Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What Games Are You Playing?

Get CoD. From what I've played, better for 360. Only get it if it's cheap on ebay, cod 5 in two months.

I've already got it for PS3, but how is it better on 360? Please, explain. The only difference controls-wise is that L1 is to zoom in on PS3 and L2 is to throw a special grenade, with R1 to shoot your gun and R2 to throw a frag grenade. They're switched around on 360 (L1 control is L2, vice versa, and applies to R buttons also). I tried the campaign out on my cousin's 360 (as well as played multiplayer with him) and it's also exactly the same. I just don't see the worth in getting the same game, especially when other games are on my to-buy list.

I've already got it for PS3, but how is it better on 360? Please, explain. The only difference controls-wise is that L1 is to zoom in on PS3 and L2 is to throw a special grenade, with R1 to shoot your gun and R2 to throw a frag grenade. They're switched around on 360 (L1 control is L2, vice versa, and applies to R buttons also). I tried the campaign out on my cousin's 360 (as well as played multiplayer with him) and it's also exactly the same. I just don't see the worth in getting the same game, especially when other games are on my to-buy list.

I just want you to get it. :lol:

No. :lol:

Well, if I've got some spare cash and it does go down, then maybe.

I got through a pretty large chunk of the creature stage in Spore today. :happy: Speaking of which, Peaches and Yeti, are you still planning on getting the game?

No. :lol:

Well, if I've got some spare cash and it does go down, then maybe.

I got through a pretty large chunk of the creature stage in Spore today. :happy: Speaking of which, Peaches and Yeti, are you still planning on getting the game?

You probably wouldn't get your xbox this month, so then you'd just have to wait one more month for CoD 5 so don't get it (you probably already figured that). But get CoD 5 for 360 definitely.

But get CoD 5 for 360 definitely.

I've said a million times, my parents won't let me get M games, COD4 was an exception, they've let me play the Halo demo on my computer (which is why my brother's hoping to get Halo 3), and I'm currently trying to use my convincing powers for them to let me get BioShock on the PS3. I saw some box art of COD5 showing it with an M rating slapped on it. Also, Drew's right, I'm sticking with 4. Online/offline co-op and a flamethrower (no matter how awesome it is-Peaches would burn everything in sight! :lol: ) aren't enough to make me get it, even if it does in fact get rated T and the box I saw was wrong.

If Cod4 was an exception, why wouldn't they allow Cod 5?

That's the way they are. Remember, they often let me see R rated movies too. They're just strict on video games. It's even worse for my younger brother. While he can play my PS3 and do COD4, he wasn't allowed to get Soul Calibur 4 after my mom looked at the long list of labels on the back of the box for why it was rated T. I still think that if he managed to get a 360, he would be able to get Halo 3, or at least I can help him out (my parents also let me get Halo 2 for the PC.... that is, until I learned that it wouldn't work on my computer, even though it has Vista).

I'm double posting.... sue me. :lol:

I downloaded and played the demo for BioShock... hey, my mom didn't care in the least when I blatantly showed her the fact that it was downloading, so that's a good sign! :happy: Also, I'm on the Tribal Stage in Spore, though my brother's further and just got on the Civilization stage.

Kirbs... I wanted to ask if Spore is still fun to play?
I want to get it, but just checking to make sure that it can last in the attention aspect? I have a 5 dollar off coupon from Target for it too. Zing.

I'm double posting.... sue me. :lol:

I downloaded and played the demo for BioShock... hey, my mom didn't care in the least when I blatantly showed her the fact that it was downloading, so that's a good sign! :happy: Also, I'm on the Tribal Stage in Spore, though my brother's further and just got on the Civilization stage.

Sweet Kirby :thumbs:. Let me tell you that BioShock gets more and more disturbing the further you go, but IS an amazing game story and game play wise, and is a must have. Plus there is some exclusive content for PS3.

Kirbs... I wanted to ask if Spore is still fun to play?
I want to get it, but just checking to make sure that it can last in the attention aspect? I have a 5 dollar off coupon from Target for it too. Zing.

Well, considering that I have an hour and a half a day for only three days of the week, so far the answer is yes. You won't get much out of the cell stage-it's about 30 minutes to beat the stage, perfect timing too, since right when you're good at it and you're about to be bored you move on to the creature stage. I only just recently beat it with my orginal species, and it's at first decent but gets better once you unlock enough parts to either make friends with the other species (relatively) easily or hunt down the other species (relatively) easily, or both. The tribal stage kicks off quickly and well enough, almost-useless domesticated animals aside. This game shines when it comes to created content-you can easily open up the Sporepedia anywhere in the game and download a bunch of other species and vehicles whenever you feel like it. If you get the game, add me as a buddy (kirby_is_kyaan, of course) so you can download my species and interact with them.... just don't kill them okay? :lol: Long story short, I think that it's a good game overall that while each individual part is a simpler version of common game genres, combined make a great package. Plus, I bet it will also be fun to see whatever species your kid and husband make in your game.

Sweet Kirby :thumbs:. Let me tell you that BioShock gets more and more disturbing the further you go, but IS an amazing game story and game play wise, and is a must have. Plus there is some exclusive content for PS3.

That's great to know. :thumbs: Is the ending as bad as all the review sites said? (No spoilers, plz :lol: )

Thanks man, I am still gonna get it then. The hubs wants it too. He heard that you can only install it 3 times total, which I don't like all that much cause the way I am with Sims I install and uninstall as I get bored and then get back into them a lot so it kinda sucks.
Guess I just gotta leave it on there. Once I get it I will let you know and add you :)

The Rock Band 2 tour mode has been driving me nuts. I can't unlock any new songs without doing like 5 song mystery setlists, etc. I would have no problem with that but when songs like Snow (Hey Oh) come up that I cant freaking beat for the life of me, I'm screwed. I might just delete it off my harddrive.