The Future of Bubba Gump's | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Future of Bubba Gump's

JoeCamel

Premium Member
May 20, 2015
Upper Lower
Amended NoC for BG's sign - is this the end or the beginning. If they are installing a new sign from Jones Sign Company then are the rumors of BG leaving premature?

Mr. EPCOT

Veteran Member
I never saw any actual rumors about it leaving, just typical speculation-becoming-rumor talk. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the busiest restaurant in CityWalk. It probably has the most prime spot in the whole complex. I wouldn't be surprised if it was one of Bubba Gump's busiest locations, it's their largest restaurant, or at least it used to be.

Mad Dog

Premium Member
Jan 30, 2013
Pittsburgh area
Alene & I were just commenting during this trip that we haven't eaten there for a few years, and we were going to make a point to stop there during our December trip. Looking like it just might not be there when we go back.

Reactions: GadgetGuru

GadgetGuru

Premium Member
Dec 2, 2011
Seattle, WA
I never saw any actual rumors about it leaving, just typical speculation-becoming-rumor talk. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the busiest restaurant in CityWalk. It probably has the most prime spot in the whole complex. I wouldn't be surprised if it was one of Bubba Gump's busiest locations, it's their largest restaurant, or at least it used to be.
Interesting you say that. I always assumed that it was a really empty restaurant because it was off from the main stretch of CityWalk

s8film40

Veteran Member
Apr 18, 2013
The sign that hung on the wall over mini-golf has been gone for several months. Maybe this is its replacement?
Yeah I noticed that was missing after the hurricane. Not sure if it was related to damage from the hurricane or not, but that’s when I noticed.

If they’re doing work on the sign that would seem to me to indicate BG’s is staying. Otherwise they wouldn’t mess with the sign until a new concept was in development. If they’re spending money to replace the sign then it seems it would be safe for the foreseeable future.