Would You Rather (WWoHP Edition) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Would You Rather (WWoHP Edition)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

yes or no?

• Yes

Votes: 24 33.8%
  • No

Votes: 47 66.2%

• Total voters
That's how I feel :thumbs:

They could even switch the entrance and exit with one another, so you enter where the Forbidden Forrest is supposed to be, and then exit by the Hogsmeade Station and the lockers.

Thats a pretty good idea. The queue now is so lame compared to what it used to be. I doubt they'll change anything but its fun to think of possibilities

Because "steel coasters are ugly and are like Six Flags. Disney would NEVER do that because they would find some way to conceal the tracks with theming because they aren't a roller coaster park".

I always find those comments to be absolutely hilarious, because after SDMT opens, MK will have the same amount of coasters that IOA has (4). Though, if you counted both sides of Space Mountain, MK would have one more coaster than IOA. HA.

:bored:

And wasn't Dueling Dragons originally for Animal Kingdom?

Yet, people say MK is for kids and not adults :)

So you're saying Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, and The Barnstormer are not kids rides? Those coasters are very easy. Yes, I would consider IOA the coaster park; because the coasters they have are actually thrilling.

Oh, and I love Disney World and those three coasters, I'm just saying, they're not thrilling...

So you're saying Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, and The Barnstormer are not kids rides? Those coasters are very easy. Yes, I would consider IOA the coaster park; because the coasters they have are actually thrilling.

Oh, and I love Disney World and those three coasters, I'm just saying, they're not thrilling...

I guess it depends on what age you are thinking a kid is. I think Barnstormers is aged 2 to 5, Big Thunder Mountain is probably 5+ and Space mountain seems to be the scariest because it is inside, so that would be 7+. My point is people think MK is only for toddlers and I think there is a lot there for more than just toddlers.

But yes, what they have built recently is more for toddlers, but the new coaster is not geared towards toddlers.

Oh, I thought you meant the coasters were geared towards adults - which isn't true - it's geared towards families. But, no, MK is not a "toddler" park. Everyone can enjoy it.

Because "steel coasters are ugly and are like Six Flags. Disney would NEVER do that because they would find some way to conceal the tracks with theming because they aren't a roller coaster park".

I always find those comments to be absolutely hilarious, because after SDMT opens, MK will have the same amount of coasters that IOA has (4). Though, if you counted both sides of Space Mountain, MK would have one more coaster than IOA. HA.

:bored:

to be fair, none of MK's coasters match the Hulk or Dragon Challenge in intensity--not anywhere close. The MK roller coasters also don't really offer a solid adrenaline rush just for the purpose of an adrenaline rush (like one would expect from a coaster park); the MK coasters start with stories best told through the medium of roller coaster type rides.

- - - Updated - - -

And to debunk that argument one could just point to DCA. Multiple Steel and off the shelf rides around that park.

I love IOA, but DCA isn't a fair comparison--Paradise Pier (where you find such off the shelf steel rides) is supposed to be like it is...in fact it would be a failure in theming to not have steel exposed and off-the-shelf rides considering it's supposed to be an old boardwalk. You see roller coasters and rides all around you in piers, but I don't remember seeing steel machines in Hogsmeade.

Not dissing IOA, but there definitely is a distinction between how Disney does coasters and how Universal does them. But there's an audience for each so everyone should be happy without feeling the need to be 'debunking' any arguments.

I feel like Dragons is almost like a well-kept secret. It may not duel any more (still sad about that, but whatever), but both tracks still provide a good thrill and a fun, short ride. It's also almost always got a short wait (I've seen it at 45 mins before, but typically the wait here ranges from 10-20 minutes). I'll usually hit up both tracks back-to-back. There's no real need to replace this one quite yet, it's still a fun coaster that doesn't really have anything wrong with it (I still enjoy the bare queue because it's long, dark, and chilly...perfect place to cool off for a few while you wait for your turn on the coaster).

No not really. Just because they don't duel anymore doesn't mean it's not a good coaster. It's just not worth the fuss over some people rant on about to me.

I feel like Dragons is almost like a well-kept secret. It may not duel any more (still sad about that, but whatever), but both tracks still provide a good thrill and a fun, short ride. It's also almost always got a short wait (I've seen it at 45 mins before, but typically the wait here ranges from 10-20 minutes). I'll usually hit up both tracks back-to-back. There's no real need to replace this one quite yet, it's still a fun coaster that doesn't really have anything wrong with it (I still enjoy the bare queue because it's long, dark, and chilly...perfect place to cool off for a few while you wait for your turn on the coaster).
The problem is..like with Jaws and Kong that the cost of running may start to be more than the benefit of running..While I don't think it's an issue now seeing as the coaster is an icon of the park and doesn't cost that much to run, but down the road it may be.

Even if the dueling never comes back, they are still some top notch B&M's which are pretty high on the rankings.

Another indoor coaster for harry potter won't happen.

Yesterday 4/20 the line stopped in the candle room... So yes this ride is still popular.:happy:

Good to hear. If only one day the dueling will come back.
It was a mistake to put this ride in potter land anyway. It went from being one of the biggest signatures in the park to a secret coaster that hides behind the beloved brick walls of harry potter. What a shame.