Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

2009 - Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit - (9/18/08) Screamscape sources tell us that the supports for the Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit coaster have been spotted in the empty lot next to IOA along Turkey Lake Road where a new hotel is expected to go up sometime in the future. From what I’m been told they have been painted a cream / light brownish color.

Creamish color, for now at least. Paint can always change last minute. :thumbs:

How long are you actually going to have to pick one of those songs?
Theres like 200 there.
Will it be by Genre and Band hopefully?

Not all of those songs will be picked. Maybe about 50 of them will be used on the actual ride. :thumbs:

Yea, they have to tell you somehow. Hopefully like a pamphlet or something at the front of the line. But how would they make it so that of you can hear your song? Wouldn't you be able to hear the person next to you's song?

Yea, they have to tell you somehow. Hopefully like a pamphlet or something at the front of the line. But how would they make it so that of you can hear your song? Wouldn't you be able to hear the person next to you's song?

Not the way the speakers are placed. If you look at the concept art, each seat has their speakers aimed towards their rider. You shouldn't be able to hear it, and the speakers shouldn't have to be too loud. :thumbs:

What they should do is have different booths that sample the songs on HRRR. (Songs would be 30 seconds long). Have one booth of rock songs, hip-hop rap, country, pop, etc outside of the ride. The booths would be like telephone booths with LED screens showing you the songs and a pair of headphones where you could adjust the volume. that's my two cents about how people would be able to here a song before they go on the ride.

What they should do is have different booths that sample the songs on HRRR. (Songs would be 30 seconds long). Have one booth of rock songs, hip-hop rap, country, pop, etc outside of the ride. The booths would be like telephone booths with LED screens showing you the songs and a pair of headphones where you could adjust the volume. that's my two cents about how people would be able to here a song before they go on the ride.

That sounds like a GREAT idea! I hope they do something like this to let the riders hear in advance.

That sounds like a GREAT idea! I hope they do something like this to let the riders hear in advance.

Better. Have two lines.

Line 1:
Pick your song in booths, and get an "interplanetary passport" which has your song code on it. The TM at the front of the line scans your card into the seat, and that song plays.

Line 2:
Regular queue line. Your song is random.

Better. Have two lines.

Line 1:
Pick your song in booths, and get an "interplanetary passport" which has your song code on it. The TM at the front of the line scans your card into the seat, and that song plays.

Line 2:
Regular queue line. Your song is random.

That sounds lame and an exact replica of ET's naming system. Double lame.