Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Infinity Falls - 2018 Raft Ride

After just coming back I must admit that I completely understand why Seaworld is creating a raft ride for their park! The queue for JTA can get real backed up when it's hot out there, and they really do need another ride to help cool people down in the summer heat. As much as I find the elevator cool, I just hope there will be more to the rapids than a drop. I love Congo in BGT because the rapids are so thrilling, I love Bluto's for the mix of rapids and various waterfalls, and I just hope this one has more to offer than a drop. Either way, I'm looking forward to riding it. It looks like it'll be superb!

Quick update from my last visit. Not much happening. Just spraying water to compact the dirt down before they begin the real work.

Video:

Photo Highlights:

P1120819.jpg

02444.MTS_.Still004.jpg

02444.MTS_.Still003.jpg

02444.MTS_.Still005.jpg

P1120825.jpg

Plus the vertical lift saves a ton of space usually taken up by a slanted lift. And there'll be a couple points on the ride where the raft path actually overlaps the other parts of the path. So yea, small plot, but used cleverly.

Plus the vertical lift saves a ton of space usually taken up by a slanted lift. And there'll be a couple points on the ride where the raft path actually overlaps the other parts of the path. So yea, small plot, but used cleverly.
So probably the ride path will take you beneath the drop part?

Interesting, looks like the drop is the final element of the ride.

I wonder how the animals will be incorporated into this attraction. Also saw a permit for an aviary at SWO, dont remember exactly where I saw it but I could see this ride going through an aviary.

Interesting, looks like the drop is the final element of the ride.

I wonder how the animals will be incorporated into this attraction. Also saw a permit for an aviary at SWO, dont remember exactly where I saw it but I could see this ride going through an aviary.
"Bird flies into guest face while on new Infinity Falls and more at 11"

I have to ask. The portion of solid black as the ride turns from the resivor..what is that? Is that a drop, or a lift hill?
Looks like a conveyor to bring the boat back up to the height of the loading platform, or it's just the loading platform with room for backup of boats.

Looks like a conveyor to bring the boat back up to the height of the loading platform, or it's just the loading platform with room for backup of boats.

I meant the portion right next to the large drop, not the station. xD

That said, I looked at concept art, and saw a lift hill incorporated before the elevator lift, so that explains it.