Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 3 | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 3

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So I've spent the last two days at Diagon Alley. Everything is incredible. This is at least twice as cool as Hogsmede. Gringotts was amazing as well. The queue and the ride are both incredible. The ride may not be intense, but it is extremely neat. In my opinion, the FJ is more fun than because it is more intense, but Gringotts is overall a much more immersive experience than FJ. In Gringotts there is no seeing the technology behind the ride or anything like that. Everywhere you look is themed as Gringotts.

I'm wondering what all they use that bride for. Every 10 minutes or so you can hear what sounds like a cart moving across it. Also, if you look up from the interactive wand water fountain, you can see a stoplight that is obviously a part of the bridge.

So due to some timing problems I will not be going at all this week. Depending on what happens I may go next week. After that the next time I'll probably go will be sometime in the fall, unless I get a car and have the time to go... Anyways, I'm very excited regardless of when I get to go...

I'm not sure where else to ask this question but does anyone find it strange that Universal is listing the closing time at IOA on August 16th as 6:00? Is this just a typo or are they really closing the park that early for some sort of private event?

Is the lateness of this newer merch a mistaken delay or purposefully delayed by Uni?
A few weeks ago one of the posters said that they had heard that a shipment of the new Harry potter merchandise had been lost in transit. Perhaps there was some credibility to that info.

^Have heard nothing of shipment lost in transit. Merch is delayed due to design/legal approval. Includes but not limited to: Wonderwitch potions, recordable howlers, tethered snitches, house quidditch robes, etc.

^ Thank you Quint! Now, something that I have never asked on here. What is the name of the department that handles merchandise design, execution, quality control and purchasing for Universal?

^Have heard nothing of shipment lost in transit. Merch is delayed due to design/legal approval. Includes but not limited to: Wonderwitch potions, recordable howlers, tethered snitches, house quidditch robes, etc.

Recordable howlers!!!! :drool:

Hi, all! I apologize if it's been discussed, but can someone tell me what the hours are for Universal and IoA this weekend? I'm finally heading to Diagon Alley tomorrow and would like to get there as early as possible. The website says 8:00 AM for IoA but 9:00 AM for Universal. How would these hours work with the Hogwarts Express? Is it not available to London until 9:00? I thought both parks were operating with the same hours. Any information would be hugely appreciated! I've been traveling for two days and didn't think to figure this out sooner. :p Thanks in advance!

Hi, all! I apologize if it's been discussed, but can someone tell me what the hours are for Universal and IoA this weekend? I'm finally heading to Diagon Alley tomorrow and would like to get there as early as possible. The website says 8:00 AM for IoA but 9:00 AM for Universal. How would these hours work with the Hogwarts Express? Is it not available to London until 9:00? I thought both parks were operating with the same hours. Any information would be hugely appreciated! I've been traveling for two days and didn't think to figure this out sooner. :p Thanks in advance!
If you have early park entry, guest services is saying that you can board Hogwart's Express around 7:30 AM in Hogsmeade to go to King's Cross in the Studios & then get in the queue for Diagon. At 8:00 AM Hogwart's Express will work both ways. Of course you need a parkhopper to ride. Opening park hours are staggered for the next two weeks.

But people will buy it. It was probably the result of a bet that they could create a HP shirt that wouldn't sell. I bet they lost.

Too funny... I looked at it and decided to say nothing because I figured maybe younger people would like it. A few too many ideas going on for my tastes. Now, who can grab a picture of a person wearing it!? Ha!