Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Future of Bubba Gump's

Interesting you say that. I always assumed that it was a really empty restaurant because it was off from the main stretch of CityWalk
I don’t know what you consider the main stretch, but Bubba Gump’s is literally the first and last thing every single day guest sees as they enter and exit CityWalk. Plus it’s directly across from the movie theater.

Doesn't Hard Rock already fill that gap?

Well, yeah but you just can't have one lone restaurant to fit that bill - especially since Gump's checks off the seafood offering option.

I know the rumor always pops up, but every time I pass by BG during a busy season - it always has a large wait. They just spent money on redoing the outside signs and other touch-ups. This isn't going anywhere any time soon.

Well, yeah but you just can't have one lone restaurant to fit that bill - especially since Gump's checks off the seafood offering option.

I know the rumor always pops up, but every time I pass by BG during a busy season - it always has a large wait. They just spent money on redoing the outside signs and other touch-ups. This isn't going anywhere any time soon.
Creepy shrimp guy was out this morning so I guess that seals it.

Burger King and Panda Express also fit the bill. Most of CityWalk is a pretty safe bet for food.

Burger King and Panda Express also fit the bill. Most of CityWalk is a pretty safe bet for food.

I wouldn’t classify those spots in the same genre of BG. Those are fast casual, not sit down.

Either way, when I say “safe and familiar”, it’s because there are a group of tourists who don’t like to extend outside their comfort zone. The same people that go to World Showcase and eat at the American pavilion.

Got a Landry’s card for Yak & Yeti and the manager told us Bubba is Landry’s as well. I have never had any inclination to eat here, but I’m now curious.

Btw the Landry’s card is a no-brainer if you’re going to eat at one of their restaurants. $25 for front of line, and you get $25 off your first meal.

Walk right past those 180-day ADR Disney fools! :cheers:

Got a Landry’s card for Yak & Yeti and the manager told us Bubba is Landry’s as well. I have never had any inclination to eat here, but I’m now curious.

Btw the Landry’s card is a no-brainer if you’re going to eat at one of their restaurants. $25 for front of line, and you get $25 off your first meal.

It's a great deal.

With the relationship between Universal and Landry's, you wonder if one of their other restaurants could be coming to CityWalk, particularly to replace Emeril's.

I don’t know what you consider the main stretch, but Bubba Gump’s is literally the first and last thing every single day guest sees as they enter and exit CityWalk. Plus it’s directly across from the movie theater.
I guess I consider the main stretch the large open area in between the two parks.

You bring up a great point that every day guest passes by it. I feel like neither Bubba’s or the theater is affected by that traffic though. Both of them seem like places that people will seek out, instead of just stumbling upon.

I guess I am one of the few that really is not impressed with any of Landry’s restaurants. Actually, I would put Yak and Yeti at the top, but rain forest, T-Rex, and Bubba Gump...well, I’ve just never really felt I’ve gotten the right value/quality for my $.

Maybe I am just stuck on thinking the food cost more to help them pay for the theming as in a wonder if those restaurants would be as busy if they weren’t experiences.