1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Zoom Lens - Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem

Discussion in 'Inside Universal Radio' started by Brian G., Mar 6, 2019.

1. Brian G.

Brian G. Staff Member Administrator

Our new Zoom Lens series presents something a bit different than our usual podcast releases. Each episode of Zoom Lens will offer an in-depth look at attractions, events, lands, and more around the Universal Parks & Resorts.

In this first episode, we take a look at the history and making of Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem. The attraction first opened in Universal Studios Florida in 2012, eventually making its way over to Universal Studios Hollywood with a much more expanded presence.

Inside Universal Radio: Zoom Lens – Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem | Inside Universal

2. Scott W.

Scott W. Premium Member

This should be good. There’s a definite gap in the market for podcasts exploring the history of Universal attractions.

Dhdhddh, GadgetGuru and Brian G. like this.
  3. Brian G.

Brian G. Staff Member Administrator

We hope so. We want to do more things like this - podcasts, history videos, more interviews, but ya'll gotta give us the feedback.

4. david10225

david10225 Newcomer

This is something I will definitely get into. Just my own two cents but was that name for the series focus tested (no pun intended)?

5. Ron101

Ron101 Rookie

I love this new idea and can’t wait to hear more Zoom Lens podcasts! Some feedback I would like to give is that guest host Rick Gutierrez’s voice was very low at least for me and I had to keep alternating the volume. Other than that, great job!

Chris and GadgetGuru like this.
  6. Chris

Chris Veteran Member

Thank you for the feedback. I agree with your assessment and we addressed it as best as we could for the first time out. Look forward to more...

Ron101 likes this.
  7. Kevin McCane

Kevin McCane Newcomer

I recently subscribed to this podcast and love the in-depth Universal talk about what works, what doesn't, what's new, what's being replaced. This is also my first comment on these forums! But it's this episode in particular that really hit the right chord for me. My first Universal Studios visit was in 1990 with my parents when I was 8. Every time I go there or think back on that visit, I have bits and pieces of memories (the hanging Jaws, talking to K.I.T.T., Fievel's Playland, boarding the tram, Wild West Stunt Show), but the geography completely escapes me. For years, I've searched for pictures or maps of the park of when I went, to fill in my memory gaps and you posting those older maps made my month! It all clicked in for me seeing those. I have a handful of pictures and a good amount of Palmcorder footage of that day and I can't wait to post, comment and discover in the years to come on these forums. Thank you for this electric jolt of sweet, sweet nostalgia.

Chris and Brian G. like this.
  8. GadgetGuru

GadgetGuru Premium Member

I’m only about 1/4 of a way through, but I like the episode so far! There isn’t much about Universal history or deep dives into the attractions.

Agree with the others on the audio issue, but it’s a first-time podcast. I have no doubts you’ll work out the technical stuff.

One suggestion I do have might be to try and condense the material a bit. The episode is roughly around 2 hours long. From the first 30 minutes, it seems like it’s equal parts banter/stories and history. The banter/stories is great to hear (please don’t lose it) but it can make the podcast super long

Brian G. likes this.
  9. Skold

Skold Rookie

Liked it a lot!

Loved the history and the "why they did it this way".

But confusing Jay Rasulo for Jay Stein is inexcusable. Jay Stein is the reason we have these parks, let alone HP and now SWGE.

JayBangs, It's an entire book! Having trouble linking it. Ha!
    Love these type of pods, just please don't be dumb. :cheers:

Brian G. likes this.
  10. WAJAS98

WAJAS98 Veteran Member

This is a geat idea!! I loved the episode!

My only critiques are the differing volumes between those speaking and the lack of any Orlando based hosts.

Brian G. likes this.
  11. belloq87

belloq87 Veteran Member

The middle ground between light and shadow...
    I just listened to this and thought it was absolutely fantastic. A touch on the long side, yes, but overall packed with great stuff.

I would love to see more attractions from either coast (past and present) tackled this extensively!

Brian G. likes this.
  12. WhyDoYouHateFun?

WhyDoYouHateFun? Newcomer

Thanks for a great first-time episode! Got about the last half hour to go, but really enjoying the look back, the input from both of you, and some things from USH's past I forgot about! Looking forward to more!
    (I vote for Prop Plaza, but I'm simple to please. You get off the tram, get back on the tram....)