What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Avengers Campus (DCA)

I looked into the thread expecting a juicy new update about the upcoming Marvel land and all I got was an LOL JK. Cool.

On the MSIE threat in Orlando, Disneyhead just dropped a bombshell:

Right now, it just those crazy kids out there in Glendale trying to replicate the space folding visual effect using a Kuka Arm and the shapeshifting/projection mapping tech.

They are also working up another Marvel/Kuka attraction that won't come to FL.
Oh. Snap. Could this be saved for DCA when the have the bus depot available?

Last edited:
I looked into the thread expecting a juicy new update about the upcoming Marvel land and all I got was an LOL JK. Cool.

MiceChat (take with grain of salt) was suggesting that we might get more Marvel Land details at SDCC this Saturday. The Marvel panel is confirmed to be 30 minutes longer than it's usual 1 hour long presentation.

MiceChat (take with grain of salt) was suggesting that we might get more Marvel Land details at SDCC this Saturday. The Marvel panel is confirmed to be 30 minutes longer than it's usual 1 hour long presentation.

Considering that last year we got Guardians, I actually wouldn't be surprised if we get a first look for Spider-Man with a opening window of time and concept art; especially if Bugs Land is going to be exterminated.

Do we think this is something that wouldn't open until after SW or would they try to have it open relatively around the same time to even out the crowds between parks? Like are we expecting it to be the same level of theming as SW?

Do we think this is something that wouldn't open until after SW or would they try to have it open relatively around the same time to even out the crowds between parks? Like are we expecting it to be the same level of theming as SW?

Rumors are that the Avengers coaster would take 3 years to complete. We're lookin at 2021/2022. It's going to be exciting to see Marvel Land go head to head with Super Nintendo World.

:agree::thumbsup: Do you guys think it will have inversions or no inversion
I doubt it, but that would be great if they did. I would imagine Disney would want to make this thrilling but just right for kids, but again, we did almost get RnR. Hopefully they'll throw in some bigger thrills.

I doubt it, but that would be great if they did. I would imagine Disney would want to make this thrilling but just right for kids, but again, we did almost get RnR. Hopefully they'll throw in some bigger thrills.
Well we had to wait till tomorrow and see if they do announce anything from marvel land

Well we had to wait till tomorrow and see if they do announce anything from marvel land

If they announce anything for Marvel at Disneys California Adventure; it won't be until Saturday Night, when we will most likely get the next trailer for Thor Ragnarok, details on Infinity War, Black Panther and Ant-Man & The Wasp.

If anything gets announced for Marvel, it will most likely be primarily on the Spider-Man attraction, and not on the E-Ticket Avengers attraction.

If they announce anything for Marvel at Disneys California Adventure; it won't be until Saturday Night, when we will most likely get the next trailer for Thor Ragnarok, details on Infinity War, Black Panther and Ant-Man & The Wasp.

If anything gets announced for Marvel, it will most likely be primarily on the Spider-Man attraction, and not on the E-Ticket Avengers attraction.
You will ever know if they did announce everything for marvel land anyway :shrug:

You will ever know if they did announce everything for marvel land anyway :shrug:

:saywhat:

What exactly do you mean by that?

As what I have done before with D23, I will probably do Live-Recaps of the Fox, Warner and Marvel panels respectedly on the SDCC thread; so it wouldn't be like I never knew in the first place.

Honestly, if I was to guess; if we get anything on Spider-Man, I imagine we will get confirmation that Jon Watts will return to direct Homecoming's Sequel with the announcement of the D-Ticket, along with direct saying that like how James Gunn was involved in Mission Breakout, Watts will be involved in the development of the attraction in some form.

I was thinking about it and while at first I thought it was stupid to even use Spider-Man considering what they have to live up to over at IOA, I also realize most visitors to DCA will never make it over to IOA.

Also, I think it's smart that Spider-Man is a D-ticket and they don't try to top Spidey at IOA. Universal hasn't even been able to top that nearly 20 year old ride and they've built two great Potter rides and a Transformers ride using the same ride system. Flight of Passage is the closest that Disney has come to passing it.

There are several rides in the works that may finally unseat Spidey, but I think it's smart to not try and top the GOAT with the same IP because if Disney fails, it becomes the butt of many jokes.

They won't announce at Marvel theme park stuff mainly due to the fact the Comic Con group can be and more likely will be brutal if its not considered good. The same reason I doubt we will see any Universal theme park announcements coming out at Comic Con regardless of their 8 Comic Con invite only afterparties.

They won't announce at Marvel theme park stuff mainly due to the fact the Comic Con group can be and more likely will be brutal if its not considered good. The same reason I doubt we will see any Universal theme park announcements coming out at Comic Con regardless of their 8 Comic Con invite only afterparties.
The response to last year's Mission Breakout was only brutal because it was replacing an already popular ride. I doubt the Disney fans would get upset about A Bug's Land leaving.

The response to last year's Mission Breakout was only brutal because it was replacing an already popular ride. I doubt the Disney fans would get upset about A Bug's Land leaving.

Yeah, it wouldn't be as bad as what you would think, Quinn.

I don't see that many people getting into a fuss about the removal of an IP like Bugs Life, even though Hopper is still my favorite animatronic from Disney; that doesn't save a land.

This would have a small group of people bashing the announcement, especially if you pair this with the first details on Homecoming's Sequel with Jon Watts taking a Gunn-like role for the attraction.