Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Gatorland

So thanks to some nice free tickets from a friend we hit the most magical place on Earth again today. It was rainy and gray most of the day but I managed to still get some pictures:

By the way the newly rebuilt entrance and gift shop (the originals were destroyed in a fire) have turned out really nice. Feels a little bit more like a theme park. Still you can't beat the price, the hotdog feeding gator good times, the redneck humor, and of course the monster gators. Had a great time!

5z18k2.jpg

2m5ku54.jpg

2i6fb6g.jpg

They have a really nice brand new exhibit with albino gators that have shiny blue eyes. Exhibit was well done and I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised!
eafkue.jpg

66i1r6.jpg

wvqzk0.jpg

55kvnb.jpg

Petting zoo for the kiddies, apparently goats also like the taste of cheap Gatorland rain ponchos...
25zo4sy.jpg

2dtat8k.jpg

1pcbox.jpg

A little Gatorland humor...
29vo67l.jpg

There is also a huge breeding marsh that has a three story observation tower and a really nice boardwalk meandering though it. There are tons of HUGE gators in there and you can get some amazing, and a little scary, very close up shots.

ruct48.jpg

They also have a nice variety of other animals, such as snakes, birds, iguanas, and so on. Caught all three shows too but didn't get pics since my camera died.

2l91pfq.jpg

This was for sure the best part. They sell packs of hotdogs for you to feed the gators. Their is one part of the boardwalk over the main lake where the giant gators hang out and get gorged on hotdogs from the tourists. Here is what it looks like from 4 feet above:

21133hs.jpg

This is also my new desktop background:
2h36jqp.jpg

11ada1i.jpg

Had a great time, as well as my two boys and their friend, the wife, not so much her cup of tea but whatever. They told us about a program they have where you go with a staff member right down to the waters edge and feed the gators right in your face. They take your picture and of course try to get you to buy it, but the whole thing only costs $10. I'm definitely doing this next trip since we ran out of time this go round. If you've never been or haven't been for a long time I suggest you go check the place out!

Gatorland 5-14-09 Pics

Had to put my ride in the shop yesterday, and since it's just down the road from Gatorland, I brought the cams with me to pass the time away while it was worked on.

So here are some of the pics.

Part one.

536882785_xbdkj-L.jpg

536882959_TDo3J-L.jpg

536883142_yzmTj-L.jpg

536883289_M2fbT-L.jpg

536889598_69xLD-L.jpg

536890430_ttzTQ-L.jpg

536890737_WUpT3-L.jpg

536896037_242k7-L.jpg

536895699_9mBdf-L.jpg

536992665_UmLSz-L.jpg

So how did you like the park? I swear out of all the Central Florida attractions this is still my absolute favorite place to go! Also there is a thread on Gatorland over in roadside attractions I believe if mods want to merge. Looking forward to part 2 of the pics!

Part 2

536992984_aDxqc-L.jpg

536993593_xGq3h-L.jpg

536997639_xwqQx-L.jpg

536996127_tHZbi-L.jpg

536996248_w5AVp-L.jpg

536996655_TRygv-L.jpg

536996829_vbC2e-L.jpg

536997227_nNnod-L.jpg

536997133_4QvN8-L.jpg

537010028_6p2LV-L.jpg

537010151_b3NKy-L.jpg

537011135_vA7YT-L.jpg

The End

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

So how did you like the park? I swear out of all the Central Florida attractions this is still my absolute favorite place to go! Also there is a thread on Gatorland over in roadside attractions I believe if mods want to merge. Looking forward to part 2 of the pics!

I always enjoy myself at Gatorland, I have an AP. My fav part of the park is the Swamp Walk. I usually spend 1 or more hours out there on the walk just shooting pics of the trees as well as random creatures I run across.

I had to hold back on posting so many pics of the trees and other foliage I took yesterday, didn't want to bore everybody.:lol:

I didn't even catch any of the shows at all yesterday while I was there for about 3 hours.

They are replacing/ have already replaced alot of wood throughout the park. I hadn't been since Nov when I got my AP, so it was nice to see them keeping up the park.

I'll prob go back in a few weeks, since there are a few things I want to try capture with my cams.

GREAT pictures!

I kind of want to go to Gatorland now. :lol:

P.S. I really want to brush the albino gator's teeth. Bad.

Thanks all for the kind words, glad you liked the pics

P.S. I really want to brush the albino gator's teeth. Bad.

LOL. I wish you lots, and lots, and lots of luck on that one.

Did you take the train ride?

Nope, I'm embarassed to say I still haven't ridden the train in the past 5 yrs since I've been semi frequenting Gatorland. I think the only time I've ever ridden it was when I was very very young, and that memory is just a blur.