Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 82 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the "story" of the ride will be linked to Vault 722 , the vault website receive (like me ^^) the key so may be the ride will be about guest ride to their vault, Harry and particulary hagrid always say that Gringott's ride isn't pleasant

I am ecstatic about this expansion! My issue is, I am going to Disney and Universal in either November or December. ...for those of you that went to IA within 6 months of the original WW opening, what are the chances I actually get on this ride?

Teebs, they tweeted another picture earlier, and they look pretty good close up. They've got the distinction between the matt finish on the top section and the gloss tiles on the slightly lower section down pretty well by the looks of things.

Thanks for all the info HTF! Seems like it might soon be time to shut my eyes and avoid spoilers... This takes me back! It's all happening again.

Edit: Credit to OI. Weird as someone pointed out that the scaffolding is coming down before it's finished. If it's something to do with the Celebration of HP I don't know why they'd want to show something unfinished anyway.

BdpJecBIYAAsgG5.jpg:large

BdpR5t5IIAA5F7g.jpg:large

Last edited:
HTF, since you have more insight into this project than anyone else I know, I had a couple questions for you... Do you expect 'The Gringotts ride' to exceed expectations? and in conjunction with that question, do you expect this to be not only Universals best ride, but possibly the best ride in the country/world? Thanks

I am ecstatic about this expansion! My issue is, I am going to Disney and Universal in either November or December. ...for those of you that went to IA within 6 months of the original WW opening, what are the chances I actually get on this ride?

We bought annual passes in July, right after the Wizarding World opened. The first time we went to ride it was on a weekday around 6p, waited about an hour for the ride.

Went back a month later to ride again, weekday around 8p and only had to wait about the time it took to walk through the queue. We also took our time walking through the queue, stopping to admire the details and letting people run by us.

Showing up 6 months after the opening should be fine, especially on a weekday.

Last edited:
Weird as someone pointed out that the scaffolding is coming down before it's finished. If it's something to do with the Celebration of HP I don't know why they'd want to show something unfinished anyway.

Answer: A. A deadline is a great way to get something completed REALLY fast. B. They will film around any unfinished areas if there are any remaining.

In the next 13 days, they can complete the rest from lifts. We've seen it before.

As a passholder I am still pretty confused about this Potter event on the 23rd. Will it cost us extra? Do we need reservations? And I don't see why the scaffolding would need to be down for that since it will probably take place around Hogsmead? Or will the scaffolding come down the the announcement?

"Harry Potter and the Horcrux Quest" "Harry Potter and the Hufflepuff Cup" "Harry Potter and the Gringott's Escape" ???????? i tried lol

As a passholder I am still pretty confused about this Potter event on the 23rd. Will it cost us extra? Do we need reservations? And I don't see why the scaffolding would need to be down for that since it will probably take place around Hogsmead? Or will the scaffolding come down the the announcement?

The conjecture is that perhaps multiple things are going on at the same time. NBC Live might be a hint or it might not be. HTF may know of special TM assignments or reserved rooms etc.

I have seen stuff like this before... Phase one, I knew something was going to happen on a certain day and I suggested multiple members from here show up near the walls... I made assumptions that were totally incorrect and instead, all of the bigwigs of WB and Universal showed up and something much more grand occurred. What I knew was going to happen did happen, just nowhere near the WW.

So, keep your minds open and your eyes peeled.

So among the many things I have, I've realized a few things. Some good, and some well bad. What's irritating is I didn't even realize it until about 10 mins ago. Then checked and rechecked, then checked again to make sure I'm not imagining things.

Edit # 1: Florish and Botts is NOT going to be an actual store but rather a faux store front with interactive windows. Just past the faux front is tons of electrical and storage.

More to come!

Not gonna lie, I'm a little disappoint about Flourish and Blotts, but hey, I'm sure the windows will be pretty cool. ^_^ Also, what's the event on the 23rd? I know there's a webcast going on and the Harry Potter celebration the 24th-26th, but there's an event on the 23rd as well?

(sidenote thank you MagicRobot for complimenting my screen name ^_^)

Not gonna lie, I'm a little disappoint about Flourish and Blotts, but hey, I'm sure the windows will be pretty cool. ^_^ Also, what's the event on the 23rd? I know there's a webcast going on and the Harry Potter celebration the 24th-26th, but there's an event on the 23rd as well?

(sidenote thank you MagicRobot for complimenting my screen name ^_^)

It's a web announcement about the expansion, revealing more official details on what's to come, with a potential opening date!

Status
Not open for further replies.