What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

USH Holidays 2017

Well, they're no longer doing the tram show at Whoville during the Studio Tour, so I'm not as enthusiastic about Grinchmas. Yes, The Magic of Christmas show at Hogwarts is very impressive, but that just offsets the loss of the tram show. The Whoville tram show was such a unique experience that losing it is a big disappointment for me. I also don't see any mention of Story Time with Cindy Lou on the Universal site any more. Maybe the marketing folks didn't think it was worth mentioning, but that may be another piece of Grinchmas that got cut.

I've enjoyed the additions of the holiday offerings in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter--and I'm super happy that Universal is doing something new. But it comes at the expense of Grinchmas entertainment. That's a net gain of zero as opposed to extra holiday entertainment.

so I believe that Storytime with Cindy Lou is happening judging by this small clip at 17:05 in which you can kinda hear Cindy Lou talking

you can also hear the same type of dialogue in the second video at 6:39 but I could be wrong tho

so I believe that Storytime with Cindy Lou is happening judging by this small clip at 17:05 in which you can kinda hear Cindy Lou talking

you can also hear the same type of dialogue in the second video at 6:39 but I could be wrong tho
Good catch! That sounds like it could be a rehearsal for Story Time through the walls in that first video clip. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it was an omitted from the website for mysterious reasons.

Man, if only they had some kind of machine that could give you a ticket with a specific time to come back and enter the land. That would make things so much easier! Much easier than standing in a line stretching halfway across the park.

Man, if only they had some kind of machine that could give you a ticket with a specific time to come back and enter the land. That would make things so much easier! Much easier than standing in a line stretching halfway across the park.
I have to wonder if they'll set something temp for the holidays up so they can avoid issues like this for the weeks ahead.

Time to start drawing up plans for gate 2.

Honestly, me thinks projects are going to get fasttracked for USH, to add capacity before they even tackle the idea of gate 2.

This could have a great effect for Universal Hollywood going forward, and may be the spark needed for the event roster in a long time.

Next year, The Grinch will be coming to Cinemas, and the SeaWorld Ranken Bass Character rights will lapse back to Universal. If I am going to guess for next year, Hollywood is going to see as big of an overhaul as how Orlando did this past year.

I visited USH the past two days. Crowds on Friday (without Grinchmas) were much lighter, as expected. For APs and/or those who don't care about Grinchmas, but want to see the new Magic of Christmas show at WWoHP, you should go on a non-Grinchmas day. On Friday night, there were no lines to get into Hogsmeade. No crowds to fight through. I showed up 10 minutes before the second showing and found a great viewing spot. And we weren't packed like sardines either. After the second show ended, I stayed for the third show and just moved back to a spot where I could hold my phone up and not block anyone's view. No one was ushered out after the second show--which I'm guessing they may do during Grinchmas and weekends. It was so un-crowded, that guests were able to walk into the viewing area *after* the third show already started.

Of course--as seen in the pics/video on social media--Saturday was a much, much different story. I didn't bother trying to wait in that line. I was very happy with my experience a mere 24 hours before.

I just remembered that there was a cool Holiday-themed show last year that doesn't appear to be back this year. The Happy Holidays Carolers aren't singing on the Upper Lot like last year. I thought this was a really cool period show along Universal Boulevard. Inside Universal wrote about it including video in this update. Thankfully, the Shincrackers are still around in the daytime, so Universal left us with something. But it would have been nice if they kept the Carolers around too.

They also had a violinist on French Street, if I remember correctly. They seem to have done away with a lot of their "street performers" so to speak. There was also a piano player on Baker Street that, as far as I know, no longer plays. I remember last summer, around the time they opened The Walking Dead attraction, they added a singer to his performance, Mrs. Hudson. Their performance times used to be listed in the Music tab on USHwaittimes.com, but I haven't seen them listed for a long time.