Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Dry 'n Tame Hotel Speculation (Project 566)

Status
Not open for further replies.
West end and Broadway musicals are performed for tons of non native English speaking people. It's not a problem. I once was in a production of the three dime opera (in Dutch) and some Canadians wanted to see the show and loved it although they didn't understand the language. Beyond that I expect at least 85% to be native going to a show in Orlando.

West end and Broadway musicals are performed for tons of non native English speaking people. It's not a problem. I once was in a production of the three dime opera (in Dutch) and some Canadians wanted to see the show and loved it although they didn't understand the language. Beyond that I expect at least 85% to be native going to a show in Orlando.
A prime example of how theater transcends language (for me anyway) is the Shanghai Disneyland Resort production of The Lion King performed in Mandarin (in Disney Town, not the park). Yes it is the local language, but as foreigner and not knowing the language, I still thought it was a thoroughly entertaining production, regardless of language.

Move Blue Man group to the DNT lot and free the existing building for something else?

My vote is for a HTTYD Dragon Training Dinner Show. Like Medieval Times with Dragon$!

I'm ok with both of these. It's a shame they didn't run with @Disneyhead 's idea of a Dreamworks hotel area w/ the show, etc. It would've worked perfectly. As it stands now, HTTYD would be a somewhat strange fit due to the themes of the hotels. But a more "adult" dinner show would work. Still- I believe a dreamworks in the vein of AoA was a missed opportunity.

As for Blue Man- just dreaming here- but if that was gone- how would that affect USF, and would IoA/USF connect at that point (a second parkhopper entrance?)

When I went to try for the Aladdin lottery in NYC, the crowd was probably %90 from somewhere in Asia. The Lion King still sells out every single show. The money is is shows where you don't have to speak the language to understand the basic idea of what is happening.

Or having an IP that they recognize. Let's not forget that popular movies get dubbed in different languages worldwide.

Well there is a Kong stage show musical and a How to train your dragon one who are both looking amazing. I'd buy a ticket for that.

It's a sidenote really, but I know that the Kong musical has been mentioned a couple of times on these forums over the years so I figured I'd say that Kong is opening on Broadway Fall 2018 (for real this time), so I definitely don't expect it (or anything similar) to appear at Universal resorts.

Back to the Future: The Musical

This was probably intended as a joke but they've actually been working on this for years haha

Anyways, y'all remember that CityWalk survey from last year I believe? Best to refer to that in looking at the plans. There's definitely a theater show coming. IMO a Cirque-like show would be a bad idea since Disney is developing a brand-new one, something like Wicked or even that HTTYD show would be unique enough.

I think I heard that the shopping element is an indoor mall?

They won't do this with Volcano Bay still teething but it'd be really neat if they could also build an indoor waterpark. Orlando doesn't have this yet.

This was probably intended as a joke but they've actually been working on this for years haha

Anyways, y'all remember that CityWalk survey from last year I believe? Best to refer to that in looking at the plans. There's definitely a theater show coming. IMO a Cirque-like show would be a bad idea since Disney is developing a brand-new one, something like Wicked or even that HTTYD show would be unique enough.

They won't do this with Volcano Bay still teething but it'd be really neat if they could also build an indoor waterpark. Orlando doesn't have this yet.
And I wonder where Mike A is this week? Oh, yeah -

This was posted by the Orange County Regional History Center today:

19553951_10155168898536154_3289467240031492622_n.jpg

Learn about the creation of Wet 'n Wild in the latest issue of Reflections, available for free at the History Center. Image courtesy of the George and Anne Millay Collection, Special Collections & University Archives Department, University of Central Florida Libraries, Orlando, Florida

I know he was at Abbey Road a while back...Perhaps they are working on new show content? Perhaps for HP Christmas stuff

He says that he's worked on two projects, and that in the past; he went to Abbey for the sake that he directed an commercial featuring He-man.

That said, I think the project he could be doing, is that rumored Minions show for the holidays.

I thought I read once that Great Wolf or maybe it is great woods, I don't recall, but they have loges in the NE that have indoor water parks. I sort of think that is silly for FL as most visitors seem to come for the sunshine.

I kind of assume their water parks are for hotel guest, so not sure if they are really open to all, but I do think one was planned for Orlando.

Then again, I feel like I have been hearing for around 30 years that someone is building an indoor ski slope in south FL.

Status
Not open for further replies.