Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Best places to eat at Disney Springs

If you have a rental car and are up for about a 20 minute drive, I highly recommend you head behind Magic Kingdom into downtown Winter Garden, FL (just search into google). Tons of family owned and operated places and it's a charming little area.

funny you mention that. We are going to Winter Garden area for my birthday in November and plan on visiting crooked can brewery.

Any recommendations on restaurants in Winter Garden?

funny you mention that. We are going to Winter Garden area for my birthday in November and plan on visiting crooked can brewery.

Any recommendations on restaurants in Winter Garden?
Winter Garden Pizza Co. (Italian), Moon Cricket Grille (Sports Bar), The Big Easy (Cajun), Crooked Can as you mentioned, etc.

There's a ton of places to eat down there, i'd suggest walking around a bit. If you go on a weekend, the downtown area is usually pretty lively and busy fyi.

Winter Garden Pizza Co. (Italian), Moon Cricket Grille (Sports Bar), The Big Easy (Cajun), Crooked Can as you mentioned, etc.

There's a ton of places to eat down there, i'd suggest walking around a bit. If you go on a weekend, the downtown area is usually pretty lively and busy fyi.

We are actually going to be down there on a Monday. I love Cajun food, so that may be the spot.

can anyone recommend me places just outside Disney World Area, that may be more reasonably priced, family friendly, and have a good craft beer menu?

Thanks!

In Celebration, highly recommend the Town Tavern--great food, family friendly, over 100 beers. The Columbia is good is you want something with more of a Florida feel (Spanish/Cuban food, family-owned small chain, the original is the oldest restaurant in Florida). Both very reasonable priced compared to on-property.

Graffiti Junktion, on Turkey Lake Road, is mostly burgers, but also hits all your criteria. Again, technically a chain, but only three or four of them, all in Orlando.

For craft beer, not family-friendly (it's a bar, not a restaurant, so 21+), check out Player 1 Video Game Bar in Lake Buena Vista. All craft, different taps constantly rotating through.

As Nick said, Winter Garden has a lot. Crooked Can is probably the best local craft brewer in the Disney area (unless you're willing to haul across town to Sanford, which is a craft mecca now). Very family-friendly, in with sort of a permanent farmers market, so the kids can run around I really like Urban Flats in downtown WG as well, tho it's almost as pricey as most of what you'll find in Springs. Still worth it.

In Celebration, highly recommend the Town Tavern--great food, family friendly, over 100 beers. The Columbia is good is you want something with more of a Florida feel (Spanish/Cuban food, family-owned small chain, the original is the oldest restaurant in Florida). Both very reasonable priced compared to on-property.

Graffiti Junktion, on Turkey Lake Road, is mostly burgers, but also hits all your criteria. Again, technically a chain, but only three or four of them, all in Orlando.

For craft beer, not family-friendly (it's a bar, not a restaurant, so 21+), check out Player 1 Video Game Bar in Lake Buena Vista. All craft, different taps constantly rotating through.

As Nick said, Winter Garden has a lot. Crooked Can is probably the best local craft brewer in the Disney area (unless you're willing to haul across town to Sanford, which is a craft mecca now). Very family-friendly, in with sort of a permanent farmers market, so the kids can run around I really like Urban Flats in downtown WG as well, tho it's almost as pricey as most of what you'll find in Springs. Still worth it.

Awesome thanks for your suggestions. I didn't know Sanford is a "craft mecca". I'll have to check out the breweries in the area I guess. the last time I was there, (about 3 years ago) there wasn't much besides that famous German restaurant.

For a good steak Charley's Steakhouse on International Drive, or Cooper's Hawk (more of a wine pairing restaurant) a little closer to World's largest McDonalds, a little on the pricey side, but the service and quality are great.

If you are into the all you can eat Brazilian steakhouses then for the price try the Knife in Buena Vista.

If you want a good steak and can pony up the money, Ocean Prime makes a hell of a steak, among other things. Not Disney springs, but in the Orlando area.

So I went to Oceans Prime and got the 16oz Kansas City Strip and Sushi Dynamite Roll. They were both really good! And the free bread they offer was probably the best free bread I've had at a restaurant.

I'm thinking of trying the Denver location here tonight.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Awesome thanks for your suggestions. I didn't know Sanford is a "craft mecca". I'll have to check out the breweries in the area I guess. the last time I was there, (about 3 years ago) there wasn't much besides that famous German restaurant.

It's all fairly recent. Celery City opened up maybe two years ago, Wops Hops shortly thereafter, then Sanford Brewing Co. late this Summer. All three make excellent beer. Plus you have a Belgian beer bar (different than the great German place) and a couple bars with live music that offer extensive craft selections. All within like 3 blocks of each other. Definitely worth a visit if you're on the east side of town.

For a good steak Charley's Steakhouse on International Drive, or Cooper's Hawk (more of a wine pairing restaurant) a little closer to World's largest McDonalds, a little on the pricey side, but the service and quality are great.

If you are into the all you can eat Brazilian steakhouses then for the price try the Knife in Buena Vista.

Went to Cooper's hawk last night for our first dinner in Orlando, excellent as always. My wife had the soy ginger strip steak, one of the best pieces of beef I have had in a loooong time. My salmon was exceptional. We always make a point to come here at least once a trip, and it has never disappointed.

So I went to Oceans Prime and got the 16oz Kansas City Strip and Sushi Dynamite Roll. They were both really good! And the free bread they offer was probably the best free bread I've had at a restaurant.

I'm thinking of trying the Denver location here tonight.

Thanks for the suggestion!

So glad you enjoyed it, it's a great place.

Reactions: Wes
Bongos at Disney Springs is my go-to. Fun atmosphere in the evening and really good Cuban food. (highly recommend the tostones).

Bongos at Disney Springs is my go-to. Fun atmosphere in the evening and really good Cuban food. (highly recommend the tostones).

Now that you mention Cuban food. I decided to go to Cuba Libre Restaurant and I tried their Chef tasting menu. Some of the items where hit or miss but overall I felt it was worth the price and pretty good!

No one talks about Wolfgang Puck burried in the corner of disney springs. The pizza there might be the best thing I have eaten in all of disney. It is easily the best value that counts for quick service credits too. Even people who frequent Disney pretty often have no idea it exists.

No one talks about Wolfgang Puck burried in the corner of disney springs. The pizza there might be the best thing I have eaten in all of disney. It is easily the best value that counts for quick service credits too. Even people who frequent Disney pretty often have no idea it exists.
You have a point... I have never eaten here and have never really considered eating here. Usually, I pass by it and pass it off as a place I'm not especially interested in (yes. I have at least looked at the menu). Now that you say this, I'll be sure to give it a try.

This is true. I live closer to downtown Kissimmee, which is basically little Puerto Rico. There's a ton of better options for that Island flavor. Even the food trucks near Old Town give better options for the price in my opinion.

Well that’s because it’s no longer there

Well that’s because it’s no longer there

Full-serve is gone. I think OP means Wolfgang Puck Express, tucked into a corner behind the Christmas store in Marketplace. Haven't been in years--found it decent food but way overpriced. Similar 90s feel to sit-down Pucks.