Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN '18: Trick 'r Treat

I never heard of the movie before so much that I thought of it as Universal Hollywood's original IP, but I heard the movie so good enough that I decided to dive into it :grin:

I'm probably just overthinking this but he capitalized the word "It" in this tweet which immediately made me think he was dropping a low-key hint at another maze... but maybe not. It's probably just a typo. I'm sure I just need a nap.

Probably also overthinking this, but maybe he's been discussing IT with people so often that his phone automatically autocorrects "it" to "It"

But more likely it means nothing. Just a thought.

Probably also overthinking this, but maybe he's been discussing IT with people so often that his phone automatically autocorrects "it" to "It"

But more likely it means nothing. Just a thought.
*Murdy breathes*

OMGZZZZZ MURDY TOOK A BREATH A QUIET PLACE CONFIRMED!!!!!!

So TrTis going in the Parade Warehouse in Florida’s event. Of course they rightfully put it in the biggest venue while ours gets stuffed into the smallest one.

*Murdy breathes*

OMGZZZZZ MURDY TOOK A BREATH A QUIET PLACE CONFIRMED!!!!!!

So TrTis going in the Parade Warehouse in Florida’s event. Of course they rightfully put it in the biggest venue while ours gets stuffed into the smallest one.

I think you are getting venues mixed up, as I'm sure that Aiello was referring to the Parade Building that has been used for TWD, MEAT, Ash, and a few others (but I'd be interested in knowing what @Legacy has to say).

Either way, TrT being at Mummy is a surprising curveball, one that I'm interested to see how it'll be done, as it's still in a actual tent.

Honestly, I would switch Stranger Things and TrT locations. Stranger Things in the Upside Down is all about cramped spaces.

I was honestly thinking at TrT in Mummy Queue and how Light Leaks could be a massive issue for this maze. I get that light leaks have always been a problem and it depands on layout.

But with how close together the Mummy Queue is and how beautiful TrT should look in the dark the light leaks might be a potential issue and also hurt scares with the maze. Similar to how The Exorcist with how dark it was supposed to be for Scares it was ruined sorta by Light Leaks. It depands on the layout of TrT.

Not a fan of this property in Mummy Queue at all.

I loved the trick r’ treat scarezone last year in USO, I’m honestly jealous that you guys get to have it this year and we don’t lol.

I loved the trick r’ treat scarezone last year in USO, I’m honestly jealous that you guys get to have it this year and we don’t lol.

About that..you do have it.

It's a shared property, and was announced with Hollywood on Wednesday. It will go in Bldg 79 for Orlando, which was used for Ash, Halloween, and a few others.

Curious to see how they’ll be able to transition from house-Woods-Quarry-old house without black walls(and also how in the hell they’ll fit the school bus in Mummy); personally I’m hoping they use the comic books to transition without it being too awkward. I think TrT in Mummy shouldn’t be too bad, I thought The Shining would be a cramped mess but it flowed well enough and felt a good size. My main worry with this maze is that the expectations are so high that this really can’t get the AvED/all of 2017 Maze treatment.

Edit - This maze could be the Dark Horse hit considering that with no JP and Stranger Things nextdoor the lines for this maze are gonna be insane

Last edited:
Curious to see how they’ll be able to transition from house-Woods-Quarry-old house without black walls(and also how in the hell they’ll fit the school bus in Mummy); personally I’m hoping they use the comic books to transition without it being too awkward. I think TrT in Mummy shouldn’t be too bad, I thought The Shining would be a cramped mess but it flowed well enough and felt a good size. My main worry with this maze is that the expectations are so high that this really can’t get the AvED/all of 2017 Maze treatment.

Edit - This maze could be the Dark Horse hit considering that with no JP and Stranger Things nextdoor the lines for this maze are gonna be insane

I don't have any advice on the house itself but as for the bus, it would make a great outdoor landmark that could catch the eyes of guests who may only be interested in Stranger Things.

Like, imagine if in front of the Trick N' Treat was the school bus, crashed into the concrete as if it fell from the sky and covered in little things it has collected from it's time left in the river.

You could even turn it into a scarezone, having the chained-up kids wander around the bus. If you get too close, they could burst from their chains and run after you.

Push comes to shove, if Trick 'r Treat ends up just being an "okay" house, it could possibly be attributed to IT or Stranger Things ending up being the power house attractions for 2018, distracting most guests from scrutinizing details in the other houses.

I believe that Murdy mentioned that one of the maze treatment's "transitional hallway' would have green and burnt umber walls. Even something as simple as matte painting the walls to represent, iunno, a hallway in a house or something was a thing that was missing from last year.

There are, I think, simple and cost effective ways of transitioning from each scene to the next: from House to woods could just be a short "backyard fences" stretch, from quarry to old house could be the cave sets... One of the cooler suggestions, I think, is to actually make the school bus the facade a la Ash's trailer from last year, go through a short bit with mannequin/real children, then pop through an outdoor "quarry" to reach an indoor facade of the house with the sheet ghosts and robot girl's corpse. I think that might be cool.

Damn. That'll be the last of the post-HHN OG venues. Twas both a blessing and a curse. With the best mazes (TCM, Exorcist), the worst (Clowns 3D, TitE 3D), the mediocre (Hostel, Silent Hill, Evil Dead) and some Last Jedis (Saw, The Shining). This venue has truly lived. TrT, may you take this venue out in style, maaaaaan!!!

Damn. That'll be the last of the post-HHN OG venues. Twas both a blessing and a curse. With the best mazes (TCM, Exorcist), the worst (Clowns 3D, TitE 3D), the mediocre (Hostel, Silent Hill, Evil Dead) and some Last Jedis (Saw, The Shining). This venue has truly lived. TrT, may you take this venue out in style, maaaaaan!!!

Which raises the question: what's gonna be the lower lot venues next year? The Sound Stage, sure, but where else?

Which raises the question: what's gonna be the lower lot venues next year? The Sound Stage, sure, but where else?
Don’t assume the soundstage will be a given this year. We saw how we had 747 in 2015 but then lost it in 2016 due to production. Movie studio first, then theme park. We’re lucky we got the stage this year. But it is a possibility
But I’m also gonna assume something... the JP retheme to JW will be done in 2019 and I don’t think they’ll do anything to hinder the extended queue so we may see that return

I predict they'll need that extended queue for the first 2 years. Might be 2021-2022 when we get that venue back.