Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Future of Bubba Gump's

JoeCamel

Premium Member
May 20, 2015
Upper Lower
Amended NoC for BG's sign - is this the end or the beginning. If they are installing a new sign from Jones Sign Company then are the rumors of BG leaving premature?

I never saw any actual rumors about it leaving, just typical speculation-becoming-rumor talk. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the busiest restaurant in CityWalk. It probably has the most prime spot in the whole complex. I wouldn't be surprised if it was one of Bubba Gump's busiest locations, it's their largest restaurant, or at least it used to be.

Alene & I were just commenting during this trip that we haven't eaten there for a few years, and we were going to make a point to stop there during our December trip. Looking like it just might not be there when we go back.

I never saw any actual rumors about it leaving, just typical speculation-becoming-rumor talk. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the busiest restaurant in CityWalk. It probably has the most prime spot in the whole complex. I wouldn't be surprised if it was one of Bubba Gump's busiest locations, it's their largest restaurant, or at least it used to be.
Interesting you say that. I always assumed that it was a really empty restaurant because it was off from the main stretch of CityWalk

Bring back Motown Cafe!
Pictures2-832.jpg

The sign that hung on the wall over mini-golf has been gone for several months. Maybe this is its replacement?
Yeah I noticed that was missing after the hurricane. Not sure if it was related to damage from the hurricane or not, but that’s when I noticed.

If they’re doing work on the sign that would seem to me to indicate BG’s is staying. Otherwise they wouldn’t mess with the sign until a new concept was in development. If they’re spending money to replace the sign then it seems it would be safe for the foreseeable future.