Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 267 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, the stanchion holes are very much in evidence in the USA video of the Gringotts great hall. I wonder if they just drilled them in the past week...
Anyway... doesn't appear magnets will be the solution.

Yeah, I saw those too. That hall is going to be full of switchbacks...

I hate to beat a dead horse here, but does anyone have high res photos of what the Zonkos facade windows looks like now? I heard the moving chess pieces might have been removed...

Nope, still there, just repositioned:
IMG_9897.JPG

BTW, the stanchion holes are very much in evidence in the USA video of the Gringotts great hall. I wonder if they just drilled them in the past week...
Anyway... doesn't appear magnets will be the solution.

Hopefully on slow days (a ways down the road, I know) they will remove the switchbacks. I can only imagine how ominous it would feel to walk into that hall alone or with a small group with the whole space wide open. Just you and the goblins.:stunned:

Hopefully on slow days (a ways down the road, I know) they will remove the switchbacks. I can only imagine how ominous it would feel to walk into that hall alone or with a small group with the whole space wide open. Just you and the goblins.:stunned:

While I agree that it would be cool... I don't think they will ever let down the rails that keep people 4' away from the goblin desks. It will be well guarded by real people too.

Last edited:
While I agree that it would be cool... I don't think they will ever let down the rails that keep people 4' away from the goblin desks. It will be well guarded by real people too.

Ah, good point.

Also, in the USA Today article, Gilmore says that everyone will do their run at the Platform 9 3/4 brick wall ONE AT A TIME! That's insane! But when you think about it, it will make the wait for the train a lot more bearable if you get to spend the time watching everyone run while waiting for your turn.

Ah, good point.

Also, in the USA Today article, Gilmore says that everyone will do their run at the Platform 9 3/4 brick wall ONE AT A TIME! That's insane! But when you think about it, it will make the wait for the train a lot more bearable if you get to spend the time watching everyone run while waiting for your turn.

Wild. I hope it isn't an overstatement. Keep a big north eye on overstatements right now... I remember Woodburys from 2010 and he was full of **IT, and he (and others) have started in once again with epic superlatives and overstatements. While I realize it is their job to hype, I would be much happier with, "We believe we have created something that is full of surprises and maybe even a few firsts".

Wow! That video and all the recent photo updates (thank you to all who have contributed!!) makes me want to cry... Cry with joy over how amazing it all looks, and cry because I won't get to see it in person until perhaps 2016 :'(

oops, the mugglenet link was posted on twitter by https://twitter.com/CaptMichael87 whoever he is.

Daniel Radcliffe says that he has had no involvement with this project:

http://www.mugglenet.com/2014/05/da...-had-no-involvement-in-escape-from-gringotts/

I wonder if there was a clause in his WB contracts that stipulated that his image could be digitally recreated for any WB project in the future. It's going to become more common for big stars to forced into this in case they die half way through filming.

Last edited:
oops, the mugglenet link was posted on twitter by https://twitter.com/CaptMichael87 whoever he is.

http://www.mugglenet.com/2014/05/da...-had-no-involvement-in-escape-from-gringotts/

I wonder if there was a clause in his WB contracts that stipulated that his image could be digitally recreated for any WB project in the future. It's going to become more common for big stars to forced into this in case they die half way through filming.

I believe CaptMichael87 is ReelJustice on here. One of the Parkscope guys.

I've just figured out what has been making Diagon look slightly odd to me. The buildings are excellent, but I couldn't work out why it still looked a bit different to the films. Turns out it's the lack of street furniture and clutter. I understand it's pretty much impossible from a H&S point of view, but that is the one feature which gives Diagon it's character I think. In the reveal scene in Philosopher's Stone, the street is covered in stalls, carts, crates and cages; hopefully a couple of street sellers or Magic Neep-style stalls will turn up in due course.

I wouldn't rule this out; that kind of stuff wouldn't be installed yet. I don't think it will have items all over, but I bet we're going to see a lot of what you're looking for. POE would be a good example. Props can be installed last minute.

THERE'S A WEST HAM FAN WALKING AROUND UOR? Clearly we know the audience of UOR. ;)

[pedantic]
Sorry to burst your bubble but that is a Heart of Midlothian Football Club (or Hearts for short) shirt.
[/pedantic]

I'm not a Harry Potter fan by any stretch of the imagination so the Diagon Alley section doesn't interest me a great deal, but I'm a big fan of the London façade, even if the Kings Cross section has suffered slightly from themepark poetic license. Surely there are more subtle ways they could have explained what it was representing?

Last edited:
Reactions: Parkscope Joe
[pedantic]
Sorry to burst your bubble but that is a Heart of Midlothian Football Club (or Hearts for short) shirt.
[/pedantic]

Damnit, it looked like West Ham. You're not pedantic, I still have to expand my football team knowledge beyond the Premier League and the top teams in Champs. :rofl:

This Jim Hill article contains a zoomed-in look at the dragon footage from the ride. Clearly it has the trio riding the dragon, and it looks very computer generated. I'm guessing we get clips from the last movie, plus CG, and if we're lucky maybe some all-new audio that he recorded. Thankfully at least some of the actors came back to film, but not Dan.

Photo link: http://jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_chief1/b/jim_hill/archive/2014/05/13/huffington-post-harry-potter-cast-members-reunite-to-shoot-new-scenes-for-universal-orlando-s-quot-escape-from-gringotts-quot-thrill-ride.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies.