Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Simpsons Ride (USH)

Welcome to USH Forums! 

As an employee of USH, please do be aware that Universal management does review board activity from time to time. Insight on how attractions work, active updates and trivia tidbits is more than welcome, but please use discretion when it comes to park intel, especially information that has not been released to the public yet. Job security is a much higher priority than information of course.  :)

That said: is the Simpsons Ride really good enough?

tumblr_nwdebe0OiU1uivhlwo1_250.gif

That's because the Marvel contract is in perpetuity - meaning forever. The Simpson's contract will expire at some point and i'd expect Disney to want to take the property away from their theme park rival.

I think it could be slightly more complex. Disney probably won’t put The Simpson’s in their parks and if they’re making money from Universal then it’s probably not a bad thing as nobody is skipping Disney to go up the road to ride Simpsons.

I think it could be slightly more complex. Disney probably won’t put The Simpson’s in their parks and if they’re making money from Universal then it’s probably not a bad thing as nobody is skipping Disney to go up the road to ride Simpsons.
I can see what you're saying, but if you're Disney, why re-up a contract to give your competition the rights to use characters you own?

I can see what you're saying, but if you're Disney, why re-up a contract to give your competition the rights to use characters you own?

Money being the simple answer if they're not going to use them. The other scenario is that Disney force Universal to close the ride and land once the contract is up and basically force Universal to build a new ride or give them an easy reason to expand Nintendo.

Money being the simple answer if they're not going to use them. The other scenario is that Disney force Universal to close the ride and land once the contract is up and basically force Universal to build a new ride or give them an easy reason to expand Nintendo.
Idk. The rights deals aren’t so much money that they couldn’t make up for it in other ways. And with Disney being all about content now, I feel like they would likely want to have theme park control of their own properties when they get the chance.