Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Top 25 Horror Nights Houses - Orlando

Well not an entire house but a scene or two would be nice like in vampyre. Breaks up the repetitivty and could also work as a distraction scare

I was excited to see the updated list until I saw The Thing: Assimilation over everything else. Including Halloween! Seriously guys...

Happy to see Halloween on the list. I am sad my personal 2013 fav Cabin has been booted off the list, but what are you gonna do?

While The Thing isn't necessarily the individual favorite of any of us per say, we all agreed the house delivered on all fronts and was one of the crowning achievements for the event. It was an intense experience and while some may disagree I know there are many out there including those on biggest HHN forums that will agree that house was one of if not the greatest of all time.

Of course, we have to mention that bedroom scene, where the girl is having a rather pleasurable experience.

Aiello confirmed this scene would be in M&M this year. I must be picturing something entirely different than what was really going on in the scene, as I can't see that happening at HHN these days.

A) What was this scene exactly? Surely it wasn't just a girl moaning and touching on top of a bed? There must have been more to it than that, right?
B ) How was this scene used for scares?
C ) If it really is going to be in the M&M house, what is memorable about it other than shock value of seeing a girl "having a rather pleasurable experience."?

When I told some friends about this scene, the reaction was basically "Why? Other than causing controversy." I tried to find a walkthrough of the original house to see how it fit the context, but couldn't find an answer.

:look:

I understand everyone has their own opinion, that's why I'm voicing mine. During your top 25 podcast last year I heard your thoughts on why it was #1. The consensus was The Thing is a prelude for house tech to come (AvP, AWiL). While that might be true, I think everyone was so hyped for AvP and remembered how great AWiL was the year prior, that stamp alone gives it #1. It's like giving the first generation Android phone #1 over the Galaxy s6 for nostalgic purposes. The Thing wasn't a terrible house but houses should be judged on consistency. Yes I had a cool run through, everything worked. Most of the time I would miss a puppet or two. The military guys were standing around. The shitty dog hand puppet that was like 5 feet from me. Plus the most of the "puppets" were basically shaking rubber manikins. I respect your opinions, 90% of the list was spot on. It just doesn't seem like a well thought out #1... of. all. time.

Last edited:
I understand everyone has their own opinion, that's why I'm voicing mine. During your top 25 podcast last year I heard your thoughts on why it was #1. The consensus was The Thing is a prelude for house tech to come (AvP, AWiL). While that might be true, I think everyone was so hyped for AvP and remembered how great AWiL was the year prior, that stamp alone gives it #1. It's like giving the first generation Android phone #1 over the Galaxy s6 for nostalgic purposes. The Thing wasn't a terrible house but houses should be judged on consistency. Yes I had a cool run through, everything worked. Most of the time I would miss a puppet or two. The military guys were standing around. The shitty dog hand puppet that was like 5 feet from me. Plus the most of the "puppets" were basically shaking rubber manikins. I respect your opinions, 90% of the list was spot on. It just doesn't seem like a well thought out #1... of. all. time.

Well it's not like Reflections of Fear was #1. :lol:

Remember, our "criteria" was:
  • Theme & Environment
  • Lasting Appeal
  • Impact on the Event
  • and most importantly, “The Scary Stuff”.
You may have not personally liked it, and that's fine - but there is no denying it was a huge favorite of many. Keep in mind that many fans still talk about the house in high regard, and was part of a year with a very, very strong line-up. For as great as AWiL is (and by no means is this discounting it), the HHN 23 house line-up was OK.

Your Android argument is like saying "Let's discount Jurassic Park because CG is a lot better now than it was back then".

Aiello confirmed this scene would be in M&M this year. I must be picturing something entirely different than what was really going on in the scene, as I can't see that happening at HHN these days.

A) What was this scene exactly? Surely it wasn't just a girl moaning and touching on top of a bed? There must have been more to it than that, right?
B ) How was this scene used for scares?
C ) If it really is going to be in the M&M house, what is memorable about it other than shock value of seeing a girl "having a rather pleasurable experience."?

When I told some friends about this scene, the reaction was basically "Why? Other than causing controversy." I tried to find a walkthrough of the original house to see how it fit the context, but couldn't find an answer.

:look:

A) She would basically do a striptease on the bed, under a trance.
B) It was a distraction set-up.
C) The house itself was great, but that's the scene everyone talks about. :lol:

A) She would basically do a striptease on the bed, under a trance.
B) It was a distraction set-up.
C) The house itself was great, but that's the scene everyone talks about. :lol:

Five bucks that scene gets cut early on, if it hasn't already.

Vampyr will almost certainly appear, but THAT element...

Keeping it PG-rated here, that totally isn't what we were thinking based on the phrasing "having a rather pleasurable experience." lol

I always liked it when horror nights gets a bit risqué and sexual. Makes for a ton of memorable moments. I'm down if that returns because it sounds awesome

While I knew Halloween would end up on your revised list, I was hoping Dollhouse of the Damned would too. Halloween stole some of it's thunder, but that house was up there for one of the best I've seen.

I personally have M&M, Body Collectors, FvJ, and Insidious all above Halloween right now. It's crazy how good those houses are!

Also are you going to wait until right before HHN26 to edit the list or do it after this years event wraps up?

I'll update my personal after the event but the main one will wait until next year

I'll update my personal after the event but the main one will wait until next year

Can we see your updated personal after last year's event? I believe you said more than one might make it into your personal all time list so I am very curious.