Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 60 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I would not be surprised to see Star Tours eventually replaced with "The Iron Man Experience" that opened in Hong Kong. Its the exact same ride system so minimal effort to upgrade. Sounds right up Disney's alley! This probably won't happen until after SWL is opened for at least 6 months though.

Reactions: twebber55
I would not be surprised to see Star Tours eventually replaced with "The Iron Man Experience" that opened in Hong Kong. Its the exact same ride system so minimal effort to upgrade. Sounds right up Disney's alley! This probably won't happen until after SWL is opened for at least 6 months though.
First of all, Iron Man can't be used in Orlando so my second point is really unnecessary, but if you go and watch the ride POV I posted earlier in the Hong Kong thread, the ride is very specific to Hong Kong Disneyland. Even Disneyland would have to make changes to the ride film if they wanted it (also voice-over changes would need to be made as half the ride is in English and half in Chinese).

Reactions: WolfmanJ and Mike S
Here's what the berm will most likely look like. Thanks AliciaStella!

It is my understanding that when TSL opens, the entrance to Toy Story Mania will be moved to the opposite side of the building, facing the rest of the new area.

The Pixar Studios area will no longer exist. Meet & Greets will move to TSL, as well as the snack carts. That street will go back to being a backstage area for Cast Members only, which is what it was when the park first opened.

The building that Toy Story Mania is in was originally used for film and TV production, (believe it or not.) In fact if I remember correctly, the Mickey Mouse Club was filmed there in the 1990s.

After filming dropped off this road was opened up for guests, to connect to the streets of America and eliminate a dead-end near the Production Tour. Throughout the years several shows filled the buildings, including Who Wants to Be a Millionaire: Play It! (Where I got on 3 times in one day! And lost at the 16,000 question every time! At least I won 3 hats that day.)

But I digress. Here is a map I made outlining what I believe the be (somewhat) close to the plan for TSL and SWL's layout. Note that the two new lands will probably connect, recreating the non-dead ends that were eliminated by opening Pixar Place street in the first place... just have to wait a few years until those dead ends un-dead themselves.

SWL-TSL-MAP-OVERVIEW_05.jpg

Reactions: Alicia and Scott W.
I actually think a better fit and a much cooler experience would be a GOTG overlay for this.

My mind is a little fuzzy here but has it been confirmed yet that Star Tours will be closing after SWL opens?

I think we always thought that the lands would be separated by Muppets but with massive clearing across the road from SWL and the entracne road getting pushed back, this would create a clear path around Muppets.

02212017HSSWTSL6.jpg

My mind is a little fuzzy here but has it been confirmed yet that Star Tours will be closing after SWL opens?

I think we always thought that the lands would be separated by Muppets but with massive clearing across the road from SWL and the entracne road getting pushed back, this would create a clear path around Muppets.

02212017HSSWTSL6.jpg
It has not been confirmed and ST is thought to stay open for at least a little while after SWL opens for the initial rush.

Also, Muppets will not be directly in-between meaning you won't have to walk through Muppet Courtyard to get to SWL. In the area of the old NYC Skyline facades will be an entrance basically straight down the beginning of SOA and just as set up before, there will be a shoot-off entrance into Muppet Courtyard... except that will be the only way in and only way out now. All of this has been confirmed by multiple insiders.

@Marni1971's drawing shows what I mean at the top:
i9ZFSLY.jpg

02212017HSSWTSL6.jpg
"lands would be separated by Muppets". I can envision thousands of Muppets holding hands as they encircle Star Wars Land. :) :lol:

Coming here after the Pandora thread, and they're all talking about increase in visitors for Star Wars Land and Pandora. And I say Star Wars land will be the biggest success Disney has ever had. Whichever Star Wars land opens first, I think we can see double the amount of people that lined up for Hogsmede. Yeah remember that picture? Crowds will be insane and HS will most likely be booked far, far in advance. The amount of hype and potential this land holds is unimaginable.

Reactions: Coasted

The clearing across the entrance road is for the new cast member parking lot.
The area just behind Muppets (PizzaRizzo) and ST is where the new costume building will be going up.
Once the new entrance to DHS is done, there will be a clear path for workers from their parking lot, through the costume building to the park.

This will free up a ton of space behind Indy for a possible expansion of the park into the current cast member lot.

Reactions: Scott W.
Coming here after the Pandora thread, and they're all talking about increase in visitors for Star Wars Land and Pandora. And I say Star Wars land will be the biggest success Disney has ever had. Whichever Star Wars land opens first, I think we can see double the amount of people that lined up for Hogsmede. Yeah remember that picture? Crowds will be insane and HS will most likely be booked far, far in advance. The amount of hype and potential this land holds is unimaginable.
I don't know about doubled, but regardless, the lines won't be that bad for SWL. Hogsmeade lines were particularly bad because Hogsmeade wasn't built to support crowds and Universal really didn't know how to handle that many people. It was a long time ago and Universal wasn't the same resort it is now.