Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Harmonious

So Microsoft are sponsoring it then :grin: Illuminations: Wonders of the World also isn't the best but at least it's a bit better

Do we know when current Illuminations is expected to close? I’d like to get around to seeing it one last time. I don’t really go to WDW as much as I used to.

Do we know when current Illuminations is expected to close? I’d like to get around to seeing it one last time. I don’t really go to WDW as much as I used to.

Considering illuminations 25 closed days before RoE debuted I imagine late 2019/2020.

:private:... The post below was posted by myself on December 12th. I heard the name from @Marni1971 over on WDWM. Martin is also the one who recently heated up the rumor on this again, saying the show has been expedited (potentially an answer to Universal's new show?). Point being, Jim and Len are really just spouting off information that has been out there and making it sound like it is coming from them.

The 50th isn't some giant milestone Disney can just go to sleep after. Universal is going to be opening an entirely new third park, which you would figure Disney would be responding to.

I haven't heard much concrete about DHS or DAK besides the likelihood of SW:GE expansion, but Brazil is currently lined up to open in 2023 (contracts are being finalized currently) and a new version of IllumiNations (IllumiNations: Windows on the World) is set to debut around 2022. I'm sure other things will pop up too like the Stitch replacement, Star Tours replacement, and possible expansions. Wouldn't be surprised to see a Frontierland expansion after the 50th and the future of Dinoland is up in the air as well.

I really doubt Disney is just going to go back to doing nothing after the 50th. Maybe not as much, but they will still have a motive to keep adding, especially if Universal is opening a new park as I mentioned.

To be fair, Jim and Len kind of say it like that. Jim just says it randomly and Len went, "oh I thought we weren't allowed to say that yet!"

This name kind of rubs me a bit...Reminds me of the restaurant name in the old World Trade Centers....Kind of a strange thing to bring up, I know...But I'm not sure I like the name

What is stopping them from just calling it IllumiNations?

This name kind of rubs me a bit...Reminds me of the restaurant name in the old World Trade Centers....Kind of a strange thing to bring up, I know...But I'm not sure I like the name

What is stopping them from just calling it IllumiNations?

Oh, um, yeah that's why the name rings a bell. That should be changed then...

On the new Disney Dish podcast, Jim and Len talk about the land clearing behind American Adventure and how it may be used as a drone landing pad for the new version of Illuminations. They talk about it at around the 18:55 mark:

This is the area in question:

Jim Hill also seems to "confirm" (to the extent that such things are possible with a Jim Hill scoop) that the new show is going to be "character driven."

Wonderful. :yuck:

Jim Hill also seems to "confirm" (to the extent that such things are possible with a Jim Hill scoop) that the new show is going to be "character driven."

Wonderful. :yuck:
Very symbolic of what's happening with Epcot as a whole

IllumiNations: ROE is a weird case for me...I want something new, but I don't want the show to leave

@Marni1971 is your man for Illuminations, he knows that show inside out and Id be gobsmacked if he didn't know what is coming.

Whether or not hes ready to spill the beans is a different story.

Very symbolic of what's happening with Epcot as a whole

IllumiNations: ROE is a weird case for me...I want something new, but I don't want the show to leave

Yes. It's certainly time for something fresh... but not something dumbed down for kids to more easily consume, which I'm almost certain is what the eventual new show is going to be: not a celebration of real culture, but a celebration of fictional characters.

If that's what it ends up being, hard pass from me.

@Marni1971 is your man for Illuminations, he knows that show inside out and Id be gobsmacked if he didn't know what is coming.

Whether or not hes ready to spill the beans is a different story.
I think, from seeing it so many times, I would be able to trigger the show myself down to the second haha