Would You Rather (WWoHP Edition) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Would You Rather (WWoHP Edition)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

yes or no?

• Yes

Votes: 24 33.8%
  • No

Votes: 47 66.2%

• Total voters
It's just when Dueling Dragons are a former shell of themselves. A+ queue gone, dueling ride experience gone.. now just two good B&M's..

But I wouldn't get rid of them. I'd miss them in our skyline too much and they're only the #2 and #3 coasters in the park. Makes me wonder when people consider (considered?) IOA the "rollercoaster park"..

No, it's a one of a kind coaster. Even with everything being stripped from it within the past few years, it's still enjoyable. I'm hoping and praying that Universal rethemes it and gets it dueling again cause the state it's in now is a bit laughable. So yeah, I'm gonna say no.

Although... an interactive Forbidden Forest would be AMAZING!! :sneaky:

Being that my favorite things about Dueling Dra... I mean Dragon Challenge are gone, I guess I wouldn't mind something else being in that spot. I still voted no though :lol:

Look, I like the coasters, but you cannot compare a bare coaster to a groundbreaking e-ticket.

No disrespect, my man :thumbs: I just found it funny because I knew you'd say that :lol:

To each his own, but with an existing E-ticket in the same land, I think it's enough. Plus these are 2 of the only 3 big coasters in this park, so it'd be a huge loss on that front, not to mention a blow to the diversity / variety of rides. I think that once DA opens in USF there will be much less crowding here and there will be more of a balance.

Last edited:
No, for the same reason I don't want to see Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Horror Make Up, Spiderman, Spaceship Earth or Great Movie Ride replaced. You pay homage to your past.

Uhmm No.

In this case a rollercoaster is a rollercoaster IMO. You guys talk about diversity all the time but what is your number one request when it comes to this? Replacing it with an E-Ticket along the lines of Spiderman or FJ etc...These coasters are diverse..even if they dont duel. To remove this would be a huge blow to IOA because of the fact all that would leave is the hulk. Not enough imo.

Actually, it would be WAY COOL if they re-did the entire queue as a Forbidden Forest walk-though, complete with AAs. That would attract a lot more people to it, even those who wouldn't ride the coasters; they'd just go along for the walk-through. That would make everyone happy, I think. It would bring the queue back to Dueling Dragons' or even better quality and attention to detail, plus it would pull a lot more people that way :thumbs:

I am all for re-doing the queue or theme of the coaster itself. Just don't want the coasters themselves to go away.

I am all for re-doing the queue or theme of the coaster itself. Just don't want the coasters themselves to go away.

That's how I feel :thumbs:

They could even switch the entrance and exit with one another, so you enter where the Forbidden Forrest is supposed to be, and then exit by the Hogsmeade Station and the lockers.

No. I love Dragon Challenge. It's part of Islands of Adventure's history. It's the famous "one of a kind dueling B&M inverted coaster". Sadly it's a shell of it's former self, but I would still absolutely hate to it go. I just wish that they would at least duel again... (which I know is not going to happen)

Makes me wonder when people consider (considered?) IOA the "rollercoaster park"..

Because "steel coasters are ugly and are like Six Flags. Disney would NEVER do that because they would find some way to conceal the tracks with theming because they aren't a roller coaster park".

I always find those comments to be absolutely hilarious, because after SDMT opens, MK will have the same amount of coasters that IOA has (4). Though, if you counted both sides of Space Mountain, MK would have one more coaster than IOA. HA.

:bored:

And to debunk that argument one could just point to DCA. Multiple Steel and off the shelf rides around that park.

The Forbidden Forest area idea is possibly the best. They could keep the Tri Wizard feel with the Tent entry and a Forbidden Forest Walk with a few surprises would be really fun and make total sense with the Ford Angela right there.

Because "steel coasters are ugly and are like Six Flags. Disney would NEVER do that because they would find some way to conceal the tracks with theming because they aren't a roller coaster park".

I always find those comments to be absolutely hilarious, because after SDMT opens, MK will have the same amount of coasters that IOA has (4). Though, if you counted both sides of Space Mountain, MK would have one more coaster than IOA. HA.

:bored:

Yet, people say MK is for kids and not adults :)