Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 297 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was just pointed out to me that there is what appears to be a rail traffic light mounted to the train bridge over Diagon toward the Carkitt end. There must be a ton of sound effects in store to support the illusion from above.

Last edited:
Wardrobe has been approved for awhile now, or it wouldn't be currently in use. Plus I don't believe gringotts is ready for ppl to ride. Plus I know she has money, but why would she waste her time and be on site when things are not ready to be properly shown to her?

I'm sure reps from WB are there keeping close eye on things for her.

It has only been in use for that one video of the girl holding the ice cream. Other than that it has not been used.

It was just pointed out to me that there is what appears to be a rail traffic light mounted to the train bridge over Diagon toward the Carkitt end. There must be a ton of sound effects in store to support the illusion from above.

I wonder if they have a series of speakers arranged along the bridge to achieve the effect of the train 'passing'.

The extended queue is an extended queue, people.

Being that, light brickwork or rocks won't help the illusion of you not being behind the bank in an open lot full of switchbacks.

AND it looks good, too. Mostly everyone on here has not seen this up close and personal. It's pretty different at ground level.

AND, the first part of the outdoor queue is covered and themed (you can see it in the zoomed in pic of the queue). So shush

That area is going to be one of the better corners of Diagon Alley. They'll have wonderful acoustics with all those high walls. Sure do hope it's LOUD.

Here are some of my observations from the pixelsattheparks.com aerials:

Is this the start of an extended queue for Kings Cross?
kings_queue.jpg

A lot of seating around the fountain!
benches.jpg

Notice the drink (butterbeer?) stand near the front of Gringotts.
drink_stand.jpg

Unlikely, but could this be moved on top of the Gringotts extended queue?
queue_cover.jpg

This must be where the drink stand is that was seen in concept art
spike2.jpg

Hagrid's motorcycle?
motorcycle.jpg

Leicester is fenced-off
leicester.jpg

It's sorta hard to see but in PixelsAtTheParks Photo it appears that there are more switchbacks in the alley leading to Carkit Market....Didn't know it would spill out into the streets...It seems that it will cause people to enter and exit Carkit Markit through that one opening near Weasley Wizard Wheezes

re_zps9831896d.png
[/URL][/IMG]

It's sorta hard to see but in PixelsAtTheParks Photo it appears that there are more switchbacks in the alley leading to Carkit Market....Didn't know it would spill out into the streets...It seems that it will cause people to enter and exit Carkit Markit through that one opening near Weasley Wizard Wheezes

re_zps9831896d.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Think this is for Olivanders, not Gringotts.

From this image you can see that the poles only extend a little way across the Carkit entrance. I agree it has something to do with Ollivander's, or maybe a different shop.

http://www.pixelsattheparks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/DiagonAlley-035.jpg

transformers.png

meninblack.png

You are correct about spider man. The rest of the queues are covered. If they do not cover it up they would be smart to sell sun screen in the line :stunned:

I'm sorry to everyone to drag it back here, I just need to address this.

The Transformers EXTENDED queue is in the street.
Transformers_zpsc773c4d1.png

The MIB EXTENDED queue is to the left of your nicely cropped picture:
MIB_zps14126748.png

I am correct on Spider-man as you mentioned. And for Hulk, you do know those shades that are up are fairly new. In fact before that they were just metal planters with no or dead plants in them, and when they were planters the sun came right through.

All of these queues are little used today, but were filled every day when the attractions opened. Just like the now gone Cat in the Hat extended queue, River Adventure extended queue, and FJ extended extended queue (the one where you went back under the air conditioners).

Moving on..

It has only been in use for that one video of the girl holding the ice cream. Other than that it has not been used.
The wardrobes were approved long ago before a ton of money was spent to produce all that they need to support the land.

Somehow, I don't think a topic-dedicated forum is the best place to start the "who cares less" olympics. Not when we spend every day of the year discussing (or, okay, reading discussions) our favorite place this side of Narnia. You don't have to like or love or hate the queue, but it's a discussion to be had and apathy is not a good look on anyone.

My two cents: as long as I get to ride Escape from Gringotts, I'll deal with a few switchbacks. That doesn't mean that others aren't entitled to hold Universal to Universal's standards.

agree well said

I'm curious, why do we worry about an outdoor queue that's in the back of the ride at this point? Aren't we more excited for the all the amazing stuff we are going to experience than a backdoor queue anyways? Everyone is titled to their own opinion of course, but doesn't being so negative about the "Maybe" one flaw of Diagon Alley kind of ruin it for you? I just don't get why we pick the one negative thing out of the million positive things to focus on/talk about. Not trying to be rude or criticize anybody, but I have a hard time trying to understand the thinking behind that. Anyways, I also believe this is not the final look of the queue. And I know certain criticism are healthy at times, but lets try to remember what we are going to be able to experience! This expansion is going to BLOW OUR MINDS.

Last edited:
Reactions: UNIrd and richjagr
Status
Not open for further replies.