Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

I don't know about doubled, but regardless, the lines won't be that bad for SWL. Hogsmeade lines were particularly bad because Hogsmeade wasn't built to support crowds and Universal really didn't know how to handle that many people. It was a long time ago and Universal wasn't the same resort it is now.
Yeah, by the time Diagon opening rolled around, they had a handle on the first crowds. That, plus the Studios park having more room to spread the crowd out.

When you look at the aerials and you see SWL with Muppet's to one side then Star Tours and the Jedi Academy at the top, IF SWL goes mega popular (pretty much a no brainer but) it wouldn't be a stretch to see them removing the whole of the Muppet's area and linking it round, it would create a massive expansion pad to add an extra attraction or 2 into plus extra food options etc, Backlot Express could even be rethemed for Star Wars to keep that whole area themed. Muppet's could go elsewhere (Indy for starters, no idea how much longer a life it really has or what plans Disney has for Indy or that area)

I don't know if it would be fit or even be possible to refurb Star Tours into Indiana Jones ride from DL. But that would fit perfect with the Indiana Jones show in the same area.

I don't know if it would be fit or even be possible to refurb Star Tours into Indiana Jones ride from DL. But that would fit perfect with the Indiana Jones show in the same area.

I think the only problem would be that it is too similar to Dinosaur. The again if Disney are copying Universal and Universal are prepared to use the same ride system for the second time (Spider-Man & Transformers and Kong and F&F) then who knows.

lots of Disney rides are similar to each other so it should be fine.Besides after Epcot i can see animal kingdom getting an overhaul as well so you might see dinosaur go away.

I think the only problem would be that it is too similar to Dinosaur. The again if Disney are copying Universal and Universal are prepared to use the same ride system for the second time (Spider-Man & Transformers and Kong and F&F) then who knows.
The amount of boat rides, omni-movers, spinners, etc that have multiples of each other tells me that Disney doesn't care much about using the same system twice.

Hell, with the rumored Mickey Mouse ride that may replace Great Movie Ride, DHS would have two of the exact same ride system (LPS) only within a few years of each other.

Besides the vehicle and ride system, the ride experiences (and the queues) are of Dinosaur and Indy are pretty different from each other taken in a bubble.

I don't agree, I think both are different enough that besides a motion platform, load, and that going up/down into the show building nothing will be obviously the same.

The Indiana Jones Adventure is 21 years old. I would hope WDI could come up with something better at this point.
With a new Indy film coming in 2019, i'd love to see them try.

They could have a whole land around Indy that is virtually the "Adventureland" for DHS. With the move of the costuming building too, it just seems like a huge money making opportunity waiting to happen (and may never).

With a new Indy film coming in 2019, i'd love to see them try.

They could have a whole land around Indy that is virtually the "Adventureland" for DHS. With the move of the costuming building too, it just seems like a huge money making opportunity waiting to happen (and may never).
That could be such a cool land if they ever do it. Indy as an IP is about as interesting as it gets. But I have my doubts they'll do anything substantial after SWL for a good number of years.

That could be such a cool land if they ever do it. Indy as an IP is about as interesting as it gets. But I have my doubts they'll do anything substantial after SWL for a good number of years.
Rumors are every park is going to get something big for WDW's 50th... and SWL is not being counted as the "big" thing for DHS. It's said that DAK will get the least (bc of spending on Pandora) and MK will get the most.

If it's still happening, anything "big" at DHS will be the Mickey ride replacing GMR and maybe a re-theme of Star Tours. Of course both of those are replacing rather than adding, but the Mickey ride would supposedly be really good.

Rumors are every park is going to get something big for WDW's 50th... and SWL is not being counted as the "big" thing for DHS. It's said that DAK will get the least (bc of spending on Pandora) and MK will get the most.

If it's still happening, anything "big" at DHS will be the Mickey ride replacing GMR and maybe a re-theme of Star Tours. Of course both of those are replacing rather than adding, but the Mickey ride would supposedly be really good.
Yes, I've seen that on the Mickey ride, but for me, personally, that's a bit of a downer since The Great Movie Ride is one of my favorites at WDW :(. Now, if it was a completely new ride, not just replacing GMR, I would be looking forward to it.

Totally agree with this but feel like this idea is proposed every time a new Indy film comes along, which means it makes too much sense for Disney to do.

In fact I seem to remember an old OU radio episode from a couple of years back when Jock Lindsays hangar bar was announced (how is that by the way?) where they mentioned Indy is the perfect IP for a land.

Totally agree with this but feel like this idea is proposed every time a new Indy film comes along, which means it makes too much sense for Disney to do.

In fact I seem to remember an old OU radio episode from a couple of years back when Jock Lindsays hangar bar was announced (how is that by the way?) where they mentioned Indy is the perfect IP for a land.
I love the hangar bar. Food is yummy and less expansive than the neighbors. Drinks are fun and atmosphere is great. Plus it's usually quieter than the other bars and has nice outdoor seating. I'm a movie nerd so I love all the Indiana Jones references throughout the menu.

50th anniversary is coming and it is going to be significant, but I'd expect almost everything to be at MK and Epcot, not DHS or DAK. After SW, DHS isn't going to get any significant attention for at least a few years.