Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 28: Ticket, RIP Tours, and Pass Information

First time HHN-goer here and looking for some advice! We currently have HHN tickets for Sept 20 and 21st, but aren't sure if we should get Express Pass for one of the nights. Will we be able to do *everything* and at an enjoyable pace without it over both nights?

First time HHN-goer here and looking for some advice! We currently have HHN tickets for Sept 20 and 21st, but aren't sure if we should get Express Pass for one of the nights. Will we be able to do *everything* and at an enjoyable pace without it over both nights?
Get them, enjoy your night.
Been going steadily since 15 and I won't go without them anymore.

I would get the pass for one night, and do all the houses, and on the second night just go back to your favorites.

Sadly, I think you'll find that after you has used express pass, it's really hard to go back to waiting in long lines with everyone else.

Is there any discount for adding HHN to a day ticket?
From the TaC;
Online savings based off front gate price of a day of event ticket at $114.99. Not valid with any other specials, promotions or discounts. Sales tax and parking fee not included. Day admission tickets, Annual/Seasonal Passes and Complimentary Passes are not valid for Halloween Horror Nights admission.

So no, not this year

If you want to see how busy it is you can purchase at the park and it will be added to your ticket onsite. They don't always sell out of express so you can wait and see.
Personally? I wont attend the event without express, BTDT and I have no desire to stand in hour long lines again.

From the TaC;
Online savings based off front gate price of a day of event ticket at $114.99. Not valid with any other specials, promotions or discounts. Sales tax and parking fee not included. Day admission tickets, Annual/Seasonal Passes and Complimentary Passes are not valid for Halloween Horror Nights admission.

So no, not this year

Thank you!

If you want to see how busy it is you can purchase at the park and it will be added to your ticket onsite. They don't always sell out of express so you can wait and see.
Personally? I wont attend the event without express, BTDT and I have no desire to stand in hour long lines again.

If you buy them at the park they charge more than purchasing them online.

I wanted to get express last year so I walked up to the people at the booth, set up outside the gates, selling tickets and express but when they gave me the total it was a lot more than I had viewed on line. So I said no thanks, and stepped away had a seat, and bought them on line $30 cheaper.

Ticket question. If I purchase a Rush of Fear + Express, which is roughly $300 plus tax, at the end of the three weeks, am I able to upgrade to FFP with Express, which is roughly $420 plus tax at a cost of ~$120?

Ticket question. If I purchase a Rush of Fear + Express, which is roughly $300 plus tax, at the end of the three weeks, am I able to upgrade to FFP with Express, which is roughly $420 plus tax at a cost of ~$120?
I don't have enough experience to answer definitively, but last year I was able to update my single night ticket to a FFP, then to a FFP+, all for a charge that was equivalent to the difference between each ticket level. They seemed happy to take my money :grin:

Two additional ticket questions:
1) HHN is a no-entry event, correct? I believe that's the case, but when I bought tix this year, they did not have a print-at-home option, so I can't confirm the fine print until I pick them up in October.

2) When it comes to Express Passes bought in the park the night of, I'm always reading that they get cheaper after ~10 PM. Has anyone seen this to be the case? What is the general consensus on frequency/likelihood of Express Passes selling out?