? And a chance to one up Disney is really hard to pass up... :ears:

Forgive my lack of technical knowledge but will the HE need a pull-through like a Coaster does before it starts testing?

Or does this ride system not operate like that?

Do we think they will start the cycling with one train on the track or are we going to see the second added shortly?

I know I am getting a bit a head with myself here as the carriages are still to be added. Just can't help but get excited.

They're not letting anyone in the Evil Dead queue yet but AWIL provided a real nice view! Looks great in person!!

Someone behind me in line said: "look they're building the new train, I think it's broke".:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.