Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 362 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not breaking, but just want to reinforce, that the interactive wands are indeed a go and will be present opening day.

I wonder how much those will be. I was chatting with a Universal phone rep who was guessing $100-150, and I remarked while I myself would go ahead and pay it (once), that once you get above that $99 price point, a lot of tourists would say no. He said it might be a status symbol type of purchase. But unless it really has a lot of functionality, I'm going to guess more in the $69-99 range. I think one of the current ones that I have was about $40.

Not breaking, but just want to reinforce, that the interactive wands are indeed a go and will be present opening day.
Well, I can kiss $50 goodbye

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder how much those will be. I was chatting with a Universal phone rep who was guessing $100-150, and I remarked while I myself would go ahead and pay it (once), that once you get above that $99 price point, a lot of tourists would say no. He said it might be a status symbol type of purchase. But unless it really has a lot of functionality, I'm going to guess more in the $69-99 range. I think one of the current ones that I have was about $40.
I heard $45.... Any one have any info?

The dragon really does look fantastic with both wings on. The skin texture on that massive raised wing is hyper-realistic!

The dragon really does look fantastic with both wings on. The skin texture on that massive raised wing is hyper-realistic!

It really does! The skin texture looks so real, the wings almost come across as translucent. Very impressive. Looks like a living, breathing dragon.

Does it matter?
Every design decision does, yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Check out the first article on http://www.disneyandmore.blogspot.co.uk.... The hog warts express window/screens look disappointing ! (Contains spoilers)
If you're referring to the video of the Weasley actors riding the train, I wouldn't judge it by that. There is film crew lighting inside the cabin to wash everything out and the clip is insanely short. You can't get the full effect of a special effect meant to be seen in person when you put lighting and a camera on it.

Check out the first article on http://www.disneyandmore.blogspot.co.uk.... The hog warts express window/screens look disappointing ! (Contains spoilers)

The effect is not in full show lighting, bad angle, and is being filmed. I'd wait to see it in person before making that kind of judgement.

As for Gringotts, the ride being available for VIP is VERY different than the ride being available for guests 12 hours a day. See SDMT.

As for Gringotts, the ride being available for VIP is VERY different than the ride being available for guests 12 hours a day. See SDMT.

I'd just breathe a huge sigh of relief if they get to ride it. If ANYONE is riding it, that would mean it's ready and any setbacks for soft opening are not ride related.

So will the bricks have any special effects?

I personally think at this point that it is silly to say it won't have some sort of effect. Universal Creative has said for a very long time that there is some sort of effect there. People are saying a definitive "no" based on a couple of photos/videos of the entrance in materials that weren't meant to reveal anything and to the contrary purposefully hid much of the "magic" of Diagon, leaving it for us to experience ourselves when we get there. No one has definitively seen the dragon breathe fire yet either. Doesn't mean it won't.

I'd just breathe a huge sigh of relief if they get to ride it. If ANYONE is riding it, that would mean it's ready and any setbacks for soft opening are not ride related.

People (non UC and WB) just got to ride it sometime in the past 4-10 days, first time ever. That is to say, ride it like a theme park ride. It was still being tested and refined up until that time.

Sound effects are better than no effects.

Also, Gringotts being available for previews could still mean it is show ready but on limited capacity. Not a guarantee that it's 100% good to go (although at this point it may well be).

Status
Not open for further replies.